A crazy Bama scenario with thoughts on leadership

Eddie Vol Halen

Senior Life Champion
I really get the feeling that the coaching staff are going to rest Worley against Bama this week. I think they will say he is slightly injured, not going to risk him etc. I think we can all agree he's been battered and bruised this season. Rest Worley in hopes of pulling out three more wins that could be achieved.

But what if Peterman is somewhere between his Florida and his Chattanooga effectiveness? What if get a defensive or special teams score? What if the Bama offense runs into our defense and has their road woes they've had all year. What if it is a close game at halftime???

If you're Butch, do you throw Worley back in there to try to win the game in the second half?

It's a double-edged sword. You absolutely HAVE to win the game. If you come just short, the decision NOT to play Worley will haunt you forever. If you get Worley hurt, again, haunt you forever. But if you WIN, glory forever.

What would Butch do??

You don't HAVE to win the game. Although it would do wonders for morale, it's not a necessity going forward in this season. We will still have much better opportunities to get our 4th-6th wins. If you're not going to play Worley, don't. Would be disastrous to start Peterman or Dobbs and then put Worley in, and then he gets injured very badly. IMO, whoever he starts (if not Worley), he should stick with the entire game, no matter how ugly it gets--and it likely will get really ugly.

I believe Worley will start and play the whole game.I think butch is telling us dobbs is
ready if need be.Remember,if sims goes down bama is very beatable,coker has not
shown anything.

If TN beats BAMA then we'll be sealed for 7 wins IMO

I think that if Worleybird doesn't start that, if it gets dire, throw him in.

The reason being that, since Peterman and Dobbs have better legs, it might throw Bama off to have a pocket QB randomly play

Guys! Alabama will stomp a mud hole in our backside on Saturday! It doesn't matter who is quarterback. I am a vol fan through and through but I can't even imagine it being close!

I really get the feeling that the coaching staff are going to rest Worley against Bama this week. I think they will say he is slightly injured, not going to risk him etc. I think we can all agree he's been battered and bruised this season. Rest Worley in hopes of pulling out three more wins that could be achieved.

But what if Peterman is somewhere between his Florida and his Chattanooga effectiveness? What if get a defensive or special teams score? What if the Bama offense runs into our defense and has their road woes they've had all year. What if it is a close game at halftime???

If you're Butch, do you throw Worley back in there to try to win the game in the second half?

It's a double-edged sword. You absolutely HAVE to win the game. If you come just short, the decision NOT to play Worley will haunt you forever. If you get Worley hurt, again, haunt you forever. But if you WIN, glory forever.

What would Butch do??

I would not play Dobbs in a game that we are likely to lose and then forfeit his red shirt season.
"O Bama" has more depth. Less freshmen starting. etc. etc.

Play Peterman and if Peterman gets hurt, re insert Worley, but plan on playing Peterman all game.

I am not opposed to sitting Worley if he is not 100%. Our chances to win this game are less than 5% whether he plays or not. Our chances to win our last 4 games with Worley are 50% or greater. If he does play at less than 100% vs! Bama, it could be the end of his season with 1 hit.

The reason being that, since Peterman and Dobbs have better legs, it might throw Bama off to have a pocket QB randomly play

If we beat Bama we win 8. If we are able to find our offense enough to overcome that Bama defense then SC, Mizzou, KY, and Vandy don't have a snowball's chance in hell of stopping us.

If we beat Bama we win 8. If we are able to find our offense enough to overcome that Bama defense then SC, Mizzou, KY, and Vandy don't have a snowball's chance in hell of stopping us.

Nope, I think Spurrier may be looking to get back at Butch for the Upset last year

Why is anybody talking about "winning this game"? The only noteworthy thing about the game is that Kiffin will be back in Neyland.

Reactions: 1 person

What would Butch do??

If you say he is hurt and out nobody knows the truth. Secondly, if Peterman put you in that position, why take him out? Because obviously if we are close with Bama at the half he is doing something right.

you don't have to win the game?? Are you imbred??? it's bama yes you have to win the game and want to win the game. wow, how far we have sunk people think we don't have to beat bama....

you don't have to win the game?? Are you imbred??? it's bama yes you have to win the game and want to win the game. wow, how far we have sunk people think we don't have to beat bama....

I don't think you understand what "have" means. If we lose this game there are no negative consequences to Butch's 4 year plan. A win would be amazing, but we don't "have" to win. On the other hand, Butch "has" to get to a bowl game this year. Another losing season will put him on the hot seat next year and may start to affect attendance and recruiting.

If we beat Bama, we'll win out.

"Resting" Worley when he is able to play is really just conceding defeat. I would be shocked if this happened.

It's not a matter of being able to play but play at a high level. If they feel one of the other guys that are healthy gives us a better chance than a less than 100% Worley then why wouldn't they go with Peterman or Dobbs. Jones has to think of what is best for the team and what is best for the long term health of Justin Worley.

It's not a matter of being able to play but play at a high level. If they feel one of the other guys that are healthy gives us a better chance than a less than 100% Worley then why wouldn't they go with Peterman or Dobbs. Jones has to think of what is best for the team and what is best for the long term health of Justin Worley.

Worley gives us a chance to win 3 of the last 4. With or without Worley, we're not beating Bama. It makes sense to sit him if he's dinged up, so he'll be closer to 100% for games that are "must wins."

If we beat Bama, we go bowling! But equally as important, those cousin kissing jackoffs get knocked out of the playoffs.

VN Store

Back