Are we creating a no win situation for butch?

BeattieFeathers

I suspect Josh will not perform as he did last night and there will be a few bumps in the road the rest if the way, but still think we het six wins. But, suppose we win out with an improving offense? Are people going to be on Butch's arse? Seriously, let's celebrate the possibility of winning eight games and drop the negative energy. I'm sure butch would gladly take the criticism but goodness....lol

Reactions: 2 people
Actually most vol fans were pretty positive today.I think we see how this offence can
work with the right quarterback.Even the o-line looked a better,200 yards rushing yards
against that defence,theres light at the end of the tunnel.

I worry about people getting on Butch's case, but not because of decisions he made in the first 8 games. I really don't think the last 4 games are as easily winnable as some seem to think. In fact, everything has been tough for this team all year, and the attrition of injuries has only made it worse. I have a much bigger fear of another year with no bowl game. Three out of 4 for this team is a big hill to climb. Do I want them to win? Yes. Am I confident they will win? No. I have been a devoted fan for almost 7 decades, and I will always be a fan. After the next loss, there are some others who won't be Butch's fans.

I worry about people getting on Butch's case, but not because of decisions he made in the first 8 games. I really don't think the last 4 games are as easily winnable as some seem to think. In fact, everything has been tough for this team all year, and the attrition of injuries has only made it worse. I have a much bigger fear of another year with no bowl game. Three out of 4 for this team is a big hill to climb. Do I want them to win? Yes. Am I confident they will win? No. I have been a devoted fan for almost 7 decades, and I will always be a fan. After the next loss, there are some others who won't be Butch's fans.

Those fans have no intestinal fortitude. It is obvious we are improving. The wins will come soon enough.

Reactions: 6 people
Winning games will cure all.

For most people at least. Some on here can't handle having their e cred damaged and will b-tch regardless.

Reactions: 1 person
I suspect Josh will not perform as he did last night and there will be a few bumps in the road the rest if the way, but still think we het six wins. But, suppose we win out with an improving offense? Are people going to be on Butch's arse? Seriously, let's celebrate the possibility of winning eight games and drop the negative energy. I'm sure butch would gladly take the criticism but goodness....lol

I don't get that thought process. It's obvious Butch wanted to redshirt Dobbs, but it is now obvious that the injury to Worley forced that scenario being no longer possible. It was the reality of the current situation that impelled Dobbs to play. Therefore, there is nobody to blame really. The situation dictated that the plans be changed.

Dobbs may not play as well as we want in any or all of these games, but it is the success of the offense that dictates the need for him to play. He gave the offense the additional option that made it appear to actual work the way it was supposed to work.

It's not a choice between which QB plays. It's a choice of which QB can more effectively run this offense and give it the best chance of winning games.

When I'm rolling in the floor and throwing pillows and my wife asks me why
put myself though this on Saturdays,i tell her I actually like it.ITS GREAT TO
BE A TENNESSEE VOL.

Whats does that have to do with creating a "no win" situation for Jones?

I suspect that Dobbs will remain the starter but once Worley gets healthy, he will start Worley but play Dobbs alot.
We will need Dobbs to beat Kentucky. THey are a fast paced offense and the offense we run with Worley will not be able to keep pace with Kentucky.

What next loss? I personally don't see us losing again until we play Oklahoma again next year. Is that the loss you are referring to?

What next loss? I personally don't see us losing again until we play Oklahoma again next year. Is that the loss you are referring to?

OK. is going to suck next year. they lose that veteran offensive line.

People are trying to create a no win and doubt Butch... These people question/blaming Butch or losing faith no nothing about football this isn't college basketball you can't win with all freshman and sophomores doesn't happen especially in the SEC

Reactions: 3 people
If we get to six wins and a bowl, and Butch brings in a top recruiting class, I think the fanbase will be almost universally happy and we can look positively to next year.

For a guy making $3 Mill plus....he's in a no lose situation.

This...think about this cbj could be 0 n 9 against the big 3 but will have made 9m in that time frame... Let that sink in.

But he needs to 2016..then he will have made 12m.. N what will his record be????

Dude is making some bank to have a record worse than dools at this point.

6 wins or bust..time to earn his pay. IMO.

no....they will not come soon enough! We have been down way to long

Are you aware of why they've been down as long as they have? It's from the let's change coaches every 3 years. I want to puke every time I hear some UT fan talk about 'what they deserve'. Sorry, but just because you went down to the Walmart and got you some UT gear does'nt mean you 'deserve' anything.

Reactions: 1 person
4-8 = Bad
5-7 = Meh. As personally predicted pre-season
6-6 = Bowl game!
7-5 = Alright!

Let's just let it play out.

Don't make the mistake of believing the relatively few critics of Jones have any control over the program or it's path. In truth most of these folks would find fault regardless of the situation. It is simply the nature of the beast. Pay close attention and you will find very, very few critics have any real clue what is going on in the football program.

Reactions: 3 people
Let's be real, folks. We are more than a touchdown dog to the Cocks. We most likely will be dogs against Mizzou. We will maybe be favored against Kentucky, but only because we are at home. We will be the favorites over Vandy.

Given that, and what we have seen to this point, this team will do well to win 2 of the 4.
3 out of 4 would be an achievement.
A sweep would give reason to break out the Champaign.

However, I would say that the odds of a sweep are the same as us going 0 and 4. It could happen.

Don't worry about the armchair QBs criticizing Butch. He gets 5 years to turn this thing around and there is not a thing these complainers can do but complain. Fortunately,
they don't get to make the hiring and firing decisions based on their hot flashes of the moment and their pitiful little agendas.

VN Store

Back