Aaron Medley has quietly made 10 of his last 11 field goals

govols120

15-0
True freshman kicking in front of huge crowds each week, and he's been one of our most consistent players. Bright future ahead, I think.

Reactions: 30 people
Last year Butch and staff coached up Palardy. This year they've got Darr and Medley playing well. Next year they'll have a freshman punter but I'm confident after the last two years.

I believe our punter coming in is also a good one....so hopefully next year will be solid for years to come.

I like this thread. Usually those guys don't get noticed unless things are going bad.
(or they are breaking records) But solid performance.

Reactions: 1 person
Glad to see that first kick was nerves. Once he got that out of his system he's been very good. Will be nice to have a reliable kicker for the next few years

Reactions: 2 people
After the first game of the year....I no longer worry about placekicking....Great job Aaron!!!

Kid's been great. Has missed 3 or so but has really only shanked 1 all year which was his first attempt vs USU. Kicking well, nice to feel like we have a very reliable kicker for the next 3 years and 4 games.

He has been good, I'm waiting on him to hit that winning kick in a big game! Its coming!

Medley will have a nice career at UT, probably notch a nice mark for himself in the record books when it's all said and done.

Last year Butch and staff coached up Palardy. This year they've got Darr and Medley playing well. Next year they'll have a freshman punter but I'm confident after the last two years.

When Negavols bash Butch's coaching, do they credit his special teams work?

Glad this came up, he deserves the recognition.

Another phase of our game that has improved vastly over the past 2 years.

It lookedlike fall camp was tough on him physically, at the beginning of the year. He has gotten progressively stronger each week and seems to finally be at full strength. He has the best mechanics of any kicker since Wilhoit and may be the most accurate ever by the time he's finished.

VN Store

Back