Note to Jones and co

chattavol420

Play aggressively today! We have nothing to lose. When we punt deep in our opponents territory on 4th and short (as we have done multiple times this year) you let your team, opponent, and the entire stadium know you have no confidence in your team. Leave it all out today and let's go for for broke!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
Agree with OP we cant play timid we cant play soft we need to attack every down we have nothing to lose.

Agree with OP we cant play timid we cant play soft we need to attack every down we have nothing to lose.

True but if that leads to turnovers, how many that agree
now will come back and say "What the hel* was that??
Fire the OC!!! " ?

Reactions: 5 people
Do we really favor giving #4 Alabama great field position all night? Someone please tell me how that is going to work.

Reactions: 3 people
Cant wait until we get negative yardage on 4th and short (again...we did last week) so ill quit having to read people *****ing about punting.

Reactions: 3 people
Play aggressively today! We have nothing to lose. When you punt in deep in our opponents territory on 4th and short (as we have done multiple times this year) you let your team, opponent, and the entire stadium know you have no confidence in your team. Leave it all out today and let's go for for broke!

Yeah, lets put the one thing we have going for us (a pretty good defense) at a disadvantage as much as we can. How can anybody in their right mind want us to go for it on 4th and short with this o-line. My goodness weve got some smart fans.

This doesnt tell the whole stadium you have no confidence in your team, it tells everybody in the stadium that you have at least half a brain and you have more confidence in your defense than your offense.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Take calculated risks only. Thought punting the ball last week to play field position given how our defense was playing early in the game was the right call by Jones.

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks for reminding me. Man that play had me fuming....

It was an excellent play call, actually. It was a reverse with an option for a double reverse. The reverse was actually wide open but for whatever reason the guy (already forgot who) gave it up when their defense was already in the backfield on that side of the field. Thats execution, not coaching.

It was an excellent play call, actually. It was a reverse with an option for a double reverse. The reverse was actually wide open but for whatever reason the guy (already forgot who) gave it up when their defense was already in the backfield on that side of the field. Thats execution, not coaching.

I did notice that the first reverse would've been a positive play before he reverse it again. What gets me is I think it was when we only needed a very short gain.

Do we really favor giving #4 Alabama great field position all night? Someone please tell me how that is going to work.

Has some truth.
But we havent minded running extended pass routes that result in ints and sacks that turn to fumbles either.

I guess if your throwing caution to the wind go all in?

I did notice that the first reverse would've been a positive play before he reverse it again. What gets me is I think it was when we only needed a very short gain.

So ......you should only run reverses when you need a lot of yards? Just trying to understand.

It would have been a huge play. Iirc there were inly one or two defensive players on that entire side of the field and there were plenty of blockers.

Has some truth.
But we havent minded running extended pass routes that result in ints and sacks that turn to fumbles either.

I guess if your throwing caution to the wind go all in?

Extended pass routes? Yeah, those 5 yard slants and crossing patterns are taking way too long...seriously

Extended pass routes? Yeah, those 5 yard slants and crossing patterns are taking way too long...seriously

Im talking about the ones where we hold the ball past 2 seconds.

It seriously doesnt take more than 2 to hit a slant. We re not getting sacked on those.

VN Store

Back