Still on the fence about CBJ

Let's take a poll. Butch Jones is:

• Total voters

UGADawg4Life

Not a troll, see my join date. I'm a UGA fan first but a SEC/CFB fan second. I see the recruiting that he's done and the passion that he exudes, but I'm still not totally sold on CBJ. When he was first hired I thought it was a great move. But HC'ing in the SEC is a very tough, albeit well-paying job. So far I think he has everything but the sideline aspect. It may become apparent that he has that. I thought the UF game was a setback, but the rest of the season will tell. I don't think you have much of a shot vs Bama, but you should be competitive the rest of the way. A bowl game would convince me that CBJ has what it takes on the slide lines. :hi:

Reactions: 18 people
OK.

How did your under achieving Coach lose to the worst USCjr team in 5 years with all that 5 star talent on your roster. I'd worry about your own coaching staff before being critical of ours.

Our scrub O line almost came into your house and beat your team full of five stars.

Last edited:
Reactions: 30 people
ugaguy.jpg

Reactions: 10 people
If he gets this team to a bowl game I will start to believe, if not then I will still believe what I did from the start.

Reactions: 3 people
Will UGA and CMR finally do it this year? Everything is in UGA factor right now, but if UGA cannot win the conference it will just be more proof the CMR cannot get over the hump.

Reactions: 2 people
Butch is achilles. He does a lot of things well, but has one big, glaring weakness right now. Offense.

He needs to do whatever it will take to fix it, period. If that means cutting loose Coach Bajakian, do it. If that means taking the Auburn approach to recruting QBs, do it. If that means relinquishing offensive control to someone else, do it.

Reactions: 12 people
OK.

How did your under achieving Coach lose to the worst USCjr team in 5 years with all that 5 star talent on your roster. I'd worry about your own coaching staff before being critical of ours.

Our scrub O line almost came into your house and beat your team full of five stars.

Boom.

Reactions: 3 people
Not a troll, see my join date. I'm a UGA fan first but a SEC/CFB fan second. I see the recruiting that he's done and the passion that he exudes, but I'm still not totally sold on CBJ. When he was first hired I thought it was a great move. But HC'ing in the SEC is a very tough, albeit well-paying job. So far I think he has everything but the sideline aspect. It may become apparent that he has that. I thought the UF game was a setback, but the rest of the season will tell. I don't think you have much of a shot vs Bama, but you should be competitive the rest of the way. A bowl game would convince me that CBJ has what it takes on the slide lines. :hi:

Go away.

I've said it before, but the loss to Florida killed my optimism about the staff. I'll be hoping they find a way to win it back.

Reactions: 12 people
OK.

Probably the same way CBJ lost to the worst florida team since the early 90's. Piss poor in game coaching.

Reactions: 7 people

You're a UGA fan, therefore you are the definition of a troll.

not gonna find many friends or pala wanting to discuss this topic UGA. very sensitive subject.

what's frustrating us is we've had decent offenses in past years, and a horrible d. or vice versa. i think we all feel CBJ is about to turn the corner, but we cant figure out where and when. this fanbase is desperate for that cornerstone win. i mean, Tennessee's expectations THIS year were 6-6.

sadly i would have asked off work, gotten a babysitter and driven anywhere to watch a 6-6 bowl team play in the ****hole.com bowl. ill root for and support these Vols anyday. but, when they dont show up. thats an indication of coaching.

GBO and CBJ

I wish UGA had to play our schedule every year...

Once the talent disparity disappears, you'll wish Jones was gone. We almost whipped your asses in your house with a piss poor Oline and our starting QB out for a quarter. Congrats on winning the east and enjoy it because it won't be happening much longer.

Reactions: 1 person
Once the talent disparity disappears, you'll wish Jones was gone. We almost whipped your asses in your house with a piss poor Oline and our starting QB out for a quarter. Congrats on winning the east and enjoy it because it won't be happening much longer.

let's be civil. at any rate, as much as i despise the under achieving, overly hyped UGA Bulldogs (see also the other 8 teams that use that logo), and their Choir Boy coach. i am completely, 100% confident that within two years we'll be regularly beating them. recruiting is paramount in this league. and we're winning that battle.

now. we need a real qb.

Once the offensive line situation is fixed and our new 2015 q.b. is settled in, we will win big. That will be 2016 though.

This season is likely a 4 - 8 or 5 - 7 season and next season will render another 5 - 7 season but 2016 will see us in the top #25 and likely the representative of the S.E.C. East.

bUTch arrived here with a bad situation. It will take time to get this turned around. No need to run him out of town like we ran Counzo out of town.

i am completely, 100% confident that within two years we'll be regularly beating them. recruiting is paramount in this league. and we're winning that battle.

The last I checked, UGA has the #2 rated class for 2015. The Vols are rated #3.

I'm believing that CBJ will out coach UGA when given players of equal talent.

let's be civil. at any rate, as much as i despise the under achieving, overly hyped UGA Bulldogs (see also the other 8 teams that use that logo), and their Choir Boy coach. i am completely, 100% confident that within two years we'll be regularly beating them. recruiting is paramount in this league. and we're winning that battle.

now. we need a real qb.
I was being civil. I said congrats on winning the east. :)

I thought we weren't allowed to evaluate Butch for another season or two or three. Applying that criteria, everyone should be on the fence.

VN Store

Back