Blake Sims home/road splits

govols120

15-0
Home: 69.2% completion rate, 11 TDs, INT, 12.2 yards per attempt
Road/neutral: 63.5% completion rate, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 7.5 yards per attempt

I'm sure it's already been posted, but this is a much different offense on the road. Food for thought, I guess.

I'm sure it's already been posted, but this is a much different offense on the road. Food for thought, I guess.

:popcorn:

We have a good defense. We need to keep the pressure up on him.

Yes it is obvious without the QB Stats that Bama is not the same team on the road.

(See Arkansas 13 / Bama 14 at Arky and Bama 59 / TAM 0 at home)

Hopefully, our defense can play well and keep it close to make it interesting. But without special teams and/or the defense scoring ... I don't know how we get any points on the board.

a-chance.gif

Reactions: 2 people

Anybody wanna bet that he doesn't suddenly get those "road woes" ironed out this weekend in Neyland and quickly becomes a Heisman candidate? ........ No? .......Me neither.

It's not a coincidence that Bama's two road games came against the two of the three best rushing defenses they've faced all year. When Bama couldn't run the ball, it threw everything in the offense off.

They key for Tennessee won't be shutting down Sims or Cooper. It will be stopping the run.

It's not a coincidence that Bama's two road games came against the two of the three best rushing defenses they've faced all year. When Bama couldn't run the ball, it threw everything in the offense off.

They key for Tennessee won't be shutting down Sims or Cooper. It will be stopping the run.

in other news, the sky is blue

I wouldn't spend a whole lot of time evaluating stats,tendencies,home vs away, yada yada....these two programs are miles apart right now. I expect Saturday's performance to illustrate this. I'm not a Nega Vol...I'm a "realistic" die hard fan...and because of that you won't find me blowing up Volnation with rants and negativity after the game. We'll get there...but I'm more concerned with the remaining schedule at this point. Go Vols!

I wish that was the only key. For UT to have a chance the defense must play very well for sure, but the key is getting defensive points if and when Simms might throw some INT's. Our offense can't put many points on the board against a very good defense, so for any hope of an upset I believe bama has to have a ton of turnovers while we have zero. Praying for a reversal of the 1990 game. GBO!!!

How inflated are those home numbers from that game against UF?

Also I'd argue their away schedule being better/more difficult than their home games so far.

And UT somehow finding the ability to run the ball itself...and pass block...and get clearance to use Indy cars on the field.

Tennessee they say there's no chance, kiffen left in the middle of the night then came Mr orange pants but its not over, butch has put the fight back we won't just roll over, so everyone say what you will but come Saturday its kill or be killed a fight to the death, I hope its so loud bama can't catch their breath, and the walls close in, your in a big orange ocean bama but you can't swim and kiffens play book looks so small, he looks at aj and he's ten feet tall he's all over the place a 100,000 people that wanna punch kiff in the face but no one will till the clock striks 0 and sabens filling Ill and he chasen kiffen down and form tackles him and throws him to the ground to the sound of the cheer, rockytop plays and people shed tears the wait is over 7 long years the tide get rolled over

Last edited:
Tennessee they say there's no chance, kiffen left in the middle of the night then came Mr orange pants but its not over, butch has put the fight back we won't just roll over, so everyone say what you will but come Saturday its kill or be killed a fight to the death, I hope its so loud bama can't catch their breath, and the walls close in, your in a big orange ocean bama but you can't swim and kiffens play book looks so small, he looks at aj and he's ten feet tall he's all over the place a 100,000 people that wanna punch kiff in the face but no one will till the clock striks 0 and sabens filling Ill and he chasen kiffen down and form tackles him and throws him to the ground to the sound of the cheer, rockytop plays and people shed tears the wait is over 7 long years the tide get rolled over
Hemingway is jealous of this wordsmithing.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back