Apparently (squatting 600 pounds)

Roustabout

Squatting 600 pounds doesn't mean a lot. Remember how we were told how significant that was by Butch.
Two of the strongest Olinemen don't even play. I think Jones would like to have some of Dooley's weaklings back now.

Reactions: 2 people
Kerbyson definitely has the talent to be a productive guard at this level. If Crowder doesn't then why is Weisman riding pine? He has a much higher ceiling.

Reactions: 1 person
Kerbyson definitely has the talent to be a productive guard at this level. If Crowder doesn't then why is Weisman riding pine? He has a much higher ceiling.

Crowder can not handle a true nose tackle...He is roller skates and the pocket is pushed right back to the QB

Reactions: 3 people
Squatting 600 pounds doesn't mean a lot. Remember how we were told how significant that was by Butch.
Two of the strongest Olinemen don't even play. I think Jones would like to have some of Dooley's weaklings back now.

I am not a conspiracy theorist and I know Butch is playing whoever he thinks is best but the level of suck doesn't match anything coming out of last fall or this springs talks. Remember this kick ass D line has been matched against them that same time frame.

Weisman especially nothing but praise for that guy previously. It's damn odd.

Weisman especially nothing but praise for that guy previously. It's damn odd.

It's all massive amounts of spin. He may buy enough time to turn things around, but I swear Butch has been more salesman since the day he got here.

Reactions: 7 people
Would make more sense if being strong was the only requirement to playing Oline. We have some lack of talent too. Our tackles are not athletic, have to be able to move those feet. Ours wear cinder blocks.

So are you all saying that Butch is redshirting the best so they will have more time to get ready and all come together next year and next with a grown up class and a better developed QB?

I think it is more redshirt vs. are they strong enough and being freshman in a complicated gap oriented offense is tough to pick up.

All of this frustration and negative talk would basically evaporate if we'd beaten Florida. I'm afraid that loss will carry over to the rest of the season and perhaps into next year.

The 2001 loss in the SECCG to LSU carried over for years......

Reactions: 8 people
Would make more sense if being strong was the only requirement to playing Oline. We have some lack of talent too. Our tackles are not athletic, have to be able to move those feet. Ours wear cinder blocks.
Assuming that a head coach knows how to evaluate talent. Do you think he figured this out before signing 32 and failing to meet Online needs?

Raulerson looks small. CT was a center and is rushed in at tackle ahead of more experienced and natural tackles. Kendrick is a tackle and was a pretty agile b-ball player as well. I know he has gotten a lot of praise from Mahoney and he looked capable when he came inot the Ole Miss game. Sanders dad has been on here and states he is a tackle (at least as I recall), but we've only seen him at guard.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
All of this frustration and negative talk would basically evaporate if we'd beaten Florida. I'm afraid that loss will carry over to the rest of the season and perhaps into next year.

I agree with this. Totally. Still the line scenarios now do not match talk previous. It can be hard to understand.

It looks like the middle of the line is not strong enough, and gets pushed back easily. Then the qb takes a drop, and can't step up in the pocket. Then our tackles are too slow to keep the defensive ends from running around them to get to the qb, who is deep, making it a straight shot for the ends. Then, here comes the sack.

That is for sure! Looks like they have velcro on the soles of their feet.

So are you all saying that Butch is redshirting the best so they will have more time to get ready and all come together next year and next with a grown up class and a better developed QB?

Other than Blair and Raulerson, who is he redshirting.
Answer: no one.

How does a loss carry over to the next year, and why doesn't a win? USCjr last year for example?

I agree with you. At the beginning of the year I didn't have Florida down as a W. It didn't take long after watching them in their previous games that things have changed and this was a very winnable game for Tennessee. I think that is what has everyone upset, if you can't beat them when they are down when are you going to beat them?

The good news is this, beat USC, Mizzou, Vandy and Kentucky and that bad taste leaves. We are at a bowl game, recruiting is good and we feel a lot better.

Yeah squatting 600 pounds doesn't mean a lot...

Video tape your attempt..

I'm just curious..

if a kid has trouble playing Tackle.. because he's "out of position" how would he ever be able to play Guard?

Maybe I am missing something, but if you're having trouble blocking, you won't magically do better one position to the left or right.. you'll still have trouble blocking.

They often block the same people depending on where the DT or LB lines up.

I'm just curious..

if a kid has trouble playing Tackle.. because he's "out of position" how would he ever be able to play Guard?

Maybe I am missing something, but if you're having trouble blocking, you won't magically do better one position to the left or right.. you'll still have trouble blocking.

They often block the same people depending on where the DT or LB lines up.

Need more lateral quickness and better footwork to play tackle than guard.

Generally speaking need to be better with your hands and balance as well at tackle over guard.

Think about the DE's and all the moves they employ trying to get to the QB playing off the edge. Also DE's are gonna be much faster than DT's so where do you need the quicker offensive lineman?

VN Store

Back