Why so much negativity?

K-town Vol Fan

Blood Runneth Orange
Watching the replay of our game now on the SECN. We were down 27-0. Its a 10 point game in the 3rd quarter. This is Bama. They've blown us out since 09. They just thumped A&M 59-0. This team fought and played their hearts out, and nearly brought it all the way back. But yet all im seeing on this board is people being negative. Questioning the coaches. Second guessing every decision Butch has made.

Just stop. This team had serious anxiety issues the first quarter. Thats what happens when you play 20+ true freshman. They settled in, and we outscored a VERY superior team in the second half. Where are all the threads giving our guys some damn credit?

I know there are some fans who will not be happy until we start winning against teams like Bama, but I came into this game just wanting to see some progress and improvement, and there was plenty of it.

I have no doubt Butch is going to have us competing for the SEC very soon, and idk about you guys but im F'n excited to finally be on the right track.

Reactions: 38 people
Ended the game on a 20-7 run against one of the best (if not the best) teams in the country.

Not a win, but ill take it.

Reactions: 4 people
To be fair, talk and moral victories will only take you so far. On one side, no sense in letting a game make you miserable. On the other, which was your favorite win this year? Was it Utah State, Arkansas State, or UTC? Those can claim on the right track, but at some point, need to see results not just a couple quarters where the school outscored the other school. Need some SEC wins and need a bowl win for everyone to get behind him.

Bama let off the gas. Don't have to pull starters to ease up.

Why the negativity? Maybe because we're 3-5 looking at no bowl and half the people on here insist that everything is going exactly as planned.

Reactions: 7 people
Sunshine pumpers often times fail to see reality as it is. Moral victories are for losers, which we currently are. Being critical of a fan base that only wants to win again is not a bad thing. Some schools have fan bases that could care less about football and just wait for stupid sports like basketball. Be glad we have a fan base that wants to win, even if you prefer to view our team through the Vol-colored glasses. .

To be fair, talk and moral victories will only take you so far. On one side, no sense in letting a game make you miserable. On the other, which was your favorite win this year? Was it Utah State, Arkansas State, or UTC? Those can claim on the right track, but at some point, need to see results not just a couple quarters where the school outscored the other school. Need some SEC wins and need a bowl win for everyone to get behind him.

Agreed. The wins need to come, but for all of his winning PR ways, I am surprised CBJ let himself end up in this position. If Dobbs continues to do well, fans will declare that CBJ did not evaluate the QB position correctly. If Dobbs falters, then fans will just say he can't coach on game day. Then, God forbid he decides Worley gives us the best chance to win a game, he's toast. Wouldn't want to be in his position.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree, k-town. We are getting better. My hope for the future remains high.
Meanwhile, Bama has afflicted with Kiffenoma. A rare parasite/ cancer hybrid which destroys from the inside and then moves on to another host.

Why the negativity? Maybe because we're 3-5 looking at no bowl and half the people on here insist that everything is going exactly as planned.

They let off the gas? They were still throwing deep balls in the 4th.

This is exactly what im talking about. You say were looking at no bowl but imo, if we play like we did the second half against Bama, we can win out.

And yes, so far everything is going as planned. The general consensus on the board before the season started was a bowl game would be considered a successful season. Now all the sudden you are upset we aren't beating the top teams in the country. You seriously lack perspective, although im not really surprised given the fact you're a self-admitted hillbilly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people

Please provide specific examples of Bama letting off the gas while the first squad was in there. That's crap. Did you see how pissed Saban and Kiffen were in the second half? Did Bama letup on A&M when it got to be 40 to nothing? You think they are going to somehow treat us different, knowing the history, than a newly arrived SEC team?

I keep hearing this "they let up" crap simply because it fits your narrative.

Reactions: 6 people

Bama didnt let off the gas. Thats just ridiculous. If they could have beat us 59-0 they would have. If you dont believe that, you should give up watching football and try watching tennis or something.

They let off the gas? They were still throwing deep balls in the 4th.

This is exactly what im talking about. You say were looking at no bowl but imo, if we play like we did the second half against Bama, we can win out.

And yes, so far everything is going as planned. The general consensus on the board before the season started was a bowl game would be considered a successful season. Now all the sudden you are upset we aren't beating the top teams in the country. You seriously lack perspective, although im not really surprised given the fact you're a self-admitted hillbilly.

