DL play both ways more effective?

madbamahater

Since everyone plays both ways in high school this means our defensive linemen have experience playing OL.

Can they be more effective playing both ways for us the rest of the year?

Completely different roles, IMO. I also question the notion that all DL, or even most of our DL, played both ways in high school. They may have in practice but meaningful game reps?

That said anything is worth a shot at the moment, considering we're staring a guaranteed loss in the face.

Fantastic Idea, lots of WR's played QB in High school...lets start one over Peterman and Dbbs, PROBLEMS SOLVED!!!

I would love to say that we have a magic fix for the Oline problems but we just don't have a game ready tackle on this team currently. We have a lot of guys playing out of position, without experience, add to that we have no depth and some nagging injuries that are keeping us from 100%. I think if we can get in an elite OT this cycle and Blair actually develops we will be much better off next year.

I think if the staff thought someone could be converted they would have already like they did with Jashon.

I think our posters are in desperation mode right now. There just simply is no answer to our issues because we don't have any talent at the tackle position.

Yeah, I think you're probably right. It's just hard to believe that a college program can be this bad at such a key position.

Since everyone plays both ways in high school this means our defensive linemen have experience playing OL.

They are already exhausted from being on the field too long due to a lack of depth and poor play from our offense. I don't think that would work.

I believe 5 cardboard cutouts of the 85 Sugar Bowl O-line will be very effective.

These posts are becoming very tedious. There have only been a handful of successful transitions from one side of the line to the other. Charles McRea from the 80's comes to mind, but his move was from a so-so DT to an all american RT during the offseason. I don't remember even one lineman playing both ways since I have been watching UT football. Not only would those in the backfield get killed; I believe the linemen would hurt each other trying to figure out which way to go. We don't need a viral GIF of two or more of our linemen blocking each other ala Florida.

Gets more laughable. It is fun to open some threads. Thanks.

They are already exhausted from being on the field too long due to a lack of depth and poor play from our offense. I don't think that would work.

They basically play all of the snaps anyway so they would only be playing like 12-15 extra snaps. Because the offense goes 3 and out so often or immediately turns it over so they defense is on the field non stop.....

VN Store

Back