Don't overreact based of Saturday's results

Ericvol2096

Quiz'N'Vol
Heed my words: Do not overreact over how things go on Saturday night.

If Dobbs ends up getting in the game or even starting, don't bail on him or bash him if he struggles.

The fact of the matter is MOST QB's wouldn't do well behind this patch work OL right now against the defensive competition we've been facing.

When you watch the game Saturday focus on the positives you see.

Watch the WR talent on display and see how they fare against a talented secondary. Know that we have even more 5* talent coming in and lose nothing out of the current contributors at this position.

Enjoy watching our two new great TE's and imagine how well they will develop the next three years.

Watch how hard Hurd runs, watch his speed, burst and vision that he has when he has those few openings to run through. Imagine what he will do when this OL matures another year and is opening holes for him to gash.

See how hard this OL is trying see the fight they have. See a guy like Gilliam fighting back and playing on a TORN ACL for us the fans.

Also watch the QB a know that while it will get rough Dobbs is only a So. and remember how bad Worley look against SC in 2011 and how far he has come with multiple staffs and no OL this year.

Finally watch the Defense and the improvement they've made. We have a MLB who gave up a lot of money to play one more season or US. Enjoy our very talented and young entire rest of the defense. Sutton, Barnett, Reaves Maybin, the list goes on and on.

This program is a couple years away from where we all want it. Did the Florida loss hurt? HELL YES. Was it a game we could and should have won? YES. But remember EVERY coach in America lose some games they shouldn't. It just looks worse sandwiched around a lot of other close losses to MUCH better teams than we are.

We return 39 of our top 44 in our two deep next year. We are bringing in studs all across the board again to find more impact freshman. We have the top JUCO RB to go with Hurd and Scott. Another 5*WR. 3 4* OL's, Blair will be ready next year. 2 4* QB's to develop behind Dobbs and NP for two years.

The D is going to be adding two 5* DT's...the list goes on and on.

This program will turn the corner back towards relevancy next year and beyond, that I am certain.

THE ONLY THING that can derail that is if our fanbase turns on TEAM 118 and Butch Jones and his staff.

Stay patient my friends, the come up is coming and it will be glorious.

We will be able to look opposing fans in the face and know we have beat them and will be able to sing Rocky Top in victory over SEC Teams again soon.

The past 10 years have been rough

Bama... 101 - 25
LSU... 101 - 26
Fla... 90 - 34
UGA... 90 - 36
Auburn.. 84 - 38
UT... 60 - 59

We have been a .500 program since 2005. You feel the frustration of those 10 years, but you can NOT put that frustration on Butch Jones and Team 118. They are only 1 and half years of that and you can not turn around a failing program overnight.

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 32 people
If Dobbs plays and he sucks it up the response on Monday will be full blown meltdown. They will be screaming about how we need to play Peterman.

Reactions: 1 person
Why would we over react to beating a top 5 bama team? I did just read worley is starting Saturday also.think it was SDS report that said he was playing.

Meltdown happens every week. As fans somehow we get over the last loss and by mid week we think just maybe things will improve and Maybe just maybe we could pull off an upset. They play for 60 min right? And the game has not even started yet Right? Well then when Sat gets here we suck it up on offense cant move the ball the D tires out, and that's all she wrote. Then VN melts down again and the cycle starts over again. Thats just how it is nothing is gonna change until we win week in and week out. IMO

If Dobbs ends up getting in the game or even starting, don't bail on him or bash him if he struggles.

The fact of the matter is MOST QB's wouldn't do well behind this patch work OL right now against the defensive competition we've been facing.

Watch the WR talent on display and see how they fare against a talented secondary. Know that we have even more 5* talent coming in and lose nothing out of the current contributors at this position.

Enjoy watching our two new great TE's and imagine how well they will develop the next three years.

Watch how hard Hurd runs, watch his speed, burst and vision that he has when he has those few openings to run through. Imagine what he will do when this OL matures another year and is opening holes for him to gash.

See how hard this OL is trying see the fight they have. See a guy like Gilliam fighting back and playing on a TORN ACL for us the fans.

Also watch the QB a know that while it will get rough Dobbs is only a So. and remember how bad Worley look against SC in 2011 and how far he has come with multiple staffs and no OL this year.

Finally watch the Defense and the improvement they've made. We have a MLB who gave up a lot of money to play one more season or US. Enjoy our very talented and young entire rest of the defense. Sutton, Barnett, Reaves Maybin, the list goes on and on.

This program is a couple years away from where we all want it. Did the Florida loss hurt? HELL YES. Was it a game we could and should have won? YES. But remember EVERY coach in America lose some games they shouldn't. It just looks worse sandwiched around a lot of other close losses to MUCH better teams than we are.

We return 39 of our top 44 in our two deep next year. We are bringing in studs all across the board again to find more impact freshman. We have the top JUCO RB to go with Hurd and Scott. Another 5*WR. 3 4* OL's, Blair will be ready next year. 2 4* QB's to develop behind Dobbs and NP for two years.