Right on, and if we were beating these top teams they would complain that we didnÂ’t beat them by a bigger margin.

Reactions: 2 people

Exactly - - I love the Vols as much as anyone but we are going to have to be darn lucky to go 3-1 and make a bowl. I'm tired of moral victories. SC, MO, and KY could all be losses..........

Why are most of your posts on here so negative? Every thread that you post in, you seem down in the dumps, Debbie Downer, woe is me

Reactions: 3 people
Watching the replay of our game now on the SECN. We were down 27-0. Its a 10 point game in the 3rd quarter. This is Bama. They've blown us out since 09. They just thumped A&M 59-0. This team fought and played their hearts out, and nearly brought it all the way back. But yet all im seeing on this board is people being negative. Questioning the coaches. Second guessing every decision Butch has made.

Just stop. This team had serious anxiety issues the first quarter. Thats what happens when you play 20+ true freshman. They settled in, and we outscored a VERY superior team in the second half. Where are all the threads giving our guys some damn credit?

I know there are some fans who will not be happy until we start winning against teams like Bama, but I came into this game just wanting to see some progress and improvement, and there was plenty of it.

I have no doubt Butch is going to have us competing for the SEC very soon, and idk about you guys but im F'n excited to finally be on the right track.

This is the football forum that is why the negativity it's what they do.
If you have a booger cut off your nose blowing it isn't good enough. It's not a moral victory I don't believe in those but if you are watching this team and don't see improvement you just want to be miserable. Worley played his but off through the 1st quarter of the season and had 2 bad games when he was hurt. We only remember what helps make our argument.

images

No, they didn't. We adjusted pass coverages on defense and stopped the bleeding. We also developed a running game which opened up our offense. We just dug the hole too deep early on.

Yes we need more wins but the everyone as you say to get behind them are not true fans. They are bandwagon fans like it or not.

This is the football forum that is why the negativity it's what they do.
If you have a booger cut off your nose blowing it isn't good enough. It's not a moral victory I don't believe in those but if you are watching this team and don't see improvement you just want to be miserable. Worley played his but off through the 1st quarter of the season and had 2 bad games when he was hurt. We only remember what helps make our argument.

You serious, Clark? This forum is insanely positive considering how bad this program has been for the last 6 years. In fact there is a clear lack of rational, reasoned critiques of this program/staff, with extreme viewpoints on both sides, but mostly one side.

I do not post a lot of times when I really want too. However, let an old man (67) who has been following the Vols for many years say a few words. I am a pessimist by nature. Wished I wasn't but a fact is a fact. Until tonight I have not had much hope for the future of the Vols. Primarily due to the fact we had not seen much from Peterman and I felt that if Dobbs was any good he would have been playing and getting ready for next year. So, what I have seen from Dobbs tonight makes me believe that we can compete / win everything left on our schedule. Sure, it will be difficult but I do see light at the end of the tunnel . Lots of youth on this team. They will continue to grow and show much progress in just one year. I say 2016 will be the year we really show our improvement. One thing I would like to stress. A dual thread is a mandatory issue for Butch Jone's offense. I see no reason for him to even consider a pure pocket passing qb. Dobbs is the real deal in my opinion. No, he is not a pure passer but he will get you a first down with his legs. Even though I am a pessimist, I really feel the future is bright for my beloved Vols. Go Big Orange !!!

Reactions: 5 people
Bama didnt let off the gas. Thats just ridiculous. If they could have beat us 59-0 they would have. If you dont believe that, you should give up watching football and try watching tennis or something.

LOL but he is a VN guru

So, what I have seen from Dobbs tonight makes me believe that we can compete / win everything left on our schedule.

Okay. I don't think that's an unreasonable expectation IF the coaches put our guys in the position to win. If we don't make a bowl I think Butch is on the hot seat for 2015.

This.

We scored 20 points against a team that was already up by 27 a few minutes into the 2nd quarter. We never got within a touchdown of them. I don't see why so many people are excited by the result. We lost. We weren't ever really that close to winning. Are we really at the point where we're just happy whenever we don't get blown out? Now I know what it felt like to be an Ole Miss fan for the past 4 decades.

VN Store

Back