Surpised that we haven't talked Dobbs and more ..

volmandu

Surprised that we havent started talking more about playing Dobbs. Worley is tough kid and I have lots of respect for him but he isn't getting it done. May be its the hits, may be its the crashing O-Line but 2 out of 3 ints in last game were totally on him. Same with Florida game. In Georgia game too he made 2 critical mistakes but redeemed himself with 2 good TDs later.
In last 2 SEC games Worley has 5 Ints, 3 Fumbles and 0 TDs. The Petermanique.
Please dont even get me started on why not Peterman. Someone posted here about his thumb being broken on that Florida play, but before that dude was in that game for entire half and did nothing. Even last game he fumbled on that play we recovered. He fumbled another one against Georgia. I am yet to see a good play from him and have seem multiple bad ones. Give Dobbs a shot. What good is a Red Shirt if Butch won't be here to use it.
I haven't forgotten, we were still high on Dooley his second year at this point. We played bowl the first, beat (almost) LSU that first year. At this point we were blaming Hunter and Bray getting hurt that year ..few more losses and end of the year Team gave up on him. 2 loosing seasons and Butch won't get same energy from Fanbase (ala Dooley). Negative recruiting starts, recruits leave fearing coach not being here. 3rd year without winning season is a coach's nightmare.
Just saying ..lets put all in .. get some wins ..atleast it will keep fanbase optimistic and recruits intact.