James stone gets the start for the falcons.

RSATURDAY

James stone is penciled in to start this week for the falcons. I want to hear everyone's opinion on if he sticks and improves the falcons line issues.

Reactions: 5 people
He'll definitely stick. The talent on the offensive line for the falcons is dismal. Stone will be very vital to protecting Ryan.

James stone is penciled in to start this week for the falcons. I want to hear everyone's opinion on if he sticks and improves the falcons line issues.

Could not happen to a nicer, more deserving guy. I've had the pleasure of working with his younger brother, Jason, for the last few weeks. They are really good guys raised right in every way....

Reactions: 2 people
But, but, but I though our O-Line last year was terrible? Now three of the five starters last year are starting in the NFL.

So this is now 3 out of 5 players from last year's OL that are starters in the NFL?

Oof.

That said, glad to see this. Stone has always seemed like a good kid, glad to see him making waves.

Reactions: 1 person
Good for him! Hopefully he keeps the job. He can't do much worse

Our line last season was not terrible. It was not a fit for Butch's offense because he wants mobile guys and uses a different scheme than what last year's line was recruited to do. They are now in the NFL and not involved in offenses like Butch's. Folks need to remember the offense regressed badly last year from previous years, just like it is doing even more this year. That also ought to tell the observer something.

Reactions: 1 person
:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

Three guys from last years OL are now starters as rookies in the NFL... yet there are those who would argue that this staff didn't inherit enough talent to make a bowl game.

You hit the nail on the head. Last years line was talented; however, our coaches opted to go away from their strengths in an effort to install their process and system. It failed miserably and we did not make a bowl. Now we have new linemen who are supposed to be better suited to their system and most have a year to learn it. Result is another miserable failure so far -- 2 of these experienced linemen replaced by freshmen and another by a walk on and a sputtering offense for 2nd year in a row

Good job by Stone. Good to see another Tennessee boy doing good things in the NFL

Three guys from last years OL are now starters as rookies in the NFL... yet there are those who would argue that this staff didn't inherit enough talent to make a bowl game.

HAHAHAHA yeah cause three guys make up the whole team right?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

Welcome to the SEC. And life as a UT fan.

Last year it was defense, Cletus.

I think he takes the line and becomes the center and anchor of the young unit. They need some toughness that's for sure.

I know Tiny is on IR but isn't that 3 players starting in the NFL from last year's line? How the hell did they only manage 5 wins??

That line has nowhere to go but up. I was'nt even aware James was on the roster. I wish him the best. Been watching Peyton lately. He's going down as the best QB that ever lived. The only reason Favre played around that last couple of years was because he knew PM was closing in and would obliterate his numbers. PM would've passed him if he was still playing. Sorry Bret, get on your knees.

VN Store

Back