Vols shrug off Kiffin's return TFP article

vollygirl

GO VOLS!!!
Staff member
UT Vols shrug off Lane Kiffin's return, say he's no distraction | Times Free Press

KNOXVILLE -- Curt Maggitt, Corey Vereen and Cam Sutton glanced at each other as the smiles began to form across their faces.

The laughs of the three Tennessee football players then broke the few seconds of awkward silence.

"I wouldn't say it's hard to stay positive," said Maggitt, one of the team's leaders. "You know when you're so close. It's like Coach says, we're digging for gold, and the person that stops is usually the closest person to the gold.

"Me being a leader, my job is to keep the team focused on just one. Every week's a new season. We have a new opportunity. We're back in Neyland, and it's a great chance."

Saturday is about our Vols. Not a visiting assistant coach.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 14 people
Players and staff are the last ones that give a rip about Kiffin returning. It's mainly the simpleton hilljacks in the fanbase that still cant seem to let it go.

Reactions: 4 people
I'd love to hear nothing but Vols chants during the game, especially when the visitors come out of the tunnel for the first time.

Reactions: 1 person
I'd love to hear nothing but Vols chants during the game, especially when the visitors come out of the tunnel for the first time.

Unfortunately you wont, because bubba just spent his child support money on a ticket and he's gonna give ciffin a piece of his mind.

I hope UT fans can focus on the team but I just don't see it happening. I've said for a while that Butch and the team have really nothing to do with Kiffin. It's the fans that are worked up.

Hell, Butch should buy Kiffin a drink or 2.

Come on guys, so what if the guy from USC who got thrown off the team bus is coming back to Ktown, its no big deal!

Its not like I am gonna set fire to a mattress or something?

chilmonty-albums-my+pics-picture4998-mattress.jpg

OK well maybe just a small one! :devilsmoke:

Last edited:
Players and staff are the last ones that give a rip about Kiffin returning. It's mainly the simpleton hilljacks in the fanbase that still cant seem to let it go.
There's still room, he'll be back. Your just to stupid to know a great thing when you sea it

mDE_Kcjp_WCotcmG_puSbSg.jpg

My 2 sons attend UT and will be at the game. They both have told me that the coaches and administration have been writing them emails, articles in the paper and alerts to the student body imploring them to be professional during the game on saturday. Both boys tell me that "it ain't happening. All hell gonna break loose from students".

Gee, great, national embarrassment is set to take place. I think i'll just go camping in the smokey mountains with a 12 pack of beer and enjoy the fall leaves. I am going to skip this week, not because I think we'll get beat, but because I will be embarrassed by our backwater fan base (AND STUDENTS).

Signed,
Sad face Vol Fan

VN Store

Back