Only UT strong

IluvdoubleD's

Sir Loves
Lady's and gentlemen, we are in for a class three curb stomping this weekend and we all know it's coming. Here we stand like a red headed step child being told to grab our daddy's belt (the one with the rings in it) and drop our drawers. That daddy's name will be Kiffen. Say it out loud. Own it.

Many will wilt and fall. Many will cry out in agony. Only the strong will survive this. I take heart in seeing the bottom myself. This is what it looks like when a top tier program bottoms out. we are on our way up come monday. We will look different, be different from our experience, but that's what growing up looks like. That's what has to happen.

For those that stay I salute you. I salute the ones with the strength to endure. It will not be easy. Lets not yell and scream at each other this weekend, lets not lash out at each other. Let us stand tall and unified and take our whipping together. They cannot take our pride. Eat, drink, be merry and appreciate your life. It will be a day of remembrance and a day of reflecting. A day of growing up and turning a corner. As I stated in another thread, it is the bottom of the parabola, and that's a good thing. Monday will be another day.

Reactions: 21 people
That was inspirational OP.

BvZ4lorCEAEFrGn.jpg

Reactions: 11 people
Lady's and gentlemen, we are in for a class three curb stomping this weekend and we all know it's coming. Here we stand like a red headed step child being told to grab our daddy's belt (the one with the rings in it) and drop our drawers. That daddy's name will be Kiffen. Say it out loud. Own it.

Many will wilt and fall. Many will cry out in agony. Only the strong will survive this. I take heart in seeing the bottom myself. This is what it looks like when a top tier program bottoms out. we are on our way up come monday. We will look different, be different from our experience, but that's what growing up looks like. That's what has to happen.

For those that stay I salute you. I salute the ones with the strength to endure. It will not be easy. Lets not yell and scream at each other this weekend, lets not lash out at each other. Let us stand tall and unified and take our whipping together. They cannot take our pride. Eat, drink, be merry and appreciate your life. It will be a day of remembrance and a day of reflecting. A day of growing up and turning a corner. As I stated in another thread, it is the bottom of the parabola, and that's a good thing. Monday will be another day.

Unfortunately tomorrow is just a "Take it in stride" kind of day. Hoping that the fans stay classy, have fun and cheer on the Vols regardless of score. GBO! :thumbsup:

Reactions: 3 people
Dude seriously, get a hobby. Worst case senario is Tennessee loses and you still have a family, house, and job (hopefully). It's gonna be alright.

Great Post! We are on our way up. It may not seem like it, but we are.
FWIW, Bama has never lost like a champion. They never give credit to the other team. If we lose, which seems probable, we will lose like Champions/respectable programs do. It will sting..but Bama and SEC knows whats coming. It's just not an overnight matter. Like you said...Lets stand together, ride this out. GBO!

Reactions: 4 people
Its gonna be hard, but we gotta stay and see it through.... that is why we need to silence kiffin and not act like fools.... this will only add fuel to Saban and the team to hang a hundo on us.... stay classy knoxville, he's not worth our breath...

Reactions: 5 people
Dude seriously, get a hobby. Worst case senario is Tennessee loses and you still have a family, house, and job (hopefully). It's gonna be alright.

My entire family lives dead center of Alabama. I will be getting it as hard as anybody from my younger brother...my YOUNGER brother. It will be a difficult day.

Reactions: 2 people
Great Post! We are on our way up. It may not seem like it, but we are.
FWIW, Bama has never lost like a champion. They never give credit to the other team. If we lose, which seems probable, we will lose like Champions/respectable programs do. It will sting..but Bama and SEC knows whats coming. It's just not an overnight matter. Like you said...Lets stand together, ride this out. GBO!

exactly my feelings. Be UT. (no matter how much i want to see his hair on fyar).

Reactions: 1 person

Just a guess, but I think that was a post for those who will fill these boards in a complete meltdown this weekend, if we lose.

I think the op will be fine... and maybe
intoxicated.:thumbsup:

I don't see the original post as being that negative. Win, lose or draw it is going to be a battle out there and our kids will have their back to the wall. No one expects them to win and most don't even expect them to compete but I think they will fight if nothing else and be a better team for it come Monday like OP said

Reactions: 5 people
Its gonna be hard, but we gotta stay and see it through.... that is why we need to silence kiffin and not act like fools.... this will only add fuel to Saban and the team to hang a hundo on us.... stay classy knoxville, he's not worth our breath...

Amen to that.

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah I so understand...lived there 16 years. Alabama football is sacred to them.

TN earned the Volunteer name. The bravest of men. We are the birthplace of country - The home of Elvis - The most beaUTiful mountains in the world.
They have been #1 in football many times.
A tangible sense of true pride.
I almost admire their appreciation of the glory they have achieved...
Then they open their big fat mouths and I say
screw'em...let's take fb from them also.
GBO!!!

Last edited:
I will be there with my wife in our checkerboard overalls orange tennessee shirts sitting in section n. We will be rooting for our Vols and hopeing for the best. We live close to the Tn/bammer line where Johnny n Phil grew up... so you are darn right we will back the vols win loose or draw.

I will be there with my wife in our checkerboard overalls orange tennessee shirts sitting in section n. We will be rooting for our Vols and hopeing for the best. We live close to the Tn/bammer line where Johnny n Phil grew up... so you are darn right we will back the vols win loose or draw.

I'm a yankee up north now but I paid to watch this game all the way till the end. Thanks for being at the stadium...give 'em hell man.

i expect us to win, but hey i ain't a realist.... on the flip side this losing keeps seeming like its getting more tolerable by everyone in the program, even though butch says otherwise, i am just hoping we at least win 5 games at this point but our offensive staff doesn't care about not going 4-8 for the first time in history and leaving ohio state the only team not too but i sure do!! go vols beat bama!!!

That was inspirational OP.

BvZ4lorCEAEFrGn.jpg

The ghost of General Neyland will be there tomorrow night! Never say die, overcome, improvise, adapt! Batten down the hatches and let's burn some mattresses in honor of Kiffin's return!

GO VOLS!!!!
:rock:

VN Store

Back