41-0 over SC?

I40flyer

keeping it real
I guess we've finally made it to those "easy to win" last four games. Is it unreasonable to assume we will win by at least 41 points? As we're going into the "can't lose" type games, I guess we need to run those scores up as far as possible, thus putting us in as good a bowl game as possible. Is 41-0 expecting tooooo much?:hi::good!::dance2:

I don't think it will be a complete blowout but if the team shows up I don't see why we don't win handily by at least two scores.

I guess we've finally made it to those "easy to win" last four games. Is it unreasonable to assume we will win by at least 41 points? As we're going into the "can't lose" type games, I guess we need to run those scores up as far as possible, thus putting us in as good a bowl game as possible. Is 41-0 expecting tooooo much?:h::good!::dance2:

Running up the score isn't going to get us in a better or worse bowl game. We aren't at a place where we can assume wins, especially on the road in the SEC. When was our last road SEC win against anybody? Not to mention S.Car has a great offense and still have Spurrier. They easily could have beaten Auburn and SC very easily could be 7-1 instead of 4-4. They blew two late leads against UK and Mizzou and they beat GA. I will take a one point road win against SC. Not sure why so many fans are assuming a win here. We will have to be very lucky to win next Sat Night. Night game at SC isn't exactly ideal. I really see a loss if our secondary plays like they did Sat night. But hopefully we can pressure Thompson and force him into turnovers and bad passes.

Reactions: 4 people
I guess we've finally made it to those "easy to win" last four games. Is it unreasonable to assume we will win by at least 41 points? As we're going into the "can't lose" type games, I guess we need to run those scores up as far as possible, thus putting us in as good a bowl game as possible. Is 41-0 expecting tooooo much?:hi::good!::dance2:

wait...what?

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think it will be a complete blowout but if the team shows up I don't see why we don't win handily by at least two scores.

Yesterday was a bad quarter for the defense. If they play "average" and the offense plays like it did last night only the Kenutcky game should be a close game.

... We know that won't happen but it should be a W. Their D is horrible.

Yea, all of this talk--for two weeks--that we should win out, or could win out, is totally mystifying. Wishful thinking. I mean, do fans here really think we are better than SC or Missouri or Kentucky? If so, based on what? Those teams certainly are a step below bama, ole miss and georgia--but so are we, probably more than one step. We got thumped by ole miss, thumped by bama, beaten by georgia and lost to a mediocre/bad florida team. We will have to play surprisingly well to win any of these games. I'm quite sure all three of those teams are looking at UT and saying, 'win.' I think I'd be happy to win two of them. We'll see.

What makes you think this? When was our last sec road win or even road win in general? This is a Spurrier team and aren't as bad as some think. Outside of a bad loss to A'M they are a few plays away from being 7-1 and in the top ten. We aren't blowing anyone out, especially on the road. S.Car has a very good offense and we have struggled at times on D, especially on the road. We have given up 30+ pts in all 3 of our road games and have scored less than 10 in two of those.

To be fair, most fans are saying this is a winnable game -- not an easy win. It is easier than bama or ole miss but not a guaranteed lock as implied in the OP
The next four games are where the staff earns their pay checks. We are sitting right where 75% of fans and experts expected us to be -- and a legit chance at a bowl

Running up the score isn't going to get us in a better or worse bowl game. We aren't at a place where we can assume wins, especially on the road in the SEC. When was our last road SEC win against anybody? Not to mention S.Car has a great offense and still have Spurrier. They easily could have beaten Auburn and SC very easily could be 7-1 instead of 4-4. They blew two late leads against UK and Mizzou and they beat GA. I will take a one point road win against SC. Not sure why so many fans are assuming a win here. We will have to be very lucky to win next Sat Night. Night game at SC isn't exactly ideal. I really see a loss if our secondary plays like they did Sat night. But hopefully we can pressure Thompson and force him into turnovers and bad passes.

No they are 4-4 for a reason. Their defense is horrible. If our offense can play with passion they played with last night I don't see why we can't score at least 30. Our D-line won't have to worry about Thompson running for first downs and will be able to really put pressure on him.

Yea, all of this talk--for two weeks--that we should win out, or could win out, is totally mystifying. Wishful thinking. I mean, do fans here really think we are better than SC or Missouri or Kentucky? If so, based on what? Those teams certainly are a step below bama, ole miss and georgia--but so are we, probably more than one step. We got thumped by ole miss, thumped by bama, beaten by georgia and lost to a mediocre/bad florida team. We will have to play surprisingly well to win any of these games. I'm quite sure all thre of those teams are looking at UT and saying, 'win.' I think I'd be happy to win two of them. We'll see.

IF IF IF (of course) the offense plays similar to how they did last night then its not ridiculous to say that... SCs D is horrible and Mizzus O is even worse. UK D isn't great but they are more of a complete team.

What makes you think this? When was our last sec road win or even road win in general? This is a Spurrier team and aren't as bad as some think. Outside of a bad loss to A'M they are a few plays away from being 7-1 and in the top ten. We aren't blowing anyone out, especially on the road. S.Car has a very good offense and we have struggled at times on D, especially on the road. We have given up 30+ pts in all 3 of our road games and have scored less than 10 in two of those.

I said it wouldn't be a blowout. And to be fair, every team that we've played on the road thus far are superior to South Carolina.

Yea, all of this talk--for two weeks--that we should win out, or could win out, is totally mystifying. Wishful thinking. I mean, do fans here really think we are better than SC or Missouri or Kentucky? If so, based on what? Those teams certainly are a step below bama, ole miss and georgia--but so are we, probably more than one step. We got thumped by ole miss, thumped by bama, beaten by georgia and lost to a mediocre/bad florida team. We will have to play surprisingly well to win any of these games. I'm quite sure all three of those teams are looking at UT and saying, 'win.' I think I'd be happy to win two of them. We'll see.

Exactly. Not like we have played well on the road this yr or the last few yrs, especially in the SEC. Our only for sure win is probably Vandy and who knows about that one. Qe can definitely win all 4 but also just as easily we could lose atleast 3 of those and 2 are on the road.

No they are 4-4 for a reason. Their defense is horrible. If our offense can play with passion they played with last night I don't see why we can't score at least 30. Our D-line won't have to worry about Thompson running for first downs and will be able to really put pressure on him.

And we are 3-5 for a reason. We have one of the worst offenses in the country. If our offense plays like it did lastnight then yes we could score points on them. But they could score 35+ on us just as easily. And again I will bring up our inability to win on the road of late. Not saying we cant or wont win but for some to think it's gonna be easty and win by 30-40 is absolutely insane.

Georgia who S.Car beat is superior to them?

Yes. I think South Carolina made some plays when they needed to but georgia is still the better team. This is our easiest road game so far and I stand by a two score win. Whether it be 10 14 or anywhere in between.

If you want to play college football math. South Carolina got smoked by a&m who got smoked by Alabama who we just competed with.

I'm just saying they beat a good georgia team, an ok ecu and some cupcakes.

Last edited:
This is why we can't have nice things.

Exactly. I have a renewed sense of positivity after watching Dobbs and the whole offense play better but to just say we are gonna go to SC and blow them out is beyond insane. I would be glad to win by 1. I would love to beat Spurrier by 28+ but no way in hell that happens Sat night at SC. Honestly if anyone could get blown out it could be us if the D plays like they did against GA or Ala

VN Store

Back