This program will turn the corner back towards relevancy next year and beyond, that I am certain.

THE ONLY THING that can derail that is if our fanbase turns on TEAM 118 and Butch Jones and his staff.

We will be able to look opposing fans in the face and know we have beat them and will be able to sing Rocky Top in victory over SEC Teams again soon.

Bama... 101 - 25
LSU... 101 - 26
Fla... 90 - 34
UGA... 90 - 36
Auburn.. 84 - 38
UT... 60 - 59

We have been a .500 program since 2005. You feel the frustration of those 10 years, but you can NOT put that frustration on Butch Jones and Team 118. They are only 1 and half years of that and you can not turn around a failing program overnight.

GO VOLS!

Please DO NOT try to be our Daddy & Mommy on here. We have opinions and you have yours. I may not agree with you and that is ok!!! Every individual has a right to think and say what they want. ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!

Reactions: 2 people

Bama... 101 - 25
LSU... 101 - 26
Fla... 90 - 34
UGA... 90 - 36
Auburn.. 84 - 38
UT... 60 - 59

GO VOLS!

So how should we react when we win?

So you're saying we should wait till next year? Ahh the sacred Vol mantra, WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR, in October no less.

I'm just hoping they're relevant again in my lifetime at this point.

Reactions: 4 people
I don't think Dobbs sees the field except from the sidelines. Peterman is going in if Worley is hurt.

I don't think people will have a meltdown. Most people on this board know the team we have and don't have any aspirations to this being a great team. This team is a scrappy bunch who will not go easily into defeat. They will play hard every down and give their all for Tennessee on Saturday.

I just think the whole wait till next year can get redundant after a while. As long as progress is being made, our fans will stay true to this team. No preaching is needed.

Reactions: 3 people
sWiS2.gif

Reactions: 5 people
Good Lord enough with the excuses and waiting until next year. This staff has sucked this year and if they suck again against Bama everyone is going to turn on them.

Reactions: 4 people
I don't think Dobbs sees the field except from the sidelines. Peterman is going in if Worley is hurt.

I don't think people will have a meltdown. Most people on this board know the team we have and don't have any aspirations to this being a great team. This team is a scrappy bunch who will not go easily into defeat. They will play hard every down and give their all for Tennessee on Saturday.

I just think the whole wait till next year can get redundant after a while. As long as progress is being made, our fans will stay true to this team. No preaching is needed.

I agree but the op and others on VN are now preaching we r two yrs away from having a good team... What does that mean?? Good as in sec champions or winning 6..

If he doesn't make a bowl game then yr 3 will be hot from a fans standpoint.. 4 losing season n a row n this staff lays an egg against fla ga n bama next yr..... N limps to 6 or 7 wins in yr 3..

The OL has stank so far. The coaching has not looked good. Guys are playing out of position and look physically overwhelmed even by FCS opponents.

Not sure what Bama could do that hasn't already been done because of the OL. The expectations are already so low that I'm not sure what other than an unexpectedly competitive game could cause an overreaction.

IMHO based on reading or watching pretty much everything I could find that's been published about this team for the last several years... I believe that Peterman plays if Worley will be out for a game or maybe two. If Worley is done for the season then I think Dobbs will start... either immediately or after NP falters.

I agree but the op and others on VN are now preaching we r two yrs away from having a good team... What does that mean?? Good as in sec champions or winning 6..

If he doesn't make a bowl game then yr 3 will be hot from a fans standpoint.. 4 losing season n a row n this staff lays an egg against fla ga n bama next yr..... N limps to 6 or 7 wins in yr 3..

I thought the whole idea behind the " Brick by Brick" quote was that it would take time but little by little the team would be built.

So, that implies that we should be patient and build it correctly.

(1) Teach the team to practice the correct way.

(2) Teach the team to play the correct way.

(3) Demand more effort in the weight room.

(4) Recruit to add more depth to the team.

(5) Recruit impact players who can start immediately.

(6) Win games.......

Reactions: 1 person
What happened to "Wez gonna whip dez Azz"?

Go Team 118! Make THIS week your signature win for the year!

Reactions: 3 people
The OL has stank so far. The coaching has not looked good. Guys are playing out of position and look physically overwhelmed even by FCS opponents.

Not sure what Bama could do that hasn't already been done because of the OL. The expectations are already so low that I'm not sure what other than an unexpectedly competitive game could cause an overreaction.

LOL....Oh c'mon SJT you know you are chompin' at the bit to launch your next version of "attack the coaching staff."

We are all gonna react based on our emotions at the time. If something good happens I would expect members to discuss it. If something bad happens I expect members to discuss it. If something stupid happens I expect members to discuss it. Its really how a forum works. Good reactions, bad ones, stupid ones, and so on.

Not sure why we have these threads all the time.

VN Store

Back