What the Other Message Boards are Saying: South Carolina (skasper version)

skasper06

Before the season started, I picked us to win this game. If Worley or Dobbs (especially) plays QB, I stick by that prediction. Here is what some of the South Carolina Message Boards are saying.

-While many Cock fans do think this game is winnable with an 8 point spread, several are not very optimistic. Especially if Dobbs plays.

-Definitely some bitterness from last season.

I'm still sour about last years game with them. Hope our players come out wanting to beat the sh*t out those guys

-They admit to having an atrocious defense and for the most part believe our offensive weapons will have a field day.

They have some pretty good weapons. Marquez North, Pig Howard... Jalen Hurd. There is no way their offense is as bad as our defense.

The offensive line for UT has been an abortion, but I can just see Jaylen Hurd running all over us. UT would be wise to use him in some wild cat. Hurd, Pearson, Malone, and North all scare me.

-There is definitely a fear of Dobbs. With their struggling defense, Dobbs (if he plays as good as he did against Bama) is just another component their defense won't be able to handle.

Dobbs is MUCH better than Worley. They were just hoping to redshirt him this year. Tennessee's offense did suck with Worley because he's not the dual threat that this offense is designed for. With Dobbs at QB, Tennessee put up 390 yards against Alabama. Not incredible, but with Worley it's lucky if they got 200. And the rushing game was 6th from the bottom going into the Alabama and Alabama had the #1 rush defense in the country. Thanks to a dual threat at QB rushing and passing, Tennessee had about 200 rushing yards last night, more than Alabama had given up all year.

-There is an entire thread (5 pages) to get people to stop bashing Dylan Thompson. He isn't on the fans' good side right now after the red zone picks he threw vs Auburn.

Thompson crumbles when pressured, he literally cringes when faced w/pressure. He crawls in a hole & hides at the prospect of being hit. Multiple crucial plays when he could have stepped into a throw & delivered, he altered his delivery to avoid a big hit. He choked in situations tonight to make a play, he was scared.

-A Tennessee fan (Ericvol2096) actually started the Tennessee vs South Carolina game thread and even gave a link to the Bama highlights so they could see how Dobbs looks as he is the likely QB they will face. They started asking questions to pick his brain and actually learn about who Tennessee is this year. Thought that was pretty cool.

-With the likelihood of Muschamp getting fired from Florida soon, and Spurrier possibly resigning after the season, there is speculation they could ultimately trade jobs...this doesn't seem to sit well with Gamecock fans.

-Many of them are still optimistic about going 8-4 or 9-3 in the regular season, but admit Tennessee is going to be a tough opponent.

-Overall, it's about 50/50 as to who USCe fans think will win this game. But this guy pretty much sums up what fans of both teams are thinking.

The offense looked completely different (in a good way) against Alabama. New QB capable of running the offense how it was intended to be ran. If Dobbs doesn't turn the ball over much, Tennessee wins.

If you guys see or read anything else, please feel free to add it to the thread.

Reactions: 22 people
Surely as far as South Carloina has come they wouldn't hire Muschamp and set themselves back. I mean I hope they do, but surely they won't.

Reactions: 7 people
I'm just confused. This is literally my exact same format and title format I use every week.

Bro! My bad! I was looking to see who did this thread before to see if it was the same person every week. I honestly thought it was a "hey, we always do this thread so who can do it this week?" thread.

I hadn't seen it yet so my sincere apologies. Please feel free to post yours or have mine merged or deleted or whatever. Don't want to steal your thunder buddy.

Reactions: 17 people
Love these threads. BTW, cock fans are out of their minds if they think Spurrier and Muschamp would switch jobs. Muschamp will have to take a coordinator position before he's offered another HC position, and that might be a long while. He's failed at a program with a rich history of winning with all the resources in the world at his disposal.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back