Getting into Neyland....

GO BIG ORANGE

We arrived at our gate at 6:55 and didn't walk through the door until 7:30...... People cutting line, people ready to fight and overall a general mess.

Had the same sort of delay for Utah State....

There has to be a more effective way to handle this.

Reactions: 1 person
What gate?

I went to the UF game and walked right in. Maybe 10 second wait.

That's your first problem. Getting to the stadium 35 minutes before kickoff against arguably Tennessee biggest rival.

Reactions: 11 people
We arrived at our gate at 6:55 and didn't walk through the door until 7:30...... People cutting line, people ready to fight and overall a general mess.

This is why I am in there about 20 minutes after gates open

The barcode scanning has slowed everything down - used to be 5-10 minutes worst case.

Now it is typical to wait 20 min or longer

I agree with the OP - the lines to get to stadium seem much worse this season. Need more entrance gates on the home side.

Neyland is far easier and quicker than most stadiums.

As for your 35 min wait, are you letting everyone pass you? Find another gate?

I bring 2 kids in to every game.... sometimes 3.

I can't go in hours early and try to entertain them. I was at the gate almost 40 minutes before kick-off and couldn't get in. Not to mention the amount of people cutting line was over the top. Pushing and shoving their way in front of people causing numerous "debates" to say the least.

There is....get to the game earlier. :)

Hopefully it will soon be worth the wait.

We've been known to be on campus 6 to 8 hours before kickoff.. Always come early!

I'm on campus setting up the tailgate by 7:00 AM for every game...... I understand the get there early thing but I love taking my kids and it' hard w/ two 8 year olds and a 3 year old to go in too soon.

Just feel there should be an easier/quicker/more efficient way to get in other than the experience I had at Utah State, FL/ and Bama.

I'm on campus setting up the tailgate by 7:00 AM for every game...... I understand the get there early thing but I love taking my kids and it' hard w/ two 8 year olds and a 3 year old to go in too soon.

Just feel there should be an easier/quicker/more efficient way to get in other than the experience I had at Utah State, FL/ and Bama.

That is a handful to keep occupied until kickoff since gates open 2 hours prior..maybe try coming in right before kickoff. Our friends in Vol navy get there always 10im. Before kickoff. Am sure you can work something more efficient out. Where is your tailgate?

Season ticket holder. We hang out at the Vol Walk near Gate 21 every game. Get in line when the players get through, every game. Stand in line 5-10 minutes, every game.

Until the Bama game.

We stood in line 35 minutes because there was one security person for every two ticket scanners. It was a total and complete fail on whoever is responsible for people getting into the stadium. I watched the "security check" person on the far left line at Gate 21 remove the straps from a little old lady's blanket, completely unroll it, and hand it back to her.

Most ridiculous operation I've ever seen in the all the years we've been going to games.

Reactions: 2 people
Unbeliebable! We have a state trooper checking our stuff and he felt the bottom of our bag and my husbands coat pockets in the bag yet people next to us snuck in a flask. Lord forgive someine sneak in bread and water..

Not a problem for students or the times I visited before coming here Ole Miss, LSU, Bama, and Arkansas are much worse

There were additional security measures and extra bag and person searches done for this game and games at other SEC stadiums this week.

I can't get into the reasons why, but I would expect they will be present the rest of the season.

I know it's difficult for people that don't want to come in early, but it is the trade-off for entering at the busiest time. You do not have to enter at the gate printed on your ticket, so if you find a shorter line elsewhere, by all means use it.

I'm going to assume you haven't been to an NFL game lately. Because of the NFL security guidelines, they recommend fans enter no later than an hour before kickoff.

There were additional security measures and extra bag and person searches done for this game and games at other SEC stadiums this week.

I can't get into the reasons why, but I would expect they will be present the rest of the season.

I know it's difficult for people that don't want to come in early, but it is the trade-off for entering at the busiest time. You do not have to enter at the gate printed on your ticket, so if you find a shorter line elsewhere, by all means use it.

I'm going to assume you haven't been to an NFL game lately. Because of the NFL security guidelines, they recommend fans enter no later than an hour before kickoff.

$$$

Yeah, but the issue is that there wasn't extra security personnel. A more thorough check is fine. Just have the personnel in place to do that. UT didn't.

21 was a nightmare. I went in it with friends and it was terrible. My seats are through 10, but I use the first gate I come to with a short line, but 10 is usually a big crowd but goes pretty fast.

Yeah, but the issue is that there wasn't extra security personnel. A more thorough check is fine. Just have the personnel in place to do that. UT didn't.

There were significantly more uniformed officers at the gates assisting with checks than in previous weeks.

VN Store

Back