gameday

VFL13

I'm sure there are probably a million of these threads, but wanted to ask a few ?'s. We purchased season tickets from a friend in xx4 row 3. Wanted to know if these are pretty good seats. Also what time do the pregame party's start and where is the best place/places to be? Also timing of the volwalk? And are they doing anything like checkering neyland again? Also I have eaten at Calhoun once before? Is it the best? Any other recommendations? Thanks for answering any of these ?'s

Hit up the Pike house, those guys are super laid back. You'll have no problem getting in as long as you bring some Franzia, a rubber hose, and a funnel.

Reactions: 5 people
You cannot beat Ye Ole Steakhouse, Also it may pay to see how the seats view the field before buying season tickets, just sayin.:)

Reactions: 1 person
Use one of the stadium view sites to get an idea on seats but you should enjoy them. Parking at market square (free) partying there and then riding the trolley over is fun for later games. Lots of cool lots with cool tailgaters all over.

Now if anyone has any serious answers that would be great. My wife hasn't been to neyland in like 10 years and it's been about 5 for me.

You cannot beat Ye Ole Steakhouse, Also Ii may be wise to see how the seats view the field before buying season tickets, just sayin.:D

No we bought these from season ticket holders. And I have looked and viewed the stadium seating. Was just wondering if anyone has had these seats before

No we bought these from season ticket holders. And I have looked and viewed the stadium seating. Was just wondering if anyone has had these seats before

My Apologies:hi: You will never eat anywhere else if you go to Ye Ole Steakhouse. It's so good it should be outlawed.

Reactions: 2 people
Everything really nice will be closed after the game, if you like Calhouns you can park there and I think they still give a gift certificate for the amount of parking. You can tailgate right in there parking lot if you want and a short walk to the game.

Ye Olde Steakhouse Friday night would be your best bet. Located on Chapman Highway about 10 minutes from downtown. Circle Park/Torchbearer is a good place for the Vol Walk and it is usually a couple of hours before kick off. Parties will be starting around 10 AM. If you don't have any friends setting up tents in places like Circle Park, then you will probably want to hit the Strip around noon.

... Circle Park/Torchbearer is a good place for the Vol Walk and it is usually a couple of hours before kick off. Parties will be starting around 10 AM. If you don't have any friends setting up tents in places like Circle Park, then you will probably want to hit the Strip around noon.

This. Or, you could trek to G10 and make one friends. There are normally several tailgates willing to let you join the fun. :rock:

Ever been to Knoxville on a game day?

I've been in Knoxville for the last 16 years of game days. Even lived in a subdivision across the street from ye olé for a couple of them. First if you didn't catch it. It was a joke. Secondly after the game it will not matter they will be closed. So if op wanted to go it would be before the game and no it will not take 30 minutes to get there then, Henley St bridge is open.

I'm sure there are probably a million of these threads, but wanted to ask a few ?'s. We purchased season tickets from a friend in xx4 row 3. Wanted to know if these are pretty good seats. Also what time do the pregame party's start and where is the best place/places to be? Also timing of the volwalk? And are they doing anything like checkering neyland again? Also I have eaten at Calhoun once before? Is it the best? Any other recommendations? Thanks for answering any of these ?'s

Ye Olde Steakhouse or Calhoun's on the River!

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

We always park at the Civic Coliseum and ride the shuttle to the stadium. Takes the hassle out of dealing with traffic and finding a parking place.

http://www.katbus.com/pdf/footballshuttleinfo.pdf

There will be long lines after the game, but get in the one furthest away from Phillip Fulmer Way. It seems to move faster than the others.

For Friday nights eats, I'd rather eat at Chesapeake's instead of Ye Ole Steak House. Gameday, depends how much you want to walk. If you want to get out quick, park down by 17th Street. If you plan a late night, park closer to Cumberland Ave. Lots of tailgates, restaurants, and bars in the area.

Television: ESPN 2
Gate #19 opens: 5 pm
Vol Walk: 5:15 pm
All other Gates open: 5:30 pm
Band March: 5:50pm
Kick-off Time: 7:36 pm

Thanks for all the info ladies. Does anyone know of a place to buy UT gear for cheap or on sale. Found a jalen Hurd jersey here in chattanooga for $60 but wondering if you can find better deals in town

VN Store

Back