Support vs. Principle

IndianapolisVol

(Volunteer) Basketball Mod
It makes me laugh to see how many people get upset about another poster's viewpoints on here.

The purpose of a forum is to share one's opinion with a vast collection of other (anonymous) individuals. Yet, each time someone does, an individual with a differing opinion calls them a "negavol" "coach" or something else.

My opinion is that Coach Bajakian has regressed in year two, and aside from a weak offensive line, has more playmakers across the board.

Statistically speaking, this offense is one of the top 3 worst offenses in school history. Yet, we have playmakers like North who aren't getting the ball enough for whatever reason.

Dooley sucked, but aside from early 2010, his offenses put Bajakian's to shame. Maybe it was Cheney, I don't know.

Bajakian needs to make a serious change, just my OPINION.

Reactions: 15 people
QB doesnt have time to get the ball to said playmakers. You cant run screen plays and run the ball every play. You have to throw the ball to keep the defense from just sitting on the run play. Since we cant throw the ball, we cant run either. Its not rocket science.

Reactions: 10 people
QB doesnt have time to get the ball to said playmakers. You cant run screen plays and run the ball every play. You have to throw the ball to keep the defense from just sitting on the run play. Since we cant throw the ball, we cant run either. Its not rocket science.

kinda of a lack of rocket science on the offensive side and poor Worley is the one paying for it

So far the coaching staff has underachieved on the field. Our HC is supposed to be an offensive mind, so far his side of the ball has been terrible.

Reactions: 3 people
It makes me laugh to see how many people get upset about another poster's viewpoints on here.

The purpose of a forum is to share one's opinion with a vast collection of other (anonymous) individuals. Yet, each time someone does, an individual with a differing opinion calls them a "negavol" "coach" or something else.

My opinion is that Coach Bajakian has regressed in year two, and aside from a weak offensive line, has more playmakers across the board.

Statistically speaking, this offense is one of the top 3 worst offenses in school history. Yet, we have playmakers like North who aren't getting the ball enough for whatever reason.

Dooley sucked, but aside from early 2010, his offenses put Bajakian's to shame. Maybe it was Cheney, I don't know.

Bajakian needs to make a serious change, just my OPINION.

We have a second string quarterback playing behind a third string oline. They along with our coaches still need our support to get better. It takes longer in the SEC to rebound especially if you have three coaching changes as soon as UT did. These coaches need another year with their recruits coming up the ranks.
Tennessee has really humbled me. I remember wanting to fire Fulmer after a 2 or 3 loss season.

Reactions: 2 people
We have a second string quarterback playing behind a third string oline. They along with our coaches still need are support to get better. It takes longer in the SEC to rebound especially if you have three coaching changes as soon as UT did. These coaches need another year with their recruits coming up the ranks.
Tennessee has really humbled me. I remember wanting to fire Fulmer after a 2 or 3 loss season.

Me too, crazy, huh?!

Fulmer's years in the 90's and early 00's spoiled us, and made us jaded.

I like your post and feel the same way you do. Sadly I have given up on the Vols this year in hopes next year will be better. It cannot get worse than this year or can it? You see hope is the thing that keeps bringing me back again and again. If you don't have a good team all you can do is hope the next one is better. Maybe CBJ is not the right coach.......time will tell. I think our AD is all in on CBJ and we will have to live with whatever happens for the next 5 or 6 years due to monetary constraints.

So far the coaching staff has underachieved on the field. Our HC is supposed to be an offensive mind, so far his side of the ball has been terrible.

Wrong. Our coaching staff is trying to beat the best teams in the country with an O-line that probably wouldnt start 1 player on any other SEC team. What would you have them do? I want to hear it. Let's hear some suggestions. Something ground breaking, that would win them the rest of their games.

Reactions: 4 people
We have a second string quarterback playing behind a third string oline. They along with our coaches still need our support to get better. It takes longer in the SEC to rebound especially if you have three coaching changes as soon as UT did. These coaches need another year with their recruits coming up the ranks.

What about last year? First string o line and we still lost to Vandy and a pathetic 4-8 Florida

Wrong. Our coaching staff is trying to beat the best teams in the country with an O-line that probably wouldnt start 1 player on any other SEC team. What would you have them do? I want to hear it. Let's hear some suggestions. Something ground breaking, that would win them the rest of their games.

I personally think that pound for pound our O Line has more talent than Duke's O Line, given the caliber of recruits and this excellent coaching staff.

Yet, Duke leads the nation in least sacks given up. Only 4.

Let's do whatever Duke is doing.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/468

Last edited:

I've defended Worley often when I thought guys were blaming him too much. The primary problem on O from a player standpoint is the OL. But Worley hasn't helped at times. Maybe he's getting gun shy because he can't trust protection. I'm not sure but would understand that. But IMO, the OL has been worse over the past three games but so has Worley. Forced errors are understandable but he's starting to have some unforced errors too. Like the first pick the other night. There was no reason not to put a little more air under that ball so the DB had no chance to play it. If he had thrown it just a tad high and given Malone a couple of steps to adjust then it might have even been a TD.

