Injuries - 2 O-linemen out for Bama?

VolBricks

May the Orange be with you!
It looks like we may be down 2 starting linemen (Jackson & Thomas) against Bama according to this article from Rocky Top Insider
Offensive Notes and Observations: 10/21 | Rocky Top Insider
The good news is Worley appears to be OK after the shoulder injury against Ole Miss. I will be interested to see how he performs when he has to throw the ball deep against Bama.
I really thought we would have seen Josh Smith by now. That high ankle sprain must have been more serious than we thought.

SIAP- this is the first I have seen of the injury status.

Reactions: 2 people
Coach Jones said in his media availability last night that he hopes to have Jackson for the full practice today, which means he's hurt but he'll play on Saturday.

No surprise there. If Jackson loses a leg on Friday, he's still probably our best lineman on Saturday.

Thomas might be out as he likely cannot practice today.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Is it a penalty for us to use the blocking sled on the field during the game?

Reactions: 10 people
Odd since Butch said in the presser than Jackson would practice and was expected a go. CT was waiting further evil.

Anyone find it odd that no one was wearing a green jersey at practice yesterday? We obviously have some battered and bruised players, and many are bandaged or wearing braces. Is Butch trying to send a message to toughen up? Any insights?

It looks like we may be down 2 starting linemen (Jackson & Thomas) against Bama according to this article from Rocky Top Insider
The good news is Worley appears to be OK after the shoulder injury against Ole Miss. I will be interested to see how he performs when he has to throw the ball deep against Bama.
I really thought we would have seen Josh Smith by now. That high ankle sprain must have been more serious than we thought.

So you're saying there is a chance our O-Line may improve this week?

:thud:

Tennesseeduke

For some reason, I opened the thread thinking we were talking about Alabama OL guys. Then I remembered, it wouldn't matter anyway, they probably have about 20.

Jackson is the one that will hurt, Thomas not big of deal, whom every takes his spot will be a upgrade.

OL's already a turnstile. How much worse could it get? Scoreboard only goes to 99.

High ankle sprains are nasty business.

VN Store

Back