20 walk on's and 12 juco transfers

goldenvol

Watching the Kansas st. vs Tejas game and a note flashed at the bottom of the screen stating Kansas st had 20 walk on and 12 juco transfers in the 2 deep.

This is very interesting to me considering how successful Kansas St is. Is their success solely due to coaching ? Is it because they have a few over achievers in key spots ? Are the lineman all juniors and seniors?

I know Butch is playing a lot of young players but Kansas st has a similar situation if based on talent alone.

What are your thoughts volnation?

Watching the Kansas st. vs Tejas game and a note flashed at the bottom of the screen stating Kansas st had 20 walk on and 12 juco transfers in the 2 deep.

This is very interesting to me considering how successful Kansas St is. Is there success solely due to coaching ? Is it because they have a few over achievers in key spots ? Are the lineman all juniors and seniors?

I know Butch is playing a lot of young players but Kansas st has a similar situation if based on talent alone.

1) He's a great coach
2) They play a weaker schedule in a weaker conference

Reactions: 21 people

This is very interesting to me considering how successful Kansas St is. Is their success solely due to coaching ? Is it because they have a few over achievers in key spots ? Are the lineman all juniors and seniors?

1. Snyder is a top ten coach of all time.

2. Signing jucos allows you to take more players because they are only in your program for two years. So you can take 30-35 plays a year and still stay under 85 scholarships.

Reactions: 1 person

Coach Snider has built a reputation on jucos and walk ons. So the ties have got to be extensive in the juco world getting the best talent. He is also one of the best coaches in the nation if not the best. He is one of my favorite coaches in college. They really should be undefeated. Dropped td pass, dropped long pass, and I think 3 missed fgs vs auburn. Kansas st lost by six.

Snider being there forever and always havving a decent program is a a big reason IMO

They had zero traditional and were dead last in all time wins when he first got there. I believe they had also went 3 years without a win.

Has Snyder ever won a national championship?

No. But they were very close to getting to play for a couple ncs. In fact, if they had not lost in big 12 championship we would of played them in 98 instead of fsu. I think they blew a big lead after rb or qb went down with injury.

I told my brother the same thing in the first quarter, then I looked at him later and said "the only difference is Texas has a decent O line.

Lol!
Funny that you say that because I thought earlier if we had their O-Line, we might be decent this year.

I had read on CBS Sportsline that they currently have 58 players that are either walkons or former walkons. It's incredible the success Snyder has had. Great Coach and Great Man.

I had read on CBS Sportsline that they currently have 58 players that are either walkons or former walkons. It's incredible the success Snyder has had. Great Coach and Great Man.

I noticed this Stat also. Does this mean that our schedule is just to hard or that our coaches don't teach as well?

VN Store

Back