USCe Pass Off 3rd
USCe Run Off 7th

UT Tot Def 7th
UT Pass Def 3rd
UT Run Def 8th

UT Tot Off 13th
UT Pass Off 6th
UT Run Off 13th

Here is a positive we desperately need to build on. Even though the Vol rush offense is 13th in the conference, our past game netted 181 yds rushing against the 1st rush defense team in Ala, who has yielded an average of only 78 yrds per game.

We need a superb effort of overall Defense against USCe with another positive offensive to exploit the Gamecock Defense. Attack, attack, attack! Dadgumit!

Reactions: 2 people
It's gonna be a tough game to win at their place with the way they can put up some points. But I think we match up with them a lot better than most of the other teams we've been playing. I could see us winning.

...and I count myself among those labeled as "NegaVols."

I like our chances with their poor defense vs. our lackluster offense (could be improved from here on out after last Saturday's performance and Dobbs) and our good defense vs. their good offense.

I think we're in for a strong finish to the season. GBO

Reactions: 3 people
I'm hoping we go in fired up with Dobbs and our defense is on fire. They show up frustrated and feeling no hope after the auburn game, and we've got this.

Reactions: 1 person
Stop Mike Davis, and we'll be good.....or....Steve Spurrier will do what he did against Kentucky and stop Mike Davis himself and make Dylan Thompson throw which resulted into interceptions which resulted into Kentucky winning.

I think we are prerty good against a one demionsal offense if we stop the strong part early. Bama and ole miss were able to control the game with their balanced attacks.

Our D while nicked up will go in with a chip on their shoulder after AL game. They have something to prove by stopping big plays and regaining 3rd down defense supremacy! They will also snag 2-3 picks from Thompson.

Also, our D will play much better with rest that comes with our offense getting a plethora of consecutive first downs. Like what I am seeing from Dobbs and others such as TE Alex Ellis. Kendrick and Gilliam stepping up last game too.

Reactions: 2 people
Also, our D will play much better with rest that comes with our offense getting a plethora of consecutive first downs. Like what I am seeing from Dobbs and others •such as TE Alex Ellis•. Kendrick and Gilliam stepping up last game too.

Alex Ellis has surprised me the past couple weeks.

Considering how the USCe offense is going I believe we will need to score in the 30's to win this game. Thompson has improved a lot.

I think we are prerty good against a one demionsal offense if we stop the strong part early. Bama and ole miss were able to control the game with their balanced attacks.

Do you really feel like South Carolina is one dimensional? (<<<<edit lol) Thompson has thrown for 2200 yards and Davis has rushed for 750 yards and Wilds has added another 300. I'm very intrigued to see our offense face your defence. Prob the best we will have seen all year so far

Last edited:
SC doesn't have an Amari Cooper, TJ Yeldon, Derrick Henry, Landon Collins, Blake Simms, Lane Kiffin, Nick Saban, the best punter in the country or one of the best defenses in the nation.

Needless to say I like our chances. It will be a tough game, but I think if we play disciplined football, we can win.

Excellent chance with the gauntlet having been run. There are a lot of unknowns for Spurrier and crew to figure out, since they've only seen Dobbs while under far more pressure than they'll provide. USCe's talent is better than their ability to execute with consistency. Davis can run, though, and there's talent on the offensive line, so I wouldn't consider them one dimensional (demionsal? What's that?). Our guys will be ready and maybe the zebras won't be so one-sided, since neither of these teams can pad Slive's pockets with big SEC bowl bucks. Let's get four-in-a-row. Spurrier needs to retire, so let's give him a push.

Looks like a pretty even matchup to me.

We still don't know for certain that JW won't be our starter either so it could be him or Dobbs.

USCe couldn't stop allBarn but they couldn't stop the cocks either.

I believe that if our good D shows up for a full 60 minutes that we leave with a WIN and all the cocks are crying again.

Doing that could make the old ball coach decide he's had enough and is ready for full time playing golf.

When that happens USCe returns to winning 5 or 6 games a year like their history shows.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

USC's D is terrible--UT will light them up for big points. They can't stop anybody.

Excellent chance with the gauntlet having been run. There are a lot of unknowns for Spurrier and crew to figure out, since they've only seen Dobbs while under far more pressure than they'll provide. USCe's talent is better than their ability to execute with consistency. Davis can run, though, and there's talent on the offensive line, so I wouldn't consider them one dimensional (demionsal? What's that?). Our guys will be ready and maybe the zebras won't be so one-sided, since neither of these teams can pad Slive's pockets with big SEC bowl bucks. Let's get four-in-a-row. Spurrier needs to retire, so let's give him a push.

I about lost it on on the phantom PI call midway through the 4th when we desperately needed a stop.

I agree about the score of the game. Should be 38 to 35, or 42 to 38, something in those ranges.

SCar averages giving up 208 rushing yards per game. 208!! For comparison, our Sal Sunseri-led defense of 2012 allowed 188 rushing ypg. We should be able to run with great success if Dobbs is the qb.

I about lost it on on the phantom PI call midway through the 4th when we desperately needed a stop.

Oh, you mean the one the side judge called from 25 yards away even though he was in a "straight line" with our db and the receiver so he couldn't possibly have known at what point our db made contact with the receiver? The same one that closer and better positioned refs DIDN'T call? You mean that one?

Yeah, phantom is a good word.

AV

So can you explain to me why they lost to Missouri and A&M at home?

Texas A&M purely picked on 2 new corners and we had a DL that couldn't even spit past there OL. We were outclassed plain and simple. Missouri on the other hand was all Spurrier. We were the better team against Missouri and Kentucky. Unfortunately Spurrier gets that itch to pass once he goes up multiple touchdowns and we didnt stick to the run that got us 14 point leads in the 4th quarter. Instead we came out and slung the ball 2000 yards down the field when all we needed was a couple yards lol.

VN Store

Back