If Dobbs redshirt gets burned this weekend...

If Dobbs redshirt gets burned this weekend?

• Total voters

Other_Guy

foolishFool
Yes I know I recently already posted about Dobbs. But I began thinking. (Keep ib mind this is IF Worley can't go or plays bad and needs pulling)
Its not Butch SHOULD save Dobbs so we can have another year with him, nor is it Butch SHOULD burn it because he's not the future anyway with QB(s) coming in.
The question is why isn't he?
Lets think about this. If Dobbs SHOULD be tthe guy to start and lead the team he would be expected to start over Petey. Why? Because this is BIGGER THAN ONE GUY. Dobbs may be awesome the next 2 years. He may be awesome tomorrow.
But this team needs a bowl for recruiting purposes. Making a bowl is huge if we want help for next season. Why on earth would you save a guy when it could mean missinga bowl and taking a hit in recruiting?
I hope botg get a chance to prove themselves if the call is made. But as of right now I trully believe the staff feela he is tge 3rd best option right now. RIGHT NOW anyway. Go Vols I hope one of them steps up!

You play whoever gives you the best shot to win can't think about next week or next year.
Just take it one game at a time. I will be there win or lose given my all for the kids out there in orange playing their butts off.

Reactions: 1 person
If Dobbs is the best option to help this team win then he needs to burn the redshirt, because the 2 year clock starts on Jones next year. A bowl game would go a long way in taking some of the pressure off of him for next season. That clock could be a 1 year clock if 3-9 or 4-8 happens this year.

You know what ....the season is history......play Peterman or play Worley hurt. It does not make a difference at this point. I would play Worley hurt. If he gets hurt it does not matter. He is a senior and he is not going to the pros anyway.

I always laugh when people act like the world is ending because of burning a redshirt. Redshirting is for good teams that have quality and depth. That ain't us.

Reactions: 4 people
You know what ....the season is history......play Peterman or play Worley hurt. It does not make a difference at this point. I would play Worley hurt. If he gets hurt it does not matter. He is a senior and he is not going to the pros anyway.

Nice job looking out for the player's welfare. It's rumored that he has a torn labrum. You really wanna just run him out there?

Reactions: 2 people
Nice job looking out for the player's welfare. It's rumored that he has a torn labrum. You really wanna just run him out there?

Just rub some Ben-Gay on it. :no:

I see zero benefit in red shirting Dobbs. Butch is bringing in better, stronger players every year. From the reports I have read both Peterman and Dobbs will see action tomorrow.

Remember when people freaked out over Dooley burning Worley's redshirt as if we were losing a year of eligibility for Brett Favre? People always think the guys we have are the greatest and nobody else will ever be able to play the position.

I always laugh when people act like the world is ending because of burning a redshirt. Redshirting is for good teams that have quality and depth. That ain't us.

You play who you think gives you the best chance to win. Period.

Yep.

Worley hasn't played well and has a low ceiling even when he has. Healthy, hes probably still the best option in Nov.

If he's not, (which appears to be the case) you have to go with the next best option which is probably your guy next year as well.

From some accounts it appears that RS Dobbs was the plan going back to before the season started. That worked as long as Worley was healthy and serviceable. Thats changed now.

Worley is likely done for the year if it's a torn labrum. So burn the red shirt and figure out who is the man going forward. Peterman has been better in practices but this gives an opportunity to both players to prove themselves in game.

Worley is likely done for the year if it's a torn labrum. So burn the red shirt and figure out who is the man going forward. Peterman has been better in practices but this gives an opportunity to both players to prove themselves in game.

Yeah, Peterman is apparently a practice superstar like Crompton was. As we've all seen, he's different in live action. I would give Peterman the start since he is the #2 QB, but hopefully they don't hesitate pulling him as soon as he shows the first signs of meltdown mode.

So we hurt Worley even more because a ball game is worth a young mans health?

Turbo_Hank_Hill_propane_Derp.jpg

I know plans can come apart quickly. Butch planned to RS Dobbs but he has reached a point where he needs wins to keep recruits interested and a chance for a bowl. Worley can't go. The poor guy tried hard but he is done, beat up mentally, spiritually, and bodily.
Burn Dobbs' RS now. There really is no choice. :no:

GO VOLS!

Kinda like the Titans but a little worse. Imo Worley doesnt even start because the injury is worse than reported...

Dobbs and Peterman need prep for next year...A year on the bench does Dobbs zero good. With what we have coming in he would be an advantage.

Reshirting this year has no value, unless he cannot cut it ever. peterman and ball security big question mark.

VN Store

Back