I like Worley. I sympathize with him. I still believe he has talent and is UT's best option right now... but he's taken a step back as well.

Reactions: 1 person

How about do something different? Its not my job to come up with something, I am not a HC at a major program making 3 mil per year. I don't expect them to win the rest of the games, I did expect to beat a pathetic Florida. I do expect to beat Vandy and Kentucky.

Great coaches find ways to make their team better, and make players better. Average to less than average coaches don't and so far that's what we have again.

Reactions: 9 people
How about do something different? Its not my job to come up with something, I am not a HC at a major program making 3 mil per year. I don't expect them to win the rest of the games, I did expect to beat a pathetic Florida. I do expect to beat Vandy and Kentucky.

You don't work for a *****ing company either, but you (and a lot of others on here) do it like your getting paid pounds of gold by the hour. You just expect things to happen, and when they dont you just start pointing a finger at whoever. The offense sucks, fire the OC. the defense sucks, fire the DC. both suck, fire the HC. Sometimes there are things out of their control, like our offensive line being just plain out bad. Not their fault. They are recruiting to get past it. Worley cannot be amazing when hes running for his life, and getting master blasted 50%+ of the times he drops back. I just dont understand what you guys want to happen.

Dooley sucked, the o-line sucks; however, anyone who doesn't see a failure to score more than nine points in a home game against one of the worst Florida teams of all time as a red flag with regard to coaching is blind.

There's no reason this team can't go 6-6, and I will blame Butch and Bajakian if we don't. That doesn't mean I want them fired, far from it. I hope the process works, it's our only hope as we have no chance of hiring a good coach should we fire Butch.

I can virtually guarantee that the 5 Jones and staff settled on would not have been the 5 chosen by Fulmer, Kiffin, or Chaney. They wouldn't have even entertained putting someone as slow as Kerbyson at LT.

And... there have been reports that this staff teaches different techniques or else teaches them differently than other staffs. After reading reports of that here I began to notice that they do act differently than most in pass protection. It seems they play with their weight on their heels. They don't look balanced when trying to block on the edges.

Chaney got two 265 lb walk ons to block well enough for Hardesty to run for 1000 and Crompton to lead a credible passing game. I don't think we are expecting too much from the current staff to say that Chatt shouldn't get their season high sack total against UT.

Reactions: 6 people
Saban is a great coach right? Then why didn't he win a Superbowl in Miami???

If you can't see the difference in coaching NFL and college thats your problem. Plus please show me one post where I have called for 1 coach to be fired. As sad as it is we are stuck with this group for probably 2 more years

Reactions: 1 person
I can virtually guarantee that the 5 Jones and staff settled on would not have been the 5 chosen by Fulmer, Kiffin, or Chaney. They wouldn't have even entertained putting someone as slow as Kerbyson at LT.

And... there have been reports that this staff teaches different techniques or else teaches them differently than other staffs. After reading reports of that here I began to notice that they do act differently than most in pass protection. It seems they play with their weight on their heels. They don't look balanced when trying to block on the edges.

Chaney got two 265 lb walk ons to block well enough for Hardesty to run for 1000 and Crompton to lead a credible passing game. I don't think we are expecting too much from the current staff to say that Chatt shouldn't get their season high sack total against UT.

Wait, so you mean to tell me those two brothers were not five star, NFL players? Because thats clearly the only way any o line can get it done, coaching has nothing to do with it.

They are back pedaling likely to try and keep from getting beat but they do it so aggressively it's actually aiding them getting beat. We are gaining no confidence on the line or at the QB spot and honestly that is what concerns me more than anything. Just the appearance that fear or failure is creeping in. That's a season killer.

Saban is a great coach right? Then why didn't he win a Superbowl in Miami???

Most coaches can't cross over. Sheridan was a very good NFL coach who flopped at TAM. Spurrier and Saban who are two of the best CFB coaches failed in the NFL.

It is a different game and skill set for a coach.

I honestly can't believe you think you have some kind of point with that comment.

Wait, so you mean to tell me those two brothers were not five star, NFL players? Because thats clearly the only way any o line can get it done, coaching has nothing to do with it.

This staff coached a walk on lineman to the first pick in the draft......maybe, just maybe and I will admit this is a crazy thought.......some players are just better than others no matter what their star ranking was back in high school.

Most coaches can't cross over. Sheridan was a very good NFL coach who flopped at TAM. Spurrier and Saban who are two of the best CFB coaches failed in the NFL.

It is a different game and skill set for a coach.

I honestly can't believe you think you have some kind of point with that comment.

Sabah struggling at Mich state his first four yrs might be more relevant though.

VN Store

Back