Game Plan vs. Bama

golfballs

Mostly Peaceful Poster
What do you think we'll see? What do you think we should see?

With Sims' relatively poor completion % on the road, can we load the box, focus on Yeldon and Henry and make Sims beat us with his arm? Defensively I'm not too worried.

On offense, we need a fully effective Jalen Hurd. We've seen what happens when you try to put it on Worley's shoulders to carry the team. The O-Line isn't good, but I'd rather have them run blocking than in pass-protection.

I think we need to learn from Arkansas, and run the ball and the clock. It will give our defense more time to rest and they'll be able to keep it close. That way, we'll may only be a couple plays - or some Bama mistakes - from making this interesting.

Unfortunately, I don't have much confidence that we'll see an offense much different than last week and it will be on our D to keep us in the game.

Reactions: 1 person

With Sims' relatively poor completion % on the road, can we load the box, focus on Yeldon and Henry and make Sims beat us with his arm? Defensively I'm not too worried.

On offense, we need a fully effective Jalen Hurd. We've seen what happens when you try to put it on Worley's shoulders to carry the team. The O-Line isn't good, but I'd rather have them run blocking than in pass-protection.

I think we need to learn from Arkansas, and run the ball and the clock. It will give our defense more time to rest and they'll be able to keep it close. That way, we'll may only be a couple plays - or some Bama mistakes - from making this interesting.

Unfortunately, I don't have much confidence that we'll see an offense much different than last week and it will be on our D to keep us in the game.

Well the offense won't be on Worley's shoulders. Will be on Peterman and Dobbs. Will be curious to how different the offense looks tomor night now. Definitely more QB runs.

I think this is not a good situation with Worley most likely missing this game and most if not the rest of the season unless Peterman or Dobbs come in and play lights and something clicks with the OL finally, especially the right side; we will get handled.

The defense should keep it close for a quarter or a little more if the crowd stays in the game maybe longer than usual.

What I hope to see? I hope to see Neyland Stadium welcome back Kiffin not by laser pointers and throwing things or yelling obscenities. I hope to see the crowd give his offense a record amount of noise to deal with every time the offense approaches the line of scrimmage for all 4 quarters a la Cal 06 (the loudest I have personally ever heard Neyland I think).

Run the ball
Short quick hitting routes (when we do throw)
Punt
Play defense

Rinse
Repeat

Here is the Official Game Plan brought to you by Catbone.

Have our players with the flu sneeze on Bama's players.

"Accidentally" run into lane kiffin on the sideline.

Ensure there is a stretcher following whoever our QB is on the field at all times.

Don't look at the scoreboard. It will get ugly fast, but keep playing hard.

Most importantly, avoid injuries.

Game plan - try not to get any starters hurt because we need them for the games that we have a chance at winning.

game plan should be to rest the starters and regroup for the winnable games down the stretch and reach a bowl.

Reactions: 2 people
If Worley is out one of the other qb's will run more which will help the run game a bit. Hopefully, this will spark our offense, rest the defense, and this game isn't a blowout everybody is expecting.

Don't snap the ball with 20 seconds left on the play clock, that crap adds up over the course of the game.

quick slants..our QB runs out of trouble..thats about it.

I think if we can have the QB run enough to save his life we might disrupt Bama. I doubt they game plan at all for a mobile QB.

Well, back to drinking!

It would be helpful to have a healthy Lane to augment Hurd, not sure if Scott or Pickett are up to the task.

Is it not sad that we think this? Was just on another site and a poster said the same thing over there.

Sad but true. We can't move the ball offensively against SEC opponents = Bama destroying us.

Why risk injury to key players who will make the difference down the stretch.

In my opinion, the season defining game is next week against SC. If we can get through Bama without injury and our morale isn't toast, we can salvage a winning season and bowl next week.

Last edited:
Shorten the game and try to play keep away on offense. Hurd or whoever is healthy enough to run the ball and end up with 50+ rushing attempts collectively.

This is what I would do but the staff is too stubborn to do it IMO.

I think we need to learn from Arkansas, and run the ball and the clock.

Arkansas did not run the ball effectively against Alabama. Bama held them to, by far, their season low. The Hogs did an excellent job of throwing, particularly on third down.

VN Store

Back