Big Shout Out To These Guys!

VolPack22

Jessica Alba wears my Daddy hat
Dobbs for the most rushing yards by a QB since 98. Malone for his 1st of hopefully many TDs of his career. And last but not least, AJ "The Beast" Johnson for moving into 3rd place on the career tackles list. I know it was another disappointing loss but there were a lot of positives to take away. If we could find a way to cut down on the turnovers we should win out and have a chance to win a bowl game to give us 8 on the year. I'm pretty sure most would have taken that to start the year. My original prediction was 7 or 8 wins because of the last 4 games and if Dobbs can give us the spark he gave last night, we should have an undefeated November. Go Vols and thank you guys for giving it your all!

P.S. I apologize if I left anyone out.

Reactions: 5 people
We need to win an SEC game first... 3 games will be close Vandy will be a butt kicking and a stadium full of orange. It starts with USCE
this weekend.

8 wins? Counting a bowl yes. Lets just make a bowl and get the extra practice time to develop our freshman.

I must admit volnation took this loss better than any loss this month. Even our attitude is becoming winner like.

Reactions: 1 person
I was proud when Cam knocked that ball loose at the end. The Dooleys would have never fought like that when the game was over. Kiffen was dying to get in the 40's.

The next three we face are absolutely bipolar. Never know which team will show up. I like our chances. GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Dobbs for the most rushing yards by a QB since 98. Malone for his 1st of hopefully many TDs of his career. And last but not least, AJ "The Beast" Johnson for moving into 3rd place on the career tackles list. I know it was another disappointing loss but there were a lot of positives to take away. If we could find a way to cut down on the turnovers we should win out and have a chance to win a bowl game to give us 8 on the year. I'm pretty sure most would have taken that to start the year. My original prediction was 7 or 8 wins because of the last 4 games and if Dobbs can give us the spark he gave last night, we should have an undefeated November. Go Vols and thank you guys for giving it your all!

For some reason, when we miss playing in a bowl game, we only miss it by the slimmest of margins.

2011 - loss to Ky. cost us a bowl game.

2012 - injury to Bray cost us from getting in bowl game. Had Bray played in those games rather than Worley the freshman, we likely would have gotten that one extra win needed to get in.

2013 - O.T. loss to UGA and/or the close loss to Vandy cost us a bowl game last season.

2014 - Yet to be determined but if we miss it, it will be because of turn overs in the close games that we could have won.

We used to have the breaks fall our way but these days the breaks go against us. That has been the difference between winning & losing.

For some reason, when we miss playing in a bowl game, we only miss it by the slimmest of margins.

2011 - loss to Ky. cost us a bowl game.

2012 - injury to Bray cost us from getting in bowl game. Had Bray played in those games rather than Worley the freshman, we likely would have gotten that one extra win needed to get in.

2013 - O.T. loss to UGA and/or the close loss to Vandy cost us a bowl game last season.

2014 - Yet to be determined but if we miss it, it will be because of turn overs in the close games that we could have won.

We used to have the breaks fall our way but these days the breaks go against us. That has been the difference between winning & losing.

Bray was injured in 2011, not 2012 FWIW

How many tackles does A.J. need to be the all time leader?

How many tackles does A.J. need to be the all time leader?

I attempted to look this up and the records are a little confusing. Note, "Defensive totals became official statistics in 1970."

Andy Spiva (73 - '76) had 354 primary tackles and 193 assist tackles for a total of 547.

Greg Jones ('74 - '77) has 269 primary tackles but is not listed for assist tackles?

Earnest Fields ('87 - '91) has 258 primary and 149 assists for a total of 407.

Kelly Ziegler ('83 - '87) has 254 primary tackles but is not listed for assist tackles?

Spiva, Jones, Field and Ziegler are the top 4 "primary" tackle leaders.

AJ has 211 solo tackles and 199 assist tackles for a total of 410. I noticed the stats line for the current players says "solo" and the record page says "primary."

I think it all boils down to AJ IS A BOSS!

I attempted to look this up and the records are a little confusing. Note, "Defensive totals became official statistics in 1970."

Andy Spiva (73 - '76) had 354 primary tackles and 193 assist tackles for a total of 547.

Greg Jones ('74 - '77) has 269 primary tackles but is not listed for assist tackles?

Earnest Fields ('87 - '91) has 258 primary and 149 assists for a total of 407.

Kelly Ziegler ('83 - '87) has 254 primary tackles but is not listed for assist tackles?

Spiva, Jones, Field and Ziegler are the top 4 "primary" tackle leaders.

AJ has 211 solo tackles and 199 assist tackles for a total of 410. I noticed the stats line for the current players says "solo" and the record page says "primary."

I think it all boils down to AJ IS A BOSS!

Here's an excerpt from the UT Media Guide.

Attachments

• 2014-10-27_08.56.32.jpg
    2014-10-27_08.56.32.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 2
Let's see, if UT wins out, that puts us ahead of Mizzou, Kentucky, USCe, Vandy, and possibly Arky in the SEC. So 9th in the SEC?

Obviously, not where the team wants to be, but better than 2nd to last like many of the d**n talking heads predicted back in August.

Here's an excerpt from the UT Media Guide.

Thanks. I pulled info from the link below and I did not pay attention to the way the first section highlighted the three leaders...

2008-teamdefense.pdf

http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/tenn/graphics/football/history/2008-deftotals.pdf

Last edited:
Crazy to think we haven't had a real "dual threat" QB since Tee.

Schaeffer obviously, but we all know how that ended.

VN Store

Back