Dobbs has pepped up the Sunshine pump

LakeMaryFLVol

been seen jacked up on testosterone and moonshine
Man... Dobbs clearly peps up the Sunshine pumping even before "hey we might have a chance" Weds. Joshua "T.R." Dobbs will allow us to truly compete and score some points. Now we must win period and win the close ones..GBO!

Dobbs also improved our perception of how well the line played. The threat of him scrambling may have slowed down the pass rush. Can some of you who are experts at evaluating the O-Line please comment on Jackson's and Thomas' replacements.

Reactions: 2 people
The ability for any qb to run and move the pocket will help our o line more than anything. A mobile qb will make any o line look better . Lanes will open up, the pocket will not stay in one spot, more time for receivers to get open, longer time for a qb to make a decision etc. With the type of offense we are running , a mobile dual threat qb is the only answer. Even with a poor o line(ours) it will make them look better. With a good o line we would look good with Dobbs. JMO.........by the way, I think our o line did the best they could considering

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Dobbs also improved our perception of how well the line played. The threat of him scrambling may have slowed down the pass rush. Can some of you who are experts at evaluating the O-Line please comment on Jackson's and Thomas' replacements.

I'm no expert, but they need to keep playing Kendrick at tackle. That's two games in a row where he's made a difference.

Reactions: 1 person
Dobbs gets us to a bowl game. Not so sure we can get there with Worley or Peterman.

As happy as I am with the improved in-game performance after Dobbs took over, I'm still not overly confident that we get 3 more wins. I'm with this team until the end (love the Volunteers), but we've shown too much of a propensity to lay eggs when it counts. Playing well for stretches in a loss doesn't change that. We must show up and win on the field. Only actual results are going to turn this thing around.

I think we CAN do it. Just not sure if we WILL.

Dobbs is the future. I was quite happy with his performance last night.

The question is why wasn't he the past? Why didn't the staff see the playmaking ability and what he can do for the offense by adding another threat early in the year or in Fall camp? Its hard for me not to blame the staff when they put in a guy 8 games into the season that opens up the offense and gives us our highest rushing total of the year, and he's been siting on the sidelines all year while our offense looks putrid.

Well as you can see this style of offense is made for players like Dobbs...It started clickiing like its suppose to...lots of misdirection and confusion to the defense and we actually gained yards last night...Duel threat qb's are what make this kind of offense run...Now the big question is, Why is CBJ recruiting pro style qb's to run this offense?

Does anyone remember how bad he was last year? Looking at this roster of QB's he may be the best of the lot. But I still don't trust him would not be surprised at all that he lays a stinker if he starts vs USCe.

Does anyone remember how bad he was last year? Looking at this roster of QB's he may be the best of the lot. But I still don't trust him would not be surprised at all that he lays a stinker if he starts vs USCe.

If Worley starts, 75% chance we lose, if Peterman starts 100% chance we lose, if Dobbs starts 50% chance.

People forget how bad he looked at times last year. He made plenty of mistakes last night, but he does give us the best chance to win.

He was a true freshman and still showed his ability as a play maker, even against Bama last year. A lot of people forgot how much more dynamic we were with him in and just focus on his turnovers last year which is a mistake imo.

VN Store

Back