What Other Message Boards Are Saying: South Carolina Edition

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
This thread has a doppelgänger thread that really threw me a curveball, but I guess it could be taken as a form of flattery. But this may have needed two threads because there is a whole whole lot of UT chatter on the Gamecock message boards.

If you want to get a feel for the South Carolina fanbase you don't have to look very far, they are talking, acting, and sounding just like us. They are disappointed with their season, they want some coaches gone, they are hoping for a bowl bid, and the result of their last 4 games is crucial to their sanity.

Here's what the Cock-loving faithful are saying about Saturday's matchup against the Vols:

-The vibe I'm getting is that they think Spurrier has pretty much mentally checked out. They think he is done and just wants to get this season over with so he can figure out what he wants to do.

-They are still mad about last year, but I think it's a bit drowned out by how disappointed they are about the current season.

-This is their "must win to get to a bowl" game.

-They believe Dillon Thompson will light up our secondary.

-There's a thread asking everyone's thoughts on the 8 point spread and most think it's too high.

-They talk like they have a lot of respect for Dobbs. A lot of posts mentioning his ability to run:

He (Worley) didn't play at all. Hurt his shoulder the previous game. He is day-to-day right now, but frankly, if Dobbs (kid who finished the game vs Bama) is playing instead, that's not good news for us. He is inexperienced but more mobile. He played fairly well vs Bama last night. I'm hoping Worley is healthy this Saturday.

We need J Worley to play and not the other kid.....

Dobbs will be dangerous with his legs.

-They scurred:
Can you imagine our DB's trying to match up with the likes of North?

-They believe they will need to score a LOT of points to win.

-Their defense is a huge concern for them. I see defense bashing from all over their boards, from slow secondary to weak D-line.

-Their DC is our Bajakian. A lot of posters want him fired, considering him the weak link of an otherwise good coaching staff.

-They consider themselves to be just like we considered ourselves in 2012, in the sense that they talk about opposing teams' QB's and say things like "don't worry he will have the game of his career against us."

-Scurred again:
If whoever not named Peterman has time to throw, they will move the ball. The offensive line for UT has been an abortion, but I can just see Jaylen Hurd running all over us. UT would be wise to use him in some wild cat. Hurd, Pearson, Malone, and North all scare me.

-There's a thread called "Tennessee found it's dual threat QB just in time for us!" Made me lulz.

-They are extremely confident in their offense.

-General score predictions have them winning between 3 and 7 points.

-This kind of stuff still bothers me. They were posting stuff like this last year too:
Remember Lattimore and what the Viles did to him 2 years ago. Let that be the team's motivation.

........... I guess we game-planned all along to injure Lattimore and end his college career.

-They take a lot of pride in their stadium like we do. They seem to think the X-factor here will be our guys trying to play a night game there.

-I'm not sure what this is about, but I repeatedly see the phrase "all they have to do is line up in the wildcat every snap and we're screwed" on their boards. I haven't watched them enough to know what that's about, but I guess other teams have had success in the wildcat while playing them?

Basically the fan confidence is at an all-time low. They aren't talking about this game like our last few opponents have been. They hope to win rather than expecting it, and most expect the line to move to about 4 or 5 by mid-week. High powered offense and atrocious defense, South Carolina right now is the 2012 Vols. Let's go win the 1st of 4 games this Saturday.

GBO

Last edited:
Reactions: 23 people
This thread has a doppelgänger thread that really threw me a curveball, but I guess it could be taken as a form of flattery. But this may have needed two threads because there is a whole whole lot of UT chatter on the Gamecock message boards.

If you want to get a feel for the South Carolina fanbase you don't have to look very far, they are talking, acting, and sounding just like us. They are disappointed with their season, they want some coaches gone, they are hoping for a bowl bid, and the result of their last 4 games is crucial to their sanity.

Here's what the Cock-loving faithful are saying about Saturday's matchup against the Vols:

-The vibe I'm getting is that they think Spurrier has pretty much mentally checked out. They think he is done and just wants to get this season over with so he can figure out what he wants to do.

-They are still mad about last year, but I think it's a bit drowned out by how disappointed they are about the current season.

-This is their "must win to get to a bowl" game.

-They believe Dillon Thompson will light up our secondary.

-There's a thread asking everyone's thoughts on the 8 point spread and most think it's too high.

-They talk like they have a lot of respect for Dobbs. A lot of posts mentioning his ability to run:

-They scurred:

-They believe they will need to score a LOT of points to win.

-Their defense is a huge concern for them. I see defense bashing from all over their boards, from slow secondary to weak D-line.

-Their DC is our Bajakian. A lot of posters want him fired, considering him the weak link of an otherwise good coaching staff.

-They consider themselves to be just like we considered ourselves in 2012, in the sense that they talk about opposing teams' QB's and say things like "don't worry he will have the game of his career against us."

-Scurred again:

-There's a thread called "Tennessee found it's dual threat QB just in time for us!" Made me lulz.

-They are extremely confident in their offense.

-General score predictions have them winning between 3 and 7 points.

