South Carolina

JohnMcA60

I have a couple of different questions for VN.
1)What do we need to do to win this game (offense and defense)?
2) What is the final score?
3) do you think our offense was a one hit wonder for this game or do you think sustainability is possible with Dobbs?

My Opinion...
1. we keep SC offense off the field
2. 31-17 Vols.
3. I surely think Dobbs being able to move the pocket is huge for our O-line and it could wear on the D-line throughout the game. as they wear down, Hurd and Lane could find some holes..

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
1. Block their D-line, No Turnovers, Win 3rd Down, Limit Penalties, Cover P. Cooper, Shut Down Davis, Win the kicking game
2. Vols 24 USC 20
3. I hope not

My Opinion...
1. we keep SC offense off the field
2. 31-17 Vols.
3. I surely think Dobbs being able to move the pocket is huge for our O-line and it could wear on the D-line throughout the game. as they wear down, Hurd and Layne could find some holes..

Definately a scenario that works to our advantage and a key to winning. But our biggest problem has been sustaining drives and keeping our D off the field to give them rest. We did do a better job in keeping our D off the field, but also part of the time of possession being even was Ala scored a few times very quickly. But obviously nobody is gonna confuse Ala and S.Carol. But our inability to win road games the last few yrs except against a bad UK team last yr makes it hard to feel good about our chances. If the offense plays like they did Sat we definitely have a chance, but if the D plays like they did Sat night and in all our road games then we won't win. Both teams are desperate for a win and need this game badly to help to get closer to being bowl eligible.

Reactions: 1 person
We obviously need this defense to continue playing well, specifically in the run game against sc. I liked what I saw out of Dobbs and the way that it made the offensive line instantly better to have the threat of the quarterback run.

Lastly, the WR's/TE'S need to catch the balls that hit their hands. Dobbs did throw a few balls that were a bit off target but we need to hold on to more of those that are catchable.

If we do that, than we beat usc by two scores.

Turnovers Turnovers Turnovers, as in STOP MAKING THEM!!!! :crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:

We obviously need this defense to continue playing well, specifically in the run game against sc. I liked what I saw out of Dobbs and the way that it made the offensive line instantly better to have the threat of the quarterback run.

Lastly, the WR's/TE'S need to catch the balls that hit their hands. Dobbs did throw a few balls that were a bit off target but we need to hold on to more of those that are catchable.

If we do that, than we beat usc by two scores.

I love our WR Corps but they need to be a bit more athletic. It's aight though because we're only going up!

I think as long as we can expose their weak defense and not throw the game away due to turnovers we'll be fine. It'll be a lot easier road than last game.

Last edited:
With Dobbs starting at QB, we run a similar style offense to A&M and Auburn and we saw how many points they hung on SC's atrocious defense. Our D being better than Auburn and A&M, we have s really good chance at winning in Columbia this Saturday

Reactions: 2 people
With Dobbs starting at QB, we run a similar style offense to A&M and Auburn and we saw how many points they hung on SC's atrocious defense. Our D being better than Auburn and A&M, we have s really good chance at winning in Columbia this Saturday

Please our offense isn't in the same stratosphere as Auburn and A&M. You can't expect us to put up the same numbers as they did

Reading the comment about being better on d than auburn and a&m and actually fully agreeing with it is something i didnt expect this year for sure.

3) do you think our offense was a one hit wonder for this game or do you think sustainability is possible with Dobbs?

1)Stop Davis, control the ball(convert 3rd downs, get 7 when you get to the redzone)

2) Not even gonna touch that

3)Sustainability is possible. Dobbs has much better weapons to utilize. The offense can be run wide open. I still don't think it's the ideal one, but all aspects of it can be utilized. You have a downfield runner in Hurd, short pass and lateral running threats in Pig and Pearson, Dobbs can attack the middle and the outside, two deep threats in Malone and North, two seam/inside the hashes threats in Wolf and Helm(they need to utilize this part of our passing game more.) There's no area that Tennessee can't attack and attack with multiple options now with Dobbs.

1a. Quit dropping passes, O-Line needs to have success against their below average D-Line, make the right reads, take the crowd out of it.
1b. Stop the run, get a turnover or 2, play solid for 2 halves, get 3rd down stops.
2. 38-35 Vols
3. Dobbs can provide sustainability and I don't think USC's defense is very good

VN Store

Back