fact is

northknoxvol

Senior Member (BFL)
I will always support the Vols no matter what happens.......I will never marry myself to a coach again. Go Vols! Beat Bama!

Reactions: 4 people
Can't call us bandwagon fans now. The bandwagon crashed and infernoed several years ago.

Up in flames. Someone stopped me when I went for my daily walk because he saw me wearing a UT cap. He asked 'Do y'all still play football at UT?' My answer: 'No - haven't in eight years.'

Reactions: 2 people
Up in flames. Someone stopped me when I went for my daily walk because he saw me wearing a UT cap. He asked 'Do y'all still play football at UT?' My answer: 'No - haven't in eight years.'

You should have punched him in the mouth and asked if he is going to enjoy eating dinner through a straw. :good!:

Reactions: 5 people
Fulmer spoiled us. He started winning ASAP when he took over for Majors.
Kiffin took over and started doing a great job of recruiting.
Then when Kiffin left we were in a bad spot and getting used to losing.
Then Dooley stepped in and we started settling for mediocrity

Reactions: 1 person
Ah, Dooley, the gift that keeps on giving!!!!
What a tragedy for the University of Tennessee!

I respect what PF did for the Vols in the 90's and early 00"s...but I think he was slipping a bit and looked befuddled on the sidelines more frequently than not....could have gone a different way but we'll never know. Lots of good coaches (anyone in the leadership profession, really) become less effective over time....key is to know when to bow out gracefully / on your terms and not at someone elses' behest.

Was willing to give DD benefit of the doubt at first...but he frequently looked lost on the sidelines, and the Mizzou game - when he quit w/out trying to win before OT...sealed it for me. Players quitting on him was equally disturbing....but it may have been the culture he developed....willingly or not.

Still willing to see what CBJ is made of....he looks like he knows what is going on and what do do during the games....I really don't think all the necessary pieces are there. OL play should be a little better by now, but the inexperience factor is huge....playing out of your normal position amplifies any weakness and when you're playing several AA on the other side every weekend to boot. Some of the young men just don't look ready yet....but I do applaud them for effort they are giving.

All that aside, I think the competitive spirit the players continue to have throughout the game is 100% coaching. I'll take a group of young warriors who won't quit or lay down any day of the week....there is a corner to be turned, just don't that its that steep.

Come on, man! You know you can't help but love The Butch.

I like him. He's stocking the shelves. My biggest worry is UT is run by a bunch of yokels who would'nt know a good coach if they tripped over one. Let's remember, Charlie had the job before he thankfully went back to Papi John's land. I'm sure our braintrust actually had discussions about a -so overrated John Gruden I dont even know where to begin- to, simply because some of our fans think he's great. Much like they still think Kiffin is great

Is UT run by guys that sit around the Barber Shop all day?

VN Store

Back