Vol's need a spark on offense

photovol

I did enjoy watching Dobbs lead the team and bring a needed dynamic to the Vol's sputtering offense.
I hope Dobbs can take control of the offense and win 3 out of 4 to get to a bowl game.
Are we expecting too much from Dobbs to win 3 of 4 Games?

I don't think we are expecting too much. Keep in mind, the hardest part is over. It was over after Ole Miss. The competition isn't easy from here but it is nowhere near the level we have faced over they last two weeks.

Scratch the Florida game from your mind. That was just a weird struggle that wouldn't have happened on the Friday before or the Sunday after.

Reactions: 3 people
It's a team effort, not just Dobbs. I expect our team to play better going forward because 1) our younger guys have been through the fire and 2) our opponents will not be as talented as our previous opponents. I think we can get 3 of 4. I "expect" Dobbs to have some struggles and some success. It'll take a team effort to get wins against SC, KY and MO.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
I did enjoy watching Dobb's lead the team and bring a needed dynamic to the Vol's sputtering offense.
I hope Dobb's can take control of the offense and win 3 out of 4 to get to a bowl game.
Are we expecting too much from Dobb's to win 3 of 4 Games?

With this team? Yes, imo. However, he appears to be the best fit for the offense and by extension our best hope to get there. 2 of those games are on the road.....this team hasn't won road games.

All Dobbs has to do is do what he did against Bama. Nothing more, nothing less. If he does that UT will score 30+ and win the game. If they win that game there is no question in my mind they will win at least 6 on the season with the schedule that remains. If he regresses in this next game they will have a losing record IMO. I predict he will do well and UT wins the game.

Reactions: 1 person
I think dobbs did a really good job for his first game of the year. Playing against bama at home is probably the closest thing to a hostile road environment as you can get so hopefully he can keep this momentum going on the road to SCAR. If we can get the SCAR win the rest of the schedule should feel like running downhill compared to what we've had the first part of the year

Kentucky after a bye week, at neyland should be a solid W. Mizzou at neyland will be a winnable game if we can minimize turnovers and play solid D like we have. And candy should be the 1 win we should consider "in the bag".

Dobbs is the spark.

giphy.gif

Dobbs definitely gave us a spark in the bama game. From watching him the other night he has improved quite a bit. I really hope he can help guide our young team to a bowl. Only time will tell. GO VOLS!

Yes Dobbs was the spark. Had we started Dobbs and not spotted them 20 quick points this is a whole different ball game. Proud of them regardless, played well.

With this team? Yes, imo. However, he appears to be the best fit for the offense and by extension our best hope to get there. 2 of those games are on the road.....this team hasn't won road games.

Excuse me, but this year's trip to Vahnduhbilt Stadium can be accurately described as a journey to Neyland Stadium West.

Reactions: 2 people
Excuse me, but this year's trip to Vahnduhbilt Stadium can be accurately described as a journey to Neyland Stadium West.

Lets hope so. I'm thinking surely that's a blowout W at Vandy High, but I'm honestly not 100% sure. Vandy 2013 and Florida this year did a number on my confidence in Butch to win these type of games. I'm sure it sounds a little extreme, but I'm just not sold its automatic.

Not taking anything away from Dobbs, cause he balled out..... But does anyone think that his success came mostly on Alabama not being able to game plan for him? Up till then our offense was only screens and delays lol

Receiver corps can be special, but they need to step it up! No reason why VOLS can't put lots of points & yards up Saturday against Spurrier & his chicks.

Our road games have been Oklahoma, Georgia, and Ole Miss. USCe and Vandy are the 2 road games remaining. The 2 remaining are not nearly the stature of the first 3. Winning 3 or the 4 is very doable. Whether we do or not, it's doable.

Reactions: 3 people
I think our offense will look a lot better going forward because 1. The teams left are worse 2. We got the right kind of QB for our system 3. Our freshmen have had 8 games to get the freshman screw up's outta the way.

I don't think we are expecting too much. Keep in mind, the hardest part is over. It was over after Ole Miss. The competition isn't easy from here but it is nowhere near the level we have faced over they last two weeks.

Scratch the Florida game from your mind. That was just a weird struggle that wouldn't have happened on the Friday before or the Sunday after.

This is the mindset I want to adopt. Just forget the Florida game. That game gives me nightmares. Hope it was just an off day.

Also wonder if Worley has been banged up since that Georgia game? He came back in and looked great but he looked like a different player against Florida. We weren't throwing the ball down field as much in that game. Not sure if it was him or the playcalling that changed. And of course we looked awful against Ole Miss but I keep reminding myself how good of a D they have. So I am cautiously optimistic about the rest of the season.

I just hope nobody puts unreal expectations on him. Yes he played good vs Bama. However he may or may not play that well from here on out. Do I think he has the potential to? Absolutely. But I will not be surprised if he struggles.

I think he will get better the more he plays. As long as the defense continues to play good, it will take a lot of pressure off of Dobbs. I certainly hope he continues to build off of his good performance against Bama.

The biggest spark will occur when there are very few first year freshmen being asked to start, some out of their natural position and have had a year or two in the weight room and a couple of spring practices under their belt.. Its coming but it takes time.

I did enjoy watching Dobbs lead the team and bring a needed dynamic to the Vol's sputtering offense.
I hope Dobbs can take control of the offense and win 3 out of 4 to get to a bowl game.
Are we expecting too much from Dobbs to win 3 of 4 Games?

Dobbs is one player but plays at the most important position. We won't win without him. The more important question to me: Is it fair to expect us (as a team) to win 3 out of 4? :whistling:

GO VOLS!

I do expect them to win all four, if they were to lose to SC I’ll be disappointed as I am with any loss, but by Sunday I’ll be pumped to win the next three.

Beat USC and I like our chances to win out. Lose to USC, and there's no telling where the team confidence is at that point. We may not make a bowl game.

Get the ball to Pearson more. He makes people miss tackles. Other than Hurd, no one else does.

VN Store

Back