You gotta love ESPN.....

1985Vols

Reece Davis ( an Alabama alumnus) just said during the halftime show as he was giving the scores of SEC games. " Alabama ran out to a 27-0 lead on Tennessee and then pulled their foot off the gas before winning 34-20". I was at the game and if. Bama pulled their foot off the gas I must be blind.

Reactions: 7 people
I'm starting to feel like ESPN don't like us??

I saw a Tennessee team out score Bama 20-7 in the final 3 quarters against a Bama team that had their starters in until the very end of the game.

Reactions: 10 people
He watched a different game then I did. UT made good adjustments on defense and they had trouble with Dobbs at times. I wouldn't say they quit.....

Reece Davis ( an Alabama alumnus) just said during the halftime show as he was giving the scores of SEC games. " Alabama ran out to a 27-0 lead on Tennessee and then pulled their foot off the gas before winning 34-20". I was at the game and if. Bama pulled their foot off the gas I must be blind.

No, we punched a hole in the gas tank.

Reactions: 9 people

I hope Reece Davis only gets oranges when he opens up a pack of Starbursts from here on out.

Reactions: 6 people
I saw that too and Mark May did correct him a bit by calling it a comeback. Reece obviously didn't watch the game and just made an assumption. Alabama beat Texas A&M 59-0 last week. That doesn't look like a team that let's off the gas to me.

What a load of garbage. Alabama was more than willing to hang 59 on A&M but decided to take it easy on one of their biggest rivals? Get a clue and give our kids some credit, Bama would have hung 70 on us if they could have.

Reactions: 5 people
It's ESPN, c'mon... you act suprised!? Typical of them to put us down... If we had won they'd be talking about Bama having a let down or something about what they did wrong.... not what UT did right... they suck. Just take it with a grain of salt and move on... its what I do.

Reactions: 1 person

Reese Davis is full of crap!!

I saw a Tennessee team out score Bama 20-7 in the final 3 quarters against a Bama team that had their starters in until the very end of the game.

Me too. I didn't see Coker, Tenpenny and the rest of their backups out there.

UT out played Alabama in the second half. If not for the disastrous first quarter, it could have been a completely different game.

Reactions: 1 person
I watched the entire game on mute. The Replacements are a much better soundtrack to a football game than the nonsensical ramblings of the ESPN staff anyway.

Just win, baby! Winning fixes some of that, but it negates the importance of a broadcaster to make us sound good.

ESPN doesn't report "moral victories"....

As happy as I was to see true fight through the end of the game...it was still a 2 touchdown loss, after a 1st quarter shellacking...and a Program History making performance by Cooper.

Good things took place...but it was still the loss everybody expected.

But, did he mention trailer trash? He's an idiot

Bama hasn't played well on the road and they are lucky MSU and AU are at home. They have at least one more loss coming. Still think Lane was hired to be Saban's fall guy. Anytime they don't play well, fans blame Lane, not almighty Saban. Hmmm, kinda like sounds familiar.

VN Store

Back