Coach bashing

1standgoal

Can we lighten up on the negative assaults on CBJ? If you watch his reactions on the sideline, you can tell he wants to win more than anyone. On every negative play, he looks like he's going to explode. His frustration has got to be overwhelming, but I believe things will turn around.

Reactions: 23 people
Rumors in GA yesterday was Michigan was seriously looking at CBJ. Hope they were just rumors.

Present circumstances can't predict past occurrences. No way to tell what anyone would have done in past games if they didn't play. Nothing against Dobbs. He looked pretty good Saturday night. 75 yds. rushing on 19 carries was pretty awesome. It felt good watching him in that game.

Reactions: 2 people
Rumors in GA yesterday was Michigan was seriously looking at CBJ. Hope they were just rumors.

No chance. Michigan will land a big name this time around. And outside of Tenn, not many people know who Butch Jones is. I get asked repeatedly by fans of other teams if CBJ was at Miami or Chapel Hill.

Reactions: 1 person
The team and coaches did a lot to quiet natives yesterday. Butch has said himself it is their job to keep the stadium loud. That concept carries outside of Neyland when the game is done.

Reactions: 1 person
No chance. Michigan will land a big name this time around. And outside of Tenn, not many people know who Butch Jones is. I get asked repeatedly by fans of other teams if CBJ was at Miami or Chapel Hill.

You're kidding yourself if you think the AD of the Univ. of Mich. isn't well aware of who he is. If UT screws the pooch again they will pounce.

Reactions: 2 people
You're kidding yourself if you think the AD of the Univ. of Mich. isn't well aware of who he is. If UT screws the pooch again they will pounce.

Your kidding yourself if you think Michigan has any desire for jones. I like Butch but Michigan isn't going to go the UT route. He is just as unproven now as when we hired him. Michigan will spend money

Reactions: 5 people
Your kidding yourself if you think Michigan has any desire for jones. I like Butch but Michigan isn't going to go the UT route. He is just as unproven now as when we hired him. Michigan will spend money

I would've thought we would too but....? I like Jones though...and I hope he stays for awhile. If we had to go through another coaching change well...I don't even want to think about it.

What would be the difference in hiring Hoke or Jones? They have the same resume. Neither have any kind of championship. UM fans would not settle for Butch?

He's 8-12 overall and 2-8 in the SEC

If he wins out, he would be .500 overall and 6-8 in SEC

That's not getting you hired anywhere except maybe the Cowboys

Reactions: 6 people

What would UT remotely have to do with Michigan "pouncing" on Jones?

What would be the difference in hiring Hoke or Jones? They have the same resume. Neither have any kind of championship. UM fans would not settle for Butch?

Well hoke played for Michigan at a time when the fan base was clamoring that they had to have a Michigan man. Butch did not go to school there.

VN Store

Back