Escapabiltity

Aerie Vol

I know we don't have Shameis Winston or Georgia's Defensive Back, er...I mean Auburn's QB, but....

I've noticed a glaring deficiency Worley has which our backups may be able to exploit. Routinely, and I mean every other down or so, the inability of our O-line to block has led to defensive breakdowns in containment. Go back and watch the film: on 4-man rushes and often on blitz packages, the DE makes a speed rush to the outside. Our RT tends to play an outside-in technique, so a massive (truck-sized) hole opens up for the QB to sprint through up and to the right.

Now, we want our QB in the pocket, well protected, making passes down field to our WR's, but we just don't have that luxury. This hole I'm talking about will result in a 4 yard gain and a slide (hopefully) or a hit on the QB, but it's better than a sack. Worley lacks the speed or even escapability to exploit this hole. Peterman and Dobbs both have the ability to take advantage, occasionally for a bigger gain.

If nothing else, the threat will keep the defense "honest."

AV

i've said before, we need to bring in Cromp-daddy from Canada and show these boys how to roll out and make time for our WRs to hit their routes and slam it home!

Reactions: 1 person
i've said before, we need to bring in Cromp-daddy from Canada and show these boys how to roll out and make time for our WRs to hit their routes and slam it home!

Good idea but Cromp-daddy is doing fine where he is. Couldn't we just use Dobbs and still roll out of the pocket? :whistling:

GO VOLS!

I like em with a little bounce to them but not so much that they can escape.

VN Store

Back