-This kind of stuff still bothers me. They were posting stuff like this last year too:

........... I guess we game-planned all along to injure Lattimore and end his college career.

-They take a lot of pride in their stadium like we do. They seem to think the X-factor here will be our guys trying to play a night game there.

-I'm not sure what this is about, but I repeatedly see the phrase "all they have to do is line up in the wildcat every snap and we're screwed" on their boards. I haven't watched them enough to know what that's about, but I guess other teams have had success in the wildcat while playing them?

Basically the fan confidence is at an all-time low. They aren't talking about this game like our last few opponents have been. They hope to win rather than expecting it, and most expect the line to move to about 4 or 5 by mid-week. High powered offense and atrocious defense, South Carolina right now is the 2012 Vols. Let's go win the 1st of 4 games this Saturday.

GBO

As usual, beautifully done Chatta....thanks.

Note to the scared SC fans:

Dobbs at QB = wildcat formation.

Bama was absolutely clueless how to stop our "quad-threat" motion when Pearson or Alton would come in motion and arrive at the QB just after he received the snap. Dobbs can hand off to the WR on a jet sweep, or hand off to Hurd, or keep it himself, or do a standard play-action drop back pass.

Only our sense of urgency due to being way behind and short on time kept us from gashing Bama for 250+ yards on the ground. Good luck defending that AND Wide-Receiver-U.

Guess the Butch/Baj offense doesn't suck after all.

AV

Reactions: 19 people
Excellent..Always look forward to this thread every week...Thank you

Note to the scared SC fans:

Dobbs at QB = wildcat formation.

Bama was absolutely clueless how to stop our "quad-threat" motion when Pearson or Alton would come in motion and arrive at the QB just after he received the snap. Dobbs can hand off to the WR on a jet sweep, or hand off to Hurd, or keep it himself, or do a standard play-action drop back pass.

Only our sense of urgency due to being way behind and short on time kept us from gashing Bama for 250+ yards on the ground. Good luck defending that AND Wide-Receiver-U.

Guess the Butch/Baj offense doesn't suck after all.

AV

I loved that action. Soooo many options off of it

Dobbs appearance in Saturday's game reminded me an awful lot like Brays appearance in the SC game in 2010. We lost that game too but left with a feeling we had found our future QB. Let's hope the similariaties continue and we get to a bowl game again.

GBO!

Reactions: 4 people
I read where someone posted. "They have that one corner but the the rest of their secondary is Swiss cheese"

I always enjoy this thread as well, and well done yer again. But is this really a "My thread!" urinating competition? This couldn't have gone in the existing thread? No. No it didn't need two threads, no matter how much USC chatter is going on.

Seems a bit pre-Madonna to me.

Well I do this thread every week and have been for 2 years. I'm not sure why someone else decided to drop in and do the exact same thing, exactly how I do it. I'm not mad but I'm still going to post my thread. I don't work all week on a comment I'm going to post in someone else's thread.

Reactions: 15 people
Normally we wouldn't need two threads for this, but Chatt-town has made the effort and done these threads consistently for a while now, so I don't have an issue with separate threads, even though it is a bit confusing.

If we win this weekend, we're going to need two threads every week. You know that, right? :)

Reactions: 10 people
Normally we wouldn't need two threads for this, but Chatt-town has made the effort and done these threads consistently for a while now, so I don't have an issue with separate threads, even though it is a bit confusing.

If we win this weekend, we're going to need two threads every week. You know that, right? :)

We've been needing a pair for a while.

Reactions: 11 people
With Worley, our OLine struggled against above average defensive lines, because they were tasked with holding a pocket for an immobile QB.

With Dobbs, we have a QB who masks the OLine's weaknesses with his ability to scramble within and out of the pocket. Alabama has a stud DL, but they were mostly neutralized with Dobbs in the game.

If SCar has a below average DL, then I think our offense moves the ball at will. If SCar thinks Dylan Thompson will shred our secondary, they're in for a rude awakening Saturday night.

Reactions: 1 person

If we win this weekend we're doing 2 threads every week and I'm wearing the same underwear I wore when I made this one.

Reactions: 7 people
I think Butch will intentionally try to mislead USC as to who the starter will be. I think a lot of people wanted him to go ahead and anoint Dobbs the starter after Bama, but maybe he wants to do every bit he can to impede USC's game planning. Just a thought.

I think Butch will intentionally try to mislead USC as to who the starter will be. I think a lot of people wanted him to go ahead and anoint Dobbs the starter after Bama, but maybe he wants to do every bit he can to impede USC's game planning. Just a thought.

There is no additional planning for Worley. Play a 4 man front and sack his ass. All teams will plan for Dobbs and pray for Worley.

Reactions: 6 people
Well I do this thread every week and have been for 2 years. I'm not sure why someone else decided to drop in and do the exact same thing, exactly how I do it. I'm not mad but I'm still going to post my thread. I don't work all week on a comment I'm going to post in someone else's thread.

Love reading yours, and appreciate the work. Yours has the street cred! And they better be scared!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back