Another quote from Butch that's getting old

Batman1948

Gonna fix all the leaks in this place
“We’re still learning how to win. And people don't want to hear that, but it is a process. But I’m really proud of them. They hurt, and they understand.”

He should include himself in that group and "grow a pair" and help the team win. We've seen it all year, playing percentage football instead gambling in scoring situations.

Great example was the play calls at the end of the second quarter when we had a great chance to put seven on the board instead of a field goal.

Reactions: 29 people
“We’re still learning how to win. And people don't want to hear that, but it is a process. But I’m really proud of them. They hurt, and they understand.”

He should include himself in that group and "grow a pair" and help the team win. We've seen it all year, playing percentage football instead gambling in scoring situations.
Great example was the play calls at the end of the second quarter when we had a great chance to put seven on the board instead of a field goal.

And If he would have gone for it on those 4th downs and didn't get it you would still be here calling for his head. What's the difference?

Reactions: 109 people
These threads are getting old.

Butch is resurrecting this program that was left for dead and you're just sitting there complaining about coach speak.

Reactions: 82 people

And you would be on here whining if we went for it and didn't get it. Dumb thread.

Reactions: 25 people

I am glad Butch understands that there is a difference between a real game and the X-box.

Reactions: 31 people

Thanks....Posts such as yours are a reminder of how silly our fan base can be.

Reactions: 23 people

What is getting old is threads like you start. Everyone knew before the season started it was going to be tough. We are the only team in football that had to replace the entire O-line and D-line. Thanks to Dooleys recruiting. Wasn't it 2012 recruiting class that Dooley did not recruit and O-linemen. Guess that's when we lost to Kentucky and Dooley went into hiding.

Reactions: 22 people

Lest we forget, if CBJ doesn't play the percentages last year against South Carolina, when we punted with around 3 minutes left in that game down 2 points, instead of going for it on 4th down. Tn doesn't win that game more than likely. Instead, he played the percentages and punted and our D stopped SC and we won.

During the heat of moment in the game, the initial reaction is to go for it, but having a balanced approach will win you more games over the long haul.

Unless your Les Miles. :)

Reactions: 6 people
I've never called for his head. We had Bama on the ropes there and ran 20 seconds off the clock just to kick a field goal. I'm sure he'll bring us back but the quotes are almost comical.

Reactions: 1 person

Threads like this...smdh

A vocal minority in our fan base need to grow a pair, stop whining and support the team

Reactions: 12 people
Lest we forget, if CBJ doesn't play the percentages last year against South Carolina, when we punted with around 3 minutes left in that game down 2 points, instead of going for it on 4th down. Tn doesn't win that game more than likely. Instead, he played the percentages and punted and our D stopped SC and we won.

During the heat of moment in the game, the initial reaction is to go for it, but having a balanced approach will win you more games over the long haul.

Unless your Les Miles. :)

Shhh we don't want to hear why Xbox is not the same as reality

I disagree. I think him not going for it on 4th and 1 at Ole miss when we had momentum was stupid, but we needed those three points laat night.

What is getting old is threads like you start. Everyone knew before the season started it was going to be tough. We are the only team in football that had to replace the entire O-line and D-line. Thanks to Dooleys recruiting. Wasn't it 2012 recruiting class that Dooley did not recruit and O-linemen. Guess that's when we lost to Kentucky and Dooley went into hiding.

I realize that we lost to Florida & Georgia and both of those games were within our reach; however, we are actually right on schedule.
At the beginning of the season, I thought that we would beat our 3 non conference opponents and then 3 of the last 4 to be eligible for a bowl game. A regional bowl game, such as Music City, Liberty or Peach Bowl.

We won the games that I anticipated that we would win and we lost the games that I anticipated that we would lose.

Good points:

(1) Team has not given up.

(2) Only one game was out of reach in the 4th quarter. Ole MIss was the only blow out game.

(3) Recruiting is good and help is on the way.

(4) This is a destination job for bUTch and not just a stepping stone job.

All will be fine. I still believe that we will qualify for a bowl game. MOst important game on the remaining schedule is Kentucky. Must win that game.

Reactions: 3 people
Ho humm...more of the same tired threads. It is a dang process. The whole mentality has got to change and CBJ saying the same things over and over again is part of ingraining that into people's thought processes.

VN Store

Back