3 of 4

CountVolcula

Eternal Vol
That's all we need to become bowl eligible

Dobbs has added a new dimension that defenses have to adjust for. Still don't know why we haven't gone to him earlier, but now that he's here, we need to cut him loose

South Carolina will be tough. Their defense is terrible, but they have the best offense of any SC team under Spurrier. If the D that showed up early in the Bama game appears, this game could be over quick. Even with Dobbs, our offense is not dynamic enough to come back from a substantial deficit

Missouri- Will depend on which team shows up. Their offense is anemic but their defense is good, but not great. We have them at home, so that gives us a slight advantage. Should be close most of the game. We will have to pull it out in the 4th to win and we have been less than stellar in 4th quarters

Kentucky is a toss up. They are playing really good on offense, plus our D will have to contain Jojo Kemp in the wildcat. Thats concerning since we have a history of not defending it well. Another game at home will benefit the team, but they better not sleep on Kentucky. Our offense should score enough to keep up with them if our D falters. This could be the make or break for Bajakian. He lays an egg here, his leash gets shorter

Vandy- there is no way in hell we lose this game. No way. If we do, its because the coaching staff craps their pants. They can't afford to lose this game if another bowl game is on the line. It could be detrimental to Jones' future at UT

JM2¢

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 people
Before seeing Dobbs last night...I could have argued that we would be lucky to win 2 -4 remaining games.

Call me crazy (and it doesn't matter now) but Dobbs starts the Florida game, and we win by a wide margin.

The Florida game yes as we needed another dimension to the offense. The GA game only if he replaced Worley in the 3rd quarter. Worley was playing lights out that game. If would've been hard for Peyton to have played better much less Dobbs.

Dobbs accuracy is still a huge question especially on shorter touch pass throws. I'm encouraged for the last 4 games and think we actually will win all 4 and finish 7-5. I'm not a QB supporter, I just want the guy who gives us the best chance to win. Peterman is obviously no where close to that but Dobbs in certain games and Worley in certain games do.

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

Spotting Bama those early points and playing a guy who hasn't taken a snap all year, UT had no business making this a 2 TD game. Should have been a blowout. Super proud of our team and if the D had shown.up in the 1st quarter youre talking about a FG game. Which tells me this team is very capable of winning out.

I dont see it happening but I do believe they win 3 of 4.

Reactions: 3 people
I think we can win all four. Honestly, we should.

SC - Perfect set-up of last night's Auburn game being a "let's get OBC one last big win" vibe and not being able to finish. Likely going to be somewhat deflated next week. Plus, their defense is hot garbage, Dylan Thompson is a lesser Connor Shaw, load the box to slow Mike Davis, etc.

Missouri - Good God, have you seen Maty Mauk this month? Nick Stephens performances, left and right. If Tennessee can score at all against a good-not-great defense, they win going away. Missouri put up 24 last night on a Vandy defense that gave up 37 to Temple and which nearly dropped games to UMASS and Charleston Southern. Ew.

Kentucky - Yeah, they look better...but, their defense (specifically their rush D) is not good at all, their offense can be very one-dimensional if you take away the Wildcat, and I'm still not yet sold on Mark Stoops as a good/great coach.

Vanderbilt - They are not very good at the football.

Reactions: 8 people

Dobbs has added a new dimension that defenses have to adjust for. Still don't know why we haven't gone to him earlier, but now that he's here, we need to cut him loose

South Carolina will be tough. Their defense is terrible, but they have the best offense of any SC team under Spurrier. If the D that showed up early in the Bama game appears, this game could be over quick. Even with Dobbs, our offense is not dynamic enough to come back from a substantial deficit

Missouri- Will depend on which team shows up. Their offense is anemic but their defense is good, but not great. We have them at home, so that gives us a slight advantage. Should be close most of the game. We will have to pull it out in the 4th to win and we have been less than stellar in 4th quarters

Kentucky is a toss up. They are playing really good on offense, plus our D will have to contain Jojo Kemp in the wildcat. Thats concerning since we have a history of not defending it well. Another game at home will benefit the team, but they better not sleep on Kentucky. Our offense should score enough to keep up with them if our D falters. This could be the make or break for Bajakian. He lays an egg here, his leash gets shorter

Vandy- there is no way in hell we lose this game. No way. If we do, its because the coaching staff craps their pants. They can't afford to lose this game if another bowl game is on the line. It could be detrimental to Jones' future at UT

JM2¢

Looks very similar to last year. Needing 3 to get eligible. But isn't the definition of insanity repeating the same thing over and over expecting different results? I still only see one more win (Vandy).

USCe will be out for revenge after last year. Spurrier has always owned the Vols.

Missouri stomped a mud hole on FL and well we managed 3 field goals with a 4th qtr disappearing act.

Kentucky is a much improved team (which is something I can't say about the Vols) but it is in Knoxville. That used to mean something but now not so much we are now equal opportunity losers. Home away doesn't matter

Finally is this what we have come to? Hoping for 6 wins to get a crap bowl game? We might as well be Cincinnati ....oh wait we are. :thud:

Reactions: 1 person
And you my friend, are the pure definition, of not knowing what you're talking about. Missouri's offense is nothing to be scared of, neither is their defense. South Carolina is nothing compared to last year, their secondary is horrible. Vandy is just horrible. Kentucky, while improved, so are we. We're at home and their defense is suspect.

Speaking of "3 of 4". We won 3 of the 4 quarters against Bama. Take that terrible first quarter away and the game is totally different.

I see 4 wins. No use is not keeping my chin up. I'm polishing up my bowling shoes today. If they have to go back in the closet until next year so be it. I can't change a dmn thing about it.

Call me crazy (and it doesn't matter now) but Dobbs starts the Florida game, and we win by a wide margin.

Okay, I'll call you crazy.

Has anyone forgotten how they felt about Dobbs last year after the Alabama game? It was virtually the same as it is today. And has anyone forgotten how they felt about Dobbs after last year's Vanderbilt game? All off-season, I read "if Worley starts the Vanderbilt game, we win."

Come on. No QB on our roster has shown enough to give any sane person confidence in them performing at a high level from game to game.

Reactions: 2 people
I think we can win all four. Honestly, we should.

SC - Perfect set-up of last night's Auburn game being a "let's get OBC one last big win" vibe and not being able to finish. Likely going to be somewhat deflated next week. Plus, their defense is hot garbage, Dylan Thompson is a lesser Connor Shaw, load the box to slow Mike Davis, etc.

Missouri - Good God, have you seen Maty Mauk this month? Nick Stephens performances, left and right. If Tennessee can score at all against a good-not-great defense, they win going away. Missouri put up 24 last night on a Vandy defense that gave up 37 to Temple and which nearly dropped games to UMASS and Charleston Southern. Ew.

Kentucky - Yeah, they look better...but, their defense (specifically their rush D) is not good at all, their offense can be very one-dimensional if you take away the Wildcat, and I'm still not yet sold on Mark Stoops as a good/great coach.

Vanderbilt - They are not very good at the football.

That's the only part I disagree with you on.

Okay, I'll call you crazy.

Has anyone forgotten how they felt about Dobbs last year after the Alabama game? It was virtually the same as it is today. And has anyone forgotten how they felt about Dobbs after last year's Vanderbilt game? All off-season, I read "if Worley starts the Vanderbilt game, we win."

Come on. No QB on our roster has shown enough to give any sane person confidence in them performing at a high level from game to game.

So true, myself included.

Reactions: 1 person
I think he's good. I loved Rich Brooks, so loving any coach after him is hard. I just don't know if he's going to do much more than get Kentucky to 7/8 wins once every three seasons.

Recruiting wise they went from 40's to mid 20's and that will make a difference if he can keep it up...Even though the average SEC team recruits a top 15 team.

JM2¢

Defense will start preparing for Dobbs running. Baja did not. The played cover 2, halves, two deep all night long. Other teams will bring a safety up to account for Dobbs running the ball. Can he beat teams with his arm? That remains to be seen. He did make some key throws last night. That will determine how many games this team wins down the stretch.

I believe that we have to beat South Carolina on Saturday. Our guys played hard all game long last night. They can not continue to play that way. lose games, and maintain the same intensity with effort. That is a lot to ask of our team. It believe that this game will be a big game psychologically for the team. South Carolina played well last night at Auburn and gave Auburn all that they wanted. You can bet that Spurrier will get his team fired up for this game. Their bowl hopes rest on beating the Vols.

Missouri will be another tough game. We play them at home and their offense has really stunk up the joint. Maty Mauk has played like the worst QB in the SEC this season. Will that trend continue? He is a streaky QB.

Vandy is plain bad.

Kentucky. Kentucky's offense will give our defense a stern test. Patrick Towles is the real deal at QB. He out-dueled Dak Prescott head-to-head yesterday. The UK offense will score points. Can our offense move the ball on them and score points?

Butch had better only be thinking about winning all four games.

He better figure out if the Dobb Goblin is unleashed or if Worley is still his man.

He'd better overrule the 3 to 4 "Bajakian Boneheads" from this point forward too.

Butch has got to win a lot of games from this point forward. The real season is here, and we're going to find out everything we need to know about Butch and Co over the next four games.

Speaking of "3 of 4". We won 3 of the 4 quarters against Bama. Take that terrible first quarter away and the game is totally different.
We lost the game. Don't get caught up in winning quarters and moral victories. It is the final score that matters.. We got the L and Bama got the W.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back