Back to East sidelines opinion

Flipdaddy

Not just because of Kiffin but every since we moved from the east to the west all you see on TV is the visiting team the WHOLE game. I realize that the sun gets that side during the day but recruits, if they watch on TV, mostly see the other team . Dooley changed it.

Not just because of Kiffin but every since we moved from the east to the west all you see on TV is the visiting team the WHOLE game. I realize that the sun gets that side during the day but recruits, if they watch on TV, mostly see the other team . Dooley changed it.

Tend to agree with you. The only thing that gives me pause is after the Florida game in 2008, after being in the swamp in 2007, I was saying to myself that we needed to switch sides so we were in the shade during games in September because I was sweating my b***s off.

They moved it because players on that sideline sweat and get worn down a lot more. It makes no sense that our team suffer any sort of home disadvantage.

PS - recruits that matter are on campus, not watching TV to see who is shown the most.

PPS - it was espn. Kiffin was their main storyline all game.

Idk why it matters what team is shown on the sidelines on TV.

Reactions: 1 person
Add this to the list of **** that doesn't matter when you win.

I'm seeing stuff like this on the gator boards as well.

When you are losing, it is amazing the random stuff that people look for as a potential answer to the problem.

Reactions: 5 people
We are on the correct side line, sun and heat is the reason and for players its a good one.

Sooooo the teams that have been beating our butts since 2010 are drained by the sun cause they are on the east sidelines? I've noticed it's really helped us being cooler. Seriously, most VOL fans are at home watching and we hate seeing the opposing team the whole game. Just saying.

Add this to the list of **** that doesn't matter when you win.

I'm seeing stuff like this on the gator boards as well.

When you are losing, it is amazing the random stuff that people look for as a potential answer to the problem.

There was complaining back in '93 when UT switched sides. I couldn't imagine the uproar had VN been around then.

Your post is correct. The crap people notice and complain about are only because the team is losing. If the team is winning, none of this is ever brought up.

Found an article from Jan. 22 2010. It was announced a week after Dooley was hired.

Idk why it matters what team is shown on the sidelines on TV.

I like seeing our VOLS in the background of plays. That's why. Tired of seeing the other teams on the sidelines cutting up and carrying on during the game when our asses are getting whipped. The camera layout at Neyland used to have to purposly show the visitors on camera. Now they have to purposly show us and I don't like it.

VN Store

Back