Why can't we celebrate Dobbs possible emergance

BeattieFeathers

Instead go looking for criticism? Those of us who have been around saw that Tony Robinson was better than Alan Cockrell and TRob would have been a one year starter had Alan not went in the mlb draft. Worley was the better qb until he got injured!

Reactions: 9 people
I think he showed promise. Too early to annoint him the next Peyton. Let's see how he does over the next few games.

Part of the problem with fans, we are too quick to make emotional decisions which leads to much anymosity and dissent. How about being cautiously optimistic?

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
i think Dobbs has the confidence now to be the QB at UT.Just hope the other 10 guys out there have confidence in him as well.

Reactions: 1 person
I think he showed promise. Too early to annoint him the next Peyton. Let's see how he does over the next few games.

Part of the problem with fans, we are too quick to make emotional decisions which leads to much anymosity and dissent. How about being cautiously optimistic?

Problem with this fan base is looking for the next Peyton! There isn't one!

Reactions: 10 people
I think he showed promise. Too early to annoint him the next Peyton. Let's see how he does over the next fee games.

Part of the problem with fans, we are too quick to male emotional decisions which leads to much anymosjty and dissent. How about being cautiously optimistic?

Just do a little search to the threads from a year ago singing his praises after 1 half vs Alabama.

Then look at the threads following Mizzu.

I'm encouraged by what he did last night but he may have just caught the Tahd off guard. We'll know more next week.

Reactions: 3 people
I said this in another post but I will reiterate. Dobbs looked great last night, BUT after he went in against Bama last year the same thing happened that's happening now: he was given the title of "Savior of UT Football."

The harsh truth is that there was very little pressure last night. We were expected to lose, and lose big. The pressure is massive these next 4 games. They are all winnable, and 3 of 4 are must-wins. Last year Dobbs folded under pressure. When it became crunch time and he had to step up to the plate to beat Vandy he choked bad. The next week he was in another low-pressure game against KY and he looked like a world-beater again.

On the other hand it took him 5 games to throw a TD last year and he's already thrown 2 against the best D in the country, so he's much improved. He runs with a purpose now and composes himself well. We'll see, but he's still the 2013 Dobbs to me unless he shows what he can do under a must-win game.

I agree. Lets judge him after a few more gms

Just do a little search to the threads from a year ago singing his praises after 1 half vs Alabama.

Then look at the threads following Mizzu.

I'm encouraged by what he did last night but he may have just caught the Tahd off guard. We'll know more next week.

Yes we have an idiot fan base who doesn't know diddly squat.

Reactions: 6 people
Im celebrating by myself. Too many Debbie downers on here. It really seems like some people will be against Butch no matter what he does or how well anyone plays.

Reactions: 5 people
There's an awful lot of people here who seem to get frantic at the possibility that they aren't right. They state their beliefs (a thousand times over for many), and then when it looks like there's a new reality, they get downright hysterical. E-cred poisoning maybe?

I don't have that problem. Having raised three kids, I learned long ago that I'm never right. Makes it simple. :)

He lead the offense to two more tds than we have score the last two sec games. Still wasnt close to having someone i can have confidence in winning the remaining games. His abilty tonrun opens up the passing game, but he missed a few easy throws last night that we have to get.

Worley played well this year, he improved a lot. I think the pressure & punishment got to him a little. Dobbs played well last night. I noticed that a lot of our players got fired up when they put him in. Dobbs also showed good pocket presence, when Bama would bring that pressure he would step up & make a throw or he would scramble for extra yds. I think Butch should start Dobbs the rest of the year.

Worley played well this year, he improved a lot. I think the pressure & punishment got to him a little. Dobbs played well last night. I noticed that a lot of our players got fired up when they put him in. Dobbs also showed good pocket presence, when Bama would bring that pressure he would step up & make a throw or he would scramble for extra yds. I think Butch should start Dobbs the rest of the year.

He does seem to have a fire about him that's been missing on the O side of the ball.
Walking with a swagger is contagious.

We can celebrate. Just don't lose your head. We saw this last year.

Heck, I was starting to get pumped - until the wild overthrow pick and inaccurate easy passes brought me back to the harsh reality of why Dobbs was demoted to #2, then #3. I've seen this before. So has Butch.

VN Store

Back