Remember when?

Pooods

Neyland set college seating records?

The state was full of people wearing orange all week?

You didn't see FSU, GA, FL...tags all over cars?

Magnetic T's stuck to cars and trucks everywhere?

Coaches smiled after games?

ESPN Gameday was a regular?

When we played late at night on major networks?

When AL, LSU and Auburn were speed bumps?

When you stood proudly beside a Bama fan and laughed?

Recruits with 5 stars all had TN on the list?

Tickets scalped for 10 times face value and you were lucky to get them?

When ranked 10 was a disappointment?

Remember all this?
If you are too young...don't worry you will see it again!!

Go Vols!!!

Reactions: 3 people
Well, like I said in another thread, diehard fans are the only ones around now

Losing football causes apathy and we have seen nothing but losing football 6 out of the last 7 years

Winning cures all

Being ranked 10th wasn't all that bad. The start of the 1997 season, we were ranked 10th and ended up National Champs.

Remember all this?

Go Vols!!!

Yep! I recall! Agree with Count as well, got to start winning for this program to return to PROMINENCE. Go Vols

When Saban takes the Florida job and Kiffin takes over Alabama's, bama fans will be saying the same thing.
That will be the day.

Can't wait to get back to that!

Fulmer's success made me jaded, I have to admit, I was always disappointed when we were ranked 10, 8, 12, 6, etc. at season's end. I wanted a Nat'l Title every year.

Now id be happy with 6-6.

Reactions: 2 people
Can't wait to get back to that!

Fulmer's success made me jaded, I have to admit, I was always disappointed when we were ranked 10, 8, 12, 6, etc. at season's end. I wanted a Nat'l Title every year.

Now id be happy with 6-6.

And take "You can't spell Citrus without UT," as a complement.

Reactions: 2 people
I remember when we had coaches raised in Big Orange Tradition and those men would give their all for the Vols. Then we thought we could do better and now 6 long years later we would take almost any season from the 70's to 2008. Dam how the times they are a changing. Go Big Orange! Beat the bammers! !!!!

It goes in cycles. It's all about getting a system and foundation. Call it coach speak and everyone's tired of it but we haven't gone through the process of installing a solid system since Fulmer left. Bama/Auburn/Ole Miss ect. Have all had very down horrible periods it's just we are in our down period while they're in their up period and as fans it's hard to keep that in check. Texas/USCal/Notre Dame/FSU/Miami/OK all have had very bad down years also since we were consistently good it's all recruiting and coaching cycles.

No one can predict the future but with a stable coaching situation and recruiting top 10 talent 2 or 3 years in a row and getting the guys into the system we will get caught back up in the cycle sooner than later 2014 possibly better than 2013, 2015 SHOULD finally see that progression we've all be drooling for 2016 is the year to break out al la Ole Miss 2014.

I am old enough to remember but now it just seems like a movie I watched years ago.

I now feel really dumb for being so disappointed in seasons like 2002 and 2003. Especially 2003.

This got me thinkin. Was it doolittle at #24 going into the FU game?

#23.

The last time before that we were ranked was #18 before the opening game with UCLA in 2008. So we've been ranked 1 week in roughly the past 6 years.

Remember all this?

Go Vols!!!

I understand that everyone is anxious to win NOW. Hell, it has been 10 years since we were winning on a regular basis.

However; when bUTch says " Brick by Brick", it signifies that it is a process. So, it will take some time to get this turned around.

It could be ALOT worse! At least we have a coach who wants to be here and looks at U.T. as a destination job.

At least, the staff can recruit.

At least, the players have learned to practice the correct way.

At least, the players don't quit during games.

At least, we are ahead of the game in facilities and stadium.

At least, MOST of our losses are not by blow outs. The UGA & Florida games were close losses. Just imagine if we had lost BIG to Florida & UGA. In that scenerio, there would be little hope for a turn around any time soon.

At least we are not running from a difficult schedule. (See Mike Hamilton 2010)

At least bUTch is closing the recruiting border of Tennessee. I know, he is still working to close the Memphis area but the rest of the state is pretty much locked down recruiting wise.

From 1999-2008, so much wasted talent. Every major program upgraded their coaching and the Vols decline began. Zero SEC Championships, played for one and gave the game away with a terrible play call. Waxing poetic about the past when talent overcame coaching , your coaching peers and competent ADs have passed you by, and you have won nothing in 16 years what's the difference. Middle of the pack in the east or bottom in the east, the program needs to be fixed, all three before Butch had a hand in it.

I remember how '76 was such a disappointing season, or was it '77, or '78? Or was it all three?:question:

VN Store

Back