Jacob Gilliam Update

VolnJC

Rocky Top Insider @rockytopinsider · 2h 2 hours ago

Gilliam said he is "100%" and "pain free"

I still think it will be awhile till he is in football shape though..he looked pretty bad Saturday

Reactions: 3 people

I still think it will be awhile till he is in football shape though..he looked pretty bad Saturday

He could probably do it in two weeks when we really need him.

Reactions: 1 person
So did he actually tear his acl. Seems like an awfully fast recovery for a 300 lber.

I actually thought he did pretty well, I know one or two plays he blew but otherwise okay.

So did he actually tear his acl. Seems like an awfully fast recovery for a 300 lber.

Tearing your ACL isn't that hard to partially recover from. Our society survived thousands of years before surgery to fix a common sports injury. He won't be able to cut or put a lot of lateral pressure on the knee, but the O-line probably uses those motions the least of all the players on the field The long recovery time comes from the surgery to fix it, which from personal experience is a complete *****

Tearing your ACL isn't that hard to partially recover from. Our society survived thousands of years before surgery to fix a common sports injury. He won't be able to cut or put a lot of lateral pressure on the knee, but the O-line probably uses those motions the least of all the players on the field The long recovery time comes from the surgery to fix it, which from personal experience is a complete *****

Agree 100%. Been there, done that. Did not have my reconstruction for several years since I was a desk jockey. Therapy was excruciating and I did not cut corners getting through it. But it was the key to getting full use again.

I don't think any of us are "100%" and "pain free" after last Saturday, but I love this kid's guts.

Reactions: 2 people
Major props to that kid… .got that mental and physical toughness. Love it!!!! A true VFL. GO GET'EM KID!! !! IM PRAYING U STAY SAFE

I love players that fight to get back instead of taking the easy long road.. shows heart, guts and determination. Three things that cannot be taught, you either have it or you don't.

Reactions: 1 person
Makes me love this kid even though I don't know him.Walk on that thru dedication and hard work earns his scholarship. Gets injured and refuses to accept his career is over.Whats not to love about this story.Got my old ass fired up wanting to play again.Great inspirational story.Who wouldnt love to play on the same team with this kid.

This Kid will succeed in life! a fighter. Chooses to swim against the current..
Good Luck to you Jacob!

There's no normal life, Wyatt, it's just life. Get on with it.

This is a true VFL. We've had a few that have faced adversity like Nick Reveiz and Wes Brown in recent seasons.

So proud of you Jacob! You're a freakin VFL if I've ever seen one! Praying for your safety on the field!! Now GO BUST SOME BAMMERS!

VN Store

Back