lopsided score,pull Worley ?

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
if the score gets out of hand early against Bama,which it may well do

should CBJ pull Worley and try to save him for the rest of the season?

the man has taken a beating this year,I see no reason for him to get more if Bama opens up a big lead

I still think Worley will lead the Vols to a Bowl game,if it kills him

and how big of lead before CBJ pulls him ?2 or 3 TDs ? the Vols are going to have a tuff time scoring against Bama

I say bench him for all the right reasons before the game even starts. He needs a mojo regrouping and getting beat on by Bama is the opposite of that. Also this fan base could use some variety in how we lose to help keep it interesting.

Reactions: 4 people
We have a chance in all our remaining games with Worley in the game. Make sure he isn't hurt. If TN is down 21 or more mid way through the 3rd- Pull him

This season will live or die with Worley. I still think he's a great QB, but clearly the stress is getting to him.

Reactions: 2 people

the man has taken a beating this year,I see no reason for him to get more if Bama opens up a big lead

and how big of lead before CBJ pulls him ?2 or 3 TDs ? the Vols are going to have a tuff time scoring against Bama

Maybe we should pull CBJ and save him for the rest of the season as bad as it is going!

Reactions: 5 people
I almost say they should rest Hurd, Worley, and anyone else that is nicked up for this game. If getting to a bowl is the absolute goal I would rather rest all our players that are a little banged up for the stretch of winnable games.

That said screw that. Bama is bigger than a bowl game. We have almost no chance but beating them means more than any stupid bowl game. Not to mention our team must learn to play through adversity and this weekend should have plenty of that.

I would sit him to start with. We have no chance in hell to even compete with the 5 sack of potatoes we call for a line (however, I am unsure that an actual sack of potatoes wouldn't be better because at least they would get in the way). Sit him. Get him healthy and lets try to find 3 wins in November.

Reactions: 1 person
YES, our season is dependent on the next 4 games, not the BAMA game. I will probably watch the first few minutes of the game, but I am going to keep my blood pressure down and not watch the goat roping we will take.

Maybe we should pull CBJ and save him for the rest of the season as bad as it is going!

and rest Bajakian too ?

if they get down 3 TDs down,i say pull him and Hurd and who ever else is hurt

they got to do something to protect Worley,he probably isn't going to last the season at the rate he is getting hit,put some of the back up line men in at the 2 tight end spots or a full back,oh wait they don't have one these days

or something,the man is getting beat to the ground way to much,he can't stand much more of it

or so i think anyway,CBJ isn't protecting his QB worth a damn either

I would sit him to start with. We have no chance in hell to even compete with the 5 sack of potatoes we call for a line (however, I am unsure that an actual sack of potatoes wouldn't be better because at least they would get in the way). Sit him. Get him healthy and lets try to find 3 wins in November.

I'm not so sure if it is the players fault,there should be some signs of improvement,especially since CBJ said he had his starting 5 ,it looks like either the coaches have given up or is it the players ?

you play to win so NO! you wanna pull someone pull the entire defence their the only ones showing anything thus far!

I almost say they should rest Hurd, Worley, and anyone else that is nicked up for this game. If getting to a bowl is the absolute goal I would rather rest all our players that are a little banged up for the stretch of winnable games.

That said screw that. Bama is bigger than a bowl game. We have almost no chance but beating them means more than any stupid bowl game. Not to mention our team must learn to play through adversity and this weekend should have plenty of that.

I was thinking the same thing about Hurd before I read this thread. He is banged up and doesn't need to bang into Bama's D-line all day and get banged up more.

CBJ and company have to find a way to protect Worley and play to his strengths. I am afraid if he takes one more hard hit he may be done!

I would have Worley and Peterman play rochambeau before each offensive series to see who plays that time.

you play to win so NO! you wanna pull someone pull the entire defence their the only ones showing anything thus far!

My logic is if you want to play to win you pull Worley. Until he gets regrouped he is a detriment to himself and this offense. Peterman or Dobbs may be worse but Worley has been bad enough that they deserve a new shot to prove it. Also hopefully it helps take pressure off of Worley like UF and UGA did.

Last edited:
Start Worley...let him play 2 series and then replace him. Hurd as well. Let the O line that are injured rest and give some of the other guys the chance to show what they have.

My logic is if you want to play to win you pull Worley. Until he gets regrouped he is a detriment to himself and this offense. Peterman or Dobbs may be worse bug Worley has been bad enough that the deserve a new shot to prove it. Also hopefully it helps take pressure off of Worley like UF and UGA did.

They in no circumstance will play Dobbs, unless Worley and Peterman go down, and even then you may see the wildcat for the rest of the game. Dobbs will more than likely be the initial starter for next year. I think he will be much improved next season having had this year to get in shape and better learn the offense, and he will also be able to have some good QB scrambles.

They in no circumstance will play Dobbs, unless Worley and Peterman go down, and even then you may see the wildcat for the rest of the game. Dobbs will more than likely be the initial starter for next year. I think he will be much improved next season having had this year to get in shape and better learn the offense, and he will also be able to have some good QB scrambles.

I totally agree. I mentioned Dobbs more as a courtesy to those that think he is the second best QB.

Last edited:

Rather than write this negative drivel, why not just say nothing?

If you want to hope for an Alabama rout so you can get your version of who you think should be QB just keep it to yourself.

For all of you out there hoping Worley fails, he is the best of the 3 QB's on the team. And guess what Peterman is the 2nd best QB on the team. And lo and behold that makes Dobbs number 3.

I don't know about you but I'm pulling for Worley to have his best game of the year, and I hope he is in the game in the 4th quarter leading UT to victory!!

Maybe you need to put that in your pipe and smoke it.

VN Store

Back