The you dont play on the team thread

NEO

Eat at Joe's
There are a lot of posters here who seem to think that if you aren't on the Vols team or a paid coach you have no right to talk about speed or angles etc.

Fact is a lot of us played sports on here and just didn't end up being 6'4 and 230. Just because you aren't a head coach doesn't mean you can't see if they are making good decisions or bad decisions on the field.

The you couldn't do it better comments are dumb.

Reactions: 6 people
There are a lot of posters here who seem to think that if you aren't on the Vols team or a paid coach you have no right to talk about speed or angles etc.

Fact is a lot of us played sports on here and just didn't end up being 6'4 and 230. Just because you aren't a head coach doesn't mean you can't see if they are making good decisions or bad decisions on the field.

Thank you for the humor. this board sure needs some.

Awwww, somebody got their feelings hurt.

Whats really getting old is the "lets go for it on every 4th down" crowd.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

It's only dumb if it's not true.

Reactions: 1 person
One of the fallacies of many posters on this site, OP, is that if you post anything questioning the coaches or their decisions then you are not a true fan. Not sure why.

Reactions: 4 people

No, you don't have the right to talk about angles and speed with the current players.

And as I stated in another thread, until you put on the pads and get pounded by a Top 5 team for 60 minutes, nobody on here has the right to say anything about the players on the field. And the fact is just because you played high school ball doesn't mean dammit when compared to playing against a roster filled with the top COLLEGIATE talent.

So politely keep your comments to yourself or the dog at your feet about the defense not making a tackle.

Reactions: 5 people

While facts are "Just excuses" comments are brilliant.

No, you don't have the right to talk about angles and speed with the current players.

And as I stated in another thread, until you put on the pads and get pounded by a Top 5 team for 60 minutes, nobody on here has the right to say anything about the players on the field. And the fact is just because you played high school ball doesn't mean dammit when compared to playing against a roster filled with the top COLLEGIATE talent.

So politely keep your comments to yourself or the dog at your feet about the defense not making a tackle.

Thank you, excellent post.

Dumb comments on a message board????

I've been here over 3 years; first I've heard of this.

Reactions: 3 people

funny-man-hitting-head-test-strength-hammer-animated-gif-pics.gif

I wonder how much traffic this site would get if everyone who didn't play or coach weren't allowed to post?

I wonder how much traffic this site would get if everyone who didn't play or coach weren't allowed to post?

Who said anything about not being allowed to post? I think people are just saying outsiders looking in have little credibility when it comes to criticizing the team.

Soooo... I understand the point you're trying to make. I will disagree with you on this point. I am a former D1 player and the thing that those who have not been there don't understand is the speed of play and how quickly things close down. I try not to be too critical of those that say ignorant (not dumb or stupid) because there is no way you could understand without being first hand familiar. That being said, I would encourage those of you that find it so easy to be overly critical of the players (and coaches) to embrace the fact that you don't really know and refrain from the comment.

Reactions: 4 people
One of the fallacies of many posters on this site, OP, is that if you post anything questioning the coaches or their decisions then you are not a true fan. Not sure why.

A true fan can criticize things. The part that makes most morons is that they have no idea what is going on other than the 3 hours of the game.

1. Go for it on 4th down.
2. Dobbs is a bust and that is why he is 3rd string.
3. Dobbs is awesome and should have started all year.
4. I don't care if they are 18. They should be able to beat 23 and 24 yr old team every week.
5. The coaches can't coach the OL.

Just a few fyi's.
Rarely do teams go for it in 4th unless they are too far out for a fg or too close to punt.

Maybe Dobbs played over his head or maybe he is that good and was being saved to have a great team a year or 2 down the road.

The talent was way down and it takes several years to build up and get them used to a new system.

Maybe the OL wasn't recruited to play for a traditional pocket passer like Worley.

Glad you're back. :hi:

So are you saying since we havent been president we can't question his actions? Yeah right.....

Reactions: 3 people

I think everyone should voice their opinion. Those that seem to think they should be taken seriously as if they had a clue how to coach a SEC football squad are particularly hilarious and seem to attract the most animosity, and deservedly so I might add. But then again, I was 6'5 and 305 back in the day.:)

A true fan can criticize things. The part that makes most morons is that they have no idea what is going on other than the 3 hours of the game.

1. Go for it on 4th down.
2. Dobbs is a bust and that is why he is 3rd string.
3. Dobbs is awesome and should have started all year.
4. I don't care if they are 18. They should be able to beat 23 and 24 yr old team every week.
5. The coaches can't coach the OL.

Just a few fyi's.
Rarely do teams go for it in 4th unless they are too far out for a fg or too close to punt.

Maybe Dobbs played over his head or maybe he is that good and was being saved to have a great team a year or 2 down the road.

The talent was way down and it takes several years to build up and get them used to a new system.

Maybe the OL wasn't recruited to play for a traditional pocket passer like Worley.

So by this logic, if all the fan can do is watch the game then they are not allowed to have an opinion on coaching, playing, playcalling, or evenofficiating really since we don't see what kind of directions and training the officials get.

So we just have to say something that is neither good or bad. Like, "the team played." "the coaches coached." "They lost" or "they won." "They played well during the game" or "they played bad during the game."

Just making sure this is what you're saying. If not, please enlighten me.

VN Store

Back