Can you see the process now ?????

jason3713

I posted last week that Blair will be the future at LT and Dobbs was the future at QB.

CBJ was trying to get through the season with a serviceable QB and a bunch of Freshman getting their feet wet. No matter who the QB was we were going to be a 5-7 to a 7-5 team. We don't have the depth or experience to compete with the elite just yet. Oline has to get a season under their belts and the freshman need the weight room.

Jones was trying to have a senior QB with all the talent he brought in this year.

Now with the injury to Worley and the redshirt off Dobbs we will have a first year QB when we have elite talent and depth.

Of course this doesn't have to be a bad thing because we now have a couple coming in that can have a chance to mature a couple of years before one takes over.

Reactions: 7 people
I posted last week that Blair will be the future at LT and Dobbs was the future at QB.

CBJ was trying to get through the season with a serviceable QB and a bunch of Freshman getting their feet wet. No matter who the QB was we were going to be a 5-7 to a 7-5 team. We don't have the depth or experience to compete with the elite just yet. Oline has to get a season under their belts and the freshman need the weight room.

Jones was trying to have a senior QB with all the talent he brought in this year.

Now with the injury to Worley and the redshirt off Dobbs we will have a first year QB when we have elite talent and depth.

Of course this doesn't have to be a bad thing because we now have a couple coming in that can have a chance to mature a couple of years before one takes over.

Geez...process...what process??? Dobbs should have been our quarterback all year. Man you guys are blind to reality!!

Reactions: 10 people
Are you saying the "process" has a mind of its own? Or, are you saying, this was planned by CBJ, as part of his process? How did he know Worley was going to be hurt? Is Worley actually hurt?
Is the "process" just putting things in motion, and they'll take care of themselves? I don't think, and this is just me, that CBJ actually knew at the start of the year, when Worley was going to be injured, and who he would start against Bama in his place. But if he did, I am a believer in the CBJ process, if not, I think it would be better categorized as "Circumstances dictated".

Reactions: 2 people
I see and have seen the process. Just wish it wasn't at a pace that seems to rival a slug making its way through a gallon of molasses.

Reactions: 5 people
You aren't guaranteed tomorrow. I can remember Majors redshirting players such as Chuck Webb simply on a matter of principle, only to lose them early anyway. When in fact, those players would have made a differenced day one. Can you imagine having a policy of redshirting all freshmen today?

So, I understand CBJ looking towards the future and where he wants the process to go. But, if you have players that will improve your team NOW, you play them. Winning fixes more problems than anything, and it's hard to argue that UT would not have at least beat UF with Dobbs @ QB. If you change that one outcome, I can assure you the response of fans is entirely different.

Plus, how does a bowl and the additional practice fit into the process?

Also, you can't use a one size fits all interpretation of redshirt. Blair's situation doesn't necessarily look like Dobbs.

We can only lose 1 of the next 4 games. Go 2-2 or worse and no bowl or extra practices to worry about.

Even with Dobbs at QB, it is not going to be easy. We are 0-4 in the SEC. That is last place. Granted, we have played great teams, other than UF.

Even knowing and expecting this was likely a 5-7 season doesn't help the fanbase and won't help season ticket sales for next year.

I hope we go 4-0

Reactions: 6 people
I agree but the natives are restless. Some will just never be happy.

You, my friend, get the funny/lame quote of the year! Let's see, we've been losing for 10 years--and we should be happy about what exactly? We're getting waxed every game? You act like we won the national title last year and are complaining about this year. What a dumb line.

Reactions: 13 people
If Jones just wanted to lose games and look toward next year, then why didn't he just go with Peterman against bama? He didn't have to play Dobbs.

Reactions: 6 people
Easy to say Dobbs should have started from the beginning . For one thing we don't get to watch them practice everyday and that is where you gain trust. Must not have done it. Also, major shortcomings last season passing accuracy, or lack thereof of, and physical strength. He seems to have improved in both areas.

Reactions: 1 person
Are you saying the "process" has a mind of its own? Or, are you saying, this was planned by CBJ, as part of his process? How did he know Worley was going to be hurt? Is Worley actually hurt?
Is the "process" just putting things in motion, and they'll take care of themselves? I don't think, and this is just me, that CBJ actually knew at the start of the year, when Worley was going to be injured, and who he would start against Bama in his place. But if he did, I am a believer in the CBJ process, if not, I think it would be better categorized as "Circumstances dictated".

Same way the rest of us did. We saw the oline.
JK. I agree - Circumstances.

So Butch's master plan involved starting Peterman against Bama, falling behind 27-0, and getting the fanbase fired up with Dobbs' performance?

I admit, I must have missed something.

Reactions: 3 people
Nobody said he wanted to lose. He was trying to make the best of a bad situation and plan for the future.

If Worley, Peterman could have gotten us to 6-6 and we go to a bowl. Wouldn't it have been great to have Dobbs as a senior with our others from this class? Or would you rather have 7-5 maybe and lose Dobbs for half a year?

Either way the point is moot, Worley got injured and we had to play Dobbs.

Geez...process...what process??? Dobbs should have been our quarterback all year. Man you guys are blind to reality!!

I just have 2 questions:

1. What is the "reality" we are all blind to?

2. What are your credentials that should make us believe you a have any clue as to what you're talking about?

I'll hang up and listen.

I can rationalize why we are where we are but imagining this is all some well orchestrated process is laughable. Plenty of damn mistakes.

I can rationalize why we are where we are but imagining this is all some well orchestrated process is laughable. Plenty of damn mistakes.

The process isn't some orchestrated show put on by Butch and staff. Its getting better athletes here and getting them ready. Its trying to redshirt certain players where your team tops out together.

Its not some dog and pony show like some of you try and make it out to be. Its the same process every team in the country uses.

Get the best players you can get, get them experience and weight room time. Try and peak at the right time to win it all. Its a process!!!!!

VN Store

Back