Dobbs, Is he our future?

jboyinmiss

Im wondering, what does everyone think of Dobbs being able to continue that momentum into next sat game?

Last edited:
Obviously the offense is a heck of a lot more effective with a true running threat at QB. I never understood many fans need to hold onto the idea of us having a pure pocket passer, other than missing Peyton.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't get paid $3.2M to make these decisions like some do, however, for what it's worth Dobbs is obviously the best QB fit for THIS team.

Reactions: 3 people
If you are going to run zone read you don't need pocket qb. Worley as pocket passer with this line=sacks
Dobbs only had 1 tonight

It's a rerun of last year. He shines in flashes with his poise and running, but the wild throws, interceptions a missed opportunities pile up will have us calling for Worley before long.

He does get moving well when the Oline collapses. Not quite as easy to sack Dobbs.

Reactions: 4 people
He is more effective in this offense that is obvious. I just wished he was more accurate in the passing game!

Are you kidding me? Did you guys watch this game? Did anyone look at the stats? Yes, Dobbs is our only chance of a bowl

Reactions: 1 person
It's a rerun of last year. He shines in flashes with his poise and running, but the wild throws, interceptions a missed opportunities pile up will have us calling for Worley before long.

He does get moving well when the Oline collapses. Not quite as easy to sack Dobbs.
Only two sacks tonight going off yahoo sports recap thing. One was on Peterman.

With the type of offense Butch wants to run, Dobbs has got to be the starting QB from here on out this season. Worley has the experience but he's not the right fit to run this offense. Neither is Peterman.

Definite concern. Pick your poison, I guess.

Well Worley isn't always accurate and cannot escape or even feel pressure. And I have yet to see Nate do much of anything, not being mean just stating fact. Dobbs feels pressure and can run, and while needing to get more consistent on his throws he still can pass pretty good. GO VOLS!!!!

Well Worley isn't always accurate and cannot escape or even feel pressure. And I have yet to see Nate do much of anything, not being mean just stating fact. Dobbs feels pressure and can run, and while needing to get more consistent on his throws he still can pass pretty good. GO VOLS!!!!

I'm not dissing Dobbs. Worley killed us in a couple of games, but was great in others. I'm on board with Dobbs because I think his mobility give us a shot. His passing accuracy can get better.

The biggest issue that I see with Dobbs is that, like Worley, he's got a bit of an odd, stiff-armed throwing motion. Have you noticed? It doesn't look entirely natural and fluid--quite noticeable. Concerns me a bit--and think it may be a reason for accuracy issues, although his accuracy was pretty good overall and there's a lot to like about his game: poised, competitive, runs pretty well.

I would drive my ass to Knoxville and throw every #BrickByBrick through his windows if he even entertained such a thought.

If that happens, let me know and I'll ride with you. I know where we can get a good deal on bricks too.

VN Store

Back