Exfix

This is the target for a reasonable return to the upper tier of the SEC. Years of coaching changes and player attrition can't be turned around overnight. I don't care what types of situations other coaches are in, every job really IS different. Look at what's happened so far:

-Elite recruiting. The lifeblood of any program but only ONE full class (of freshmen mostly) to work with. More talent on the way.

-Defensive turnaround. Amazing and far beyond anyone's projections.

-Coaching stability. Important for maintaining a system that the players can learn and grow within.

-More respectable play. No more Dooley style blowouts in the games against great teams. I'm not into moral victories, but at least this shows improvement.

Bottom line, I have no idea whether CBJ and staff (especially the OC) are the right fit, although I suspect they are. However, they MUST have 4 full years given our climate of turnover to successfully rebuild. The offense sucks, I get that, but they need an upgrade in talent and the weight room on the line. This isn't the NFL where you pick up free agents in the off season. After 4 years if we aren't in the SEC championship conversation, fire them all and leave a well stocked cupboard of talent. Go Vols.

Reactions: 3 people
Yes,2016 will be the year were back on top to stay.Next year I'd say only 5 to 10
freshmen will see the field. The recruiting celebration will be fun this year as butch
starts building some depth.Then we should have a chance to win any given sat.

Reactions: 1 person
Saturday is the end of an era. This will be the LAST TIME the Vols are double digit underdogs as long as Butch is the coach.

Reactions: 4 people
I totally agree. I just hope Butch doesnt get pissed and bolt to Michigan with all the moron fans screaming he can't get it done.....He's not playing on a level playing field right now, but he's building a beast if we give him time.

I totally agree. I just hope Butch doesnt get pissed and bolt to Michigan with all the moron fans screaming he can't get it done.....He's not playing on a level playing field right now, but he's building a beast if we give him time.

Michigan will be forced to make a big time proven hire due to fan apathy and donor pressure, butch would not fit that criteria.

Reactions: 2 people

If he left here because of "moron fans" then it would be stupid to go to Michigan. They are at the least no better if not worse.

Saturday is the end of an era. This will be the LAST TIME the Vols are double digit underdogs as long as Butch is the coach.

If he has to start a Freshman QB and more Freshmen on the OL next year, he will be a double digit dog to Oklahoma, Alabama, Georgia

If he leaves because of that, he doesn't have the testicular fortitude to coach in the SEC

Reactions: 7 people
Sorry. I'm still focused on winning six games in 2014. I'd like to see the coaches achieve that goal before looking ahead two years.

Michigan isn't going to hire a coach with a worse record than the coach they have. Dear God. If Butch isn't here in 2016, nobody will have stolen him away.

-More respectable play. No more Dooley style blowouts in the games against great teams. I'm not into moral victories, but at least this shows improvement.

We've looked good in some games but you can't just ignore the Oregon, Bama, Auburn, and Mizzou games from last year. Heck last week was a blow out where the players quit giving full effort towards the end. Jones has coached 19 games, 6 OOC cream puffs and 2 against Vandy and UK. So out of the 11 games against decent competition he has been blown out around half the time.

Butch is not leaving,he came here to do a job and hes going to do it.
He knows not to listen to all the arm chair quarterbacks on vol nation.

I don't see how or why any recruit would want to play here. What is the selling point? Opportunity to lose 7 games each year? Only possible SEC wins are against Vandy and Kentucky? Last years class was a fluke but kids will see the product and run for the hills.

Pearson, Smith, Pig, North, Croom, Malone, Williams, Wolf, Helm, Kamara, Hurd, Scott - lots of weapons for a QB, could be a big year. Defense should be top 25. 2016 looks really good on paper, gonna need these redshirts to step it up next year.

I don't see how or why any recruit would want to play here. What is the selling point? Opportunity to lose 7 games each year? Only possible SEC wins are against Vandy and Kentucky? Last years class was a fluke but kids will see the product and run for the hills.

Nah...still a great program with a lot more to sell than most, but '16 is not the year we break into the upper tier of the SEC. It may come, but the count is right on this one. Too many question marks next year for that. Also we will be replacing an all-American middle lb, AJ.

55vdGJy.jpg

Your a glass half full kinda guy arent ya?

Reactions: 2 people

You have as much of a chance of getting offered the Michigan job as Butch does.

Reactions: 3 people

I was going to give you a list of top selling points, but after re-reading your post, it is apparent you have never been to Neyland Stadium on a football Saturday. :banghead2:

VN Store

Back