Drop Bama

WolfenVOL

I know a few fans that want to drop Bama from our schedule to add a possible win. That is bs, I grew up wanting to beat the pachyderms long before the gators crawled out of the swamp. I would much rather play one of the better programs than take an assured win over an inferior team. We are down now but headed in the right direction. It will soon be, maybe not soon enough, rather than roll tide we will see the TIDE TURNING. GBO

Reactions: 4 people
Let's just join the Big 10 if we want wins.

Lol. Bama will never be dropped just like how the Army will never stop playing Navy

I'd have to move out of the state (should anyways) if we dropped them. Bad enough taking sh&@ from their fans when they are beating us much less drop them. No we get good and beat them like you said OP!

Yep, we should drop Bama so we can get an SEC West team we can beat, like Auburn....no, wait, like LSU....no,wait, like OleMiss...no, wait, like Miss St....no, wait, like TexasA&M.....no, wait.....

No way we should ever drop Bama. The only thing I do think we should lobby for is changing the way SEC division titles are won.

Out of division games should not count in the standings. It makes no sense to reward one team the "SEC East title" based on playing the two weakest SEC West teams, while a superior team loses out merely because it played the two strongest SEC West teams.

Last year, we drew the two strongest teams in the SEC West (Auburn and Alabama). This year, it's open for debate, but Ole Miss is definitely very good and so is Bama. A team that draws Texas A&M and LSU certainly has an easier road than a team that draws Ole Miss and Bama.

Not that it makes much of a difference anyway this season, but I do think it will suck if we lose the SEC East in a future year merely because we seem to always play the two best SEC West teams.

No. Just No.

I've never heard anyone even suggest that. If I did, my response would be less than cordial.

I know a few fans that want to drop Bama from our schedule to add a possible win. That is bs, I grew up wanting to beat the pachyderms long before the gators crawled out of the swamp. I would much rather play one of the better programs than take an assured win over an inferior team. We are down now but headed in the right direction. It will soon be, maybe not soon enough, rather than roll tide we will see the TIDE TURNING. GBO

I honestly have never heard a single fan say this? Are these people your friends? You need new friends.

The only reason I would agree is that it would be nice in a 4 years time span the players would have a chance to go to all of the stadiums, and it also makes UT to play a better schedule than our other EAST teams.

They didn't drop us in late 90's and early 2000's. I went to school there 2000-2004 and would rarely go to the bama games, bc it was an absolute blowout (in our favor), or if we went we were usually out of there by halftime. They will forever and always be on our schedule and they should be bc I can't wait to start beating them again on a consistent basis. GBO

I want to play Alabama every year but I don't like the way the rotation is currently structured either. We should be getting our return home game with Ole Miss next year.

Reactions: 1 person

Paul Finbuam said yesterday that it is not even a rivalry anymore.:cray:

They didn't drop us in late 90's and early 2000's. I went to school there 2000-2004 and would rarely go to the bama games, bc it was an absolute blowout (in our favor), or if we went we were usually out of there by halftime. They will forever and always be on our schedule and they should be bc I can't wait to start beating them again on a consistent basis. GBO
Is this a generational thing? Either NOT going to games or leaving at the half when we are winning? ( and against our historical biggest rival)

VN Store

Back