Just a question:

The Tall Gguy

Bucket of Lightbulbs
I wonder if anyone is actually enjoying watching the Vols play anymore?

I love the Vols, support the players and Butch, but it is just not enjoyable/fun to watch.

I look forward to football season from Jan-Aug and am sue I will when this season is over.

I knew this would be a rough year and tempered my expectations accordingly.

I just don't enjoy watching the Vols play this year. This is the first year I have felt this way.

Am I alone or does anyone else feel this way?

Reactions: 4 people
I may get disappointed in the play and the outcome, but I love watching my team. Nothing better on TV than college football for entertainment, and nothing greater than watching my vols.

Reactions: 2 people
I have been disappointed in our team since about 2001, but this is the first year that I have felt this way. Just asking if anyone else feels this way. I still watch the games, because, as I mentioned, I support the team...just not enjoyable.

Reactions: 1 person
Very few games I've really, REALLY enjoyed since 2007:

- 2009 Georgia (attended)
- 2009 USCe
- 2011 Cincy (sorry Butch)
- 2012 NC State (attended)
- 2013 Georgia (pre-overtime)
- 2013 USCe (second half only)

But I keep tuning in regardless. Glutton for punishment. I've been depressed over the holidays since 2008, my wife blames it on Tennessee football.

Still love being a Tennessee Volunteer though. If we ever get back it will have been worth it.

I actually enjoyed watching last year--and even the year our defense gave up 700 yds to Troy.

I agree that it will be worth it when we are competitive.

I love the Vols, support the players and Butch, but it is just not enjoyable/fun to watch.

I look forward to football season from Jan-Aug and am sue I will when this season is over.

I just don't enjoy watching the Vols play this year. This is the first year I have felt this way.

If you cant get excited by watching the improved speed and quickness on defense then yeah you might be alone....granted...its been tough watching our offense but hopefully I understand why we're struggling so bad right now...

I have been disappointed in our team since about 2001, but this is the first year that I have felt this way. Just asking if anyone else feels this way. I still watch the games, because, as I mentioned, I support the team...just not enjoyable.

I don't really enjoy watching the offense. Most games there are a few nice plays or reasons to get excited but overall the offense is not enjoyable. Same thing over and over with the same results for most part.

It used to be a feeling more akin to settling in and watching them go to work moving the ball and now I am half expecting something disastrous to happen with each possession.

That describes it better...the defense is enjoyable to watch. The offense is just what it is. Hopefully better next year.

I have no choice other than to be at every home game. It's in my blood, a part of my DNA, a love for Orange that is ingrained in every fiber of my being. Do I always enjoy it? No (insert lewd flurdah chant here). But it's what we do as Tennessee fans. I watch because the tradition was handed down to me just as I'm handing it down to my son. Things aren't great right now but in the over half century of attending Vols games I know that this too shall pass. Watch the Vol Walk, go to the game, high five somebody you don't know just because they are wearing Orange. It's getting better. Maybe not this Saturday, but soon.

Reactions: 8 people
I'll never not watch, listen, or support my Vols. I haven't always liked the outcome, but there's nothing better than sitting in Neyland(when I can) or watching the Vols play.

I think it all depends upon your level of interest. If you simply watch and follow the Vols for the entertainment value then I'm sure it is very frustrating lately. I see nothing wrong with following for purely the entertainment value, by the way. If however you are interested in the "meat and potatoes" of football and enjoy watching players develop in the highly competitive world of SEC football then you can always find something interesting to focus upon.

It also helps if your family would disown you if you didn't truly support the VOLS!:good!:

Last edited:

I assume you don't have children and suggest that you not. Watching them grow isn't all rainbows and lollipops either, but you stick with them until they mature into something you can be really proud of.

I watch the games to see the players improve.

I watch the games in hopes of seeing a killer play, such as an out of this world catch by a receiver or tight end. A long run by one of the running backs. A fumble recovery for a T.D. or an interception for a T.D. or a special teams play that is exciting, such as a return.

My expectations were not tempered. I felt that if we were injury free, for the most part, that we would quallify for a bowl game at 6 - 6. In fact, we have lost each and every game that I circled for us to lose. Now, we need to get a win at 3 of the last 4 games. USC, Missouri, Vandy and Ky.

Once we qualify for a bowl game, it will likely be a regional game. Music City Bowl, Liberyt Bowl or Peach Bowl and we will travel well.

Once we qualify for a bowl game, the "EE" will participate in the bowl practices, just like Bray did when he arrived on campus.

Once we play in the bowl game, this will give us momentum going in to next season.

To me, we are right on schedule to going to a bowl game this season.

Yes, we did let 2 winnable games slip away from us and we are taking the long and difficult path to getting a bowl game this season, but we will still arrive just as planned.

You're not alone, but you're now firmly in the Negavol minority that exists here on VN. The rest of us will continue to pack Neyland Stadium to capacity and for those who can't make it, watch on TV. Watching the Vols play has never been and will never be boring or un-fulfilling in any way. If you're a true Vol, you love watching your team no matter what.

#VFL

This offense reminds me of when Bray was injured in 2011. You knew when the other team got to 14 points it was over.

Am i, in a way, dreading Saturday? Yeah but I still get excited when kickoff approaches cuz I love football and I love my Vols. There's ALWAYS a chance and I watch until the final kneeldown!

There is nobody that hates to watch our team get beat more than I and for the past few years it seemed there was going to be no end to being a poor team. That has changed now, I know we have a way to go to hold our own but it's going to happen. These guys play hard and never give up, and if our OL was able to support our offensive efforts we would really turn heads. From where we have come we are fortunate that the OL is the only really deficient area we have to deal with now. That and the overall depth. The defense alone is enough to keep me watching they sure do play hard.

I can't help but watch it. Alum and Letter winner. It's brutal, painful, and horrific to watch. It's like visiting an oral surgeon who schedules a bus crash during your tooth extraction.

Also, glutton for punishment.

VN Store

Back