Volunteers needed

vollygirl

GO VOLS!!!
Staff member
For a lot of us, one more work day then this work week is done. For those of you who work nights and weekends, my hat's off to you! I've worked 7 day swing shifts, and 12hr swing shifts that included weekends, and it sucks so bad! Makes it hard to enjoy football with everybody else. But you do what you gotta do, right?

Saturday we let bama into the house.

It doesn't feel good this year, of course. We're still not where we need to be, but we're getting there. They don't seem to be where they want to be either, but I've already said I think they're already on the way down. (Plenty of fans don't agree with me on that, and that's cool.)

Saturday is about our Tennessee Volunteers. It's about these kids who decided they wanted to go to school at The University of Tennessee and play football here. It's about the kids who wanted to wear orange and white, and play in front of 102,455 fans on Saturdays. Y'all made that happen for them.

I am proud to be a Tennessee fan. I am proud to support these kids who will be on the field Saturday. And I will sing Rocky Top all night long! And I hope you will too.

Go Vols!!!

Reactions: 39 people
Well said, Volly! TWO of us cheering the Vols Saturday, along with you & many other BIG ORANGE fans!:rock:

Reactions: 2 people
Currently on night shift in North Dakota. I get off Saturday morning and I will immediately drive to Fort Collins,CO and stay up for 28 hours to watch UT beat Bama. Might have to take a power nap at halftime.

Reactions: 6 people
As usual taking game Fridays off, driving 6 hrs, eat at Market Square Friday night, Littons Saturday Lunch then game time. Only 2 Home games after this one, the season flies by each year....

Reactions: 1 person
For a lot of us, one more work day then this work week is done. For those of you who work nights and weekends, my hat's off to you! I've worked 7 day swing shifts, and 12hr swing shifts that included weekends, and it sucks so bad! Makes it hard to enjoy football with everybody else. But you do what you gotta do, right?

It doesn't feel good this year, of course. We're still not where we need to be, but we're getting there. They don't seem to be where they want to be either, but I've already said I think they're already on the way down. (Plenty of fans don't agree with me on that, and that's cool.)

Saturday is about our Tennessee Volunteers. It's about these kids who decided they wanted to go to school at The University of Tennessee and play football here. It's about the kids who wanted to wear orange and white, and play in front of 102,455 fans on Saturdays. Y'all made that happen for them.

I am proud to be a Tennessee fan. I am proud to support these kids who will be on the field Saturday. And I will sing Rocky Top all night long! And I hope you will too.

Go Vols!!!

All of us "Candy Ass" Vol fans are on board for Saturdays, It's Sundays through Wed. that we want to fire the coaches.

Go Vols!!!

You're a nice lady.

Gotta work this Saturday, but I will get off in time to get home and turn on the wide screen and enjoy the game. I hope those of you in attendance get to watch a huge upset. GO BIG ORANGE BEAT BAMA!

I am negative most of the time, I admit this freely, but never doubt my passion for the one true Orange. I have witnessed our rise from obscurity to the national championship. I have suffered through losing streaks to the red team to the south before. I know the feeling of looking at the schedule and realistically thinking we could go undefeated. I know what it feels like to honestly expect to win every game.
The past few years have taken their toll on me. God bless all of you who have the faith despite it all.
Go
Big
Damned
Orange!

Go Vols!!!

I Love this lady! I'm ready to Go! All my Erwin (TN) Wake, Durham people unite!

Last edited:
I feel the pain OP, going to school full time (at a votech college) then going to work 8 hours a night takes it out of ya, but we gotta do it!
Haven't missed watching a game or feeding my family, raising my son with respect for everything ideal , including showing support for my beloved Volunteers!
Go Big Orange !
BEATBAMA14!

I feel the pain OP, going to school full time (at a votech college) then going to work 8 hours a night takes it out of ya, but we gotta do it!
Haven't missed watching a game or feeding my family, raising my son with respect for everything ideal , including showing support for my beloved Volunteers!
Go Big Orange !
BEATBAMA14!
I got a lot of respect for people like you

I am negative most of the time, I admit this freely, but never doubt my passion for the one true Orange. I have witnessed our rise from obscurity to the national championship. I have suffered through losing streaks to the red team to the south before. I know the feeling of looking at the schedule and realistically thinking we could go undefeated. I know what it feels like to honestly expect to win every game.
The past few years have taken their toll on me. God bless all of you who have the faith despite it all.
Go
Big
Damned
Orange!
Praise the score!

Great Post Vollygirl. Living here in Alabama this has been a rough week for me. The Bamers are full blown confident this week against our vols. i would love nothing more than to be able to walk in Monday morning and be smiling from ear to ear. I am proudly wearing my orange today at work and my POWER T proudly announcing where my heart lies.

GO VOLS FLush the Tide

No better place to play a football game than Neyland Stadium. Gonna be a beautiful fall day in East Tennessee.

GO VOLS!!!!!

5 of us made the 4 hour drive last night and will give our all for Tennessee tonight! Go Big Orange! No quit in this bunch of Vols...I know our team will not quit either. Love their fight...just hope it's enough to make it a good game to keep the crowd in it.

Whether you're at the game, at your house, at a friend's, at a bar.....where you are doesn't matter. You can feel it, scream it, do it! Players give a lot more than we do, but we can cheer for these kids no matter where we are!

And if you're close enough and won't risk jail, slap a bama fan today. :)

Reactions: 2 people
No quit here! I promise my bunch won't leave until the end no matter what the score is. It is an awesome day for football and an even better day to be a VOL!!!!!

It's time to FLUSH the crimson tUrd.

roll tUrd roll,
around the bowl and down the hole,
roll tUrd roll

It's ALWAYS great to be a Tennessee Vols fan!!!

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!!!!!!

VN Store

Back