Something to take from tonight (defense discussion merged)

And the fact that Worley may have actually hurt our offensive line. Best game I've seen them play yet.

Reactions: 2 people
Defense did not play well tonight. Glad to see the O playing better, but the D needs to play better to get to 6

Tonight could have been absolutely disastrous, but Dobbs provided the spark we all talked about.

We didn't win the game, but IMO this loss actually gives the team some momentum. I think we can beat South Carolina. They just lost a super tough game to Auburn.

yeah we beat bama 20-7 in the last 3 quarters. if that doesn't give you hope for the next 4 games idk what will.

Lost us the game tonight. Haven't said that since the Dooley days. Must admit, I'm a Dobbs fan after tonight. He made a bad O line look decent.

The first quarter was terrible. They played much better in the second half. They settled in. They'll be fine.

More like dobbs can actually move back there and posses a threat to run in the zone read. Worley has no pocket awareness.

Dobbs' drop back steps aren't as deep as Worley's. Lineman actually had to run into our offensive lineman to get to the qb.

Defense did not play well tonight. Glad to see the O playing better, but the D needs to play better to get to 6

Dobbs is what this offensive scheme needs, without the run threat our line plays on it's heels, the defense knows Worley isn't tucking it and it will open the receivers.

We won the last three quarters, that is a wonderful thing to see as a vol fan! Dooley would have folded, we are just about there, just need to take the next step.

Ps we are sitting at 5-3 with Dobbs starting all season

Last edited:

VN Store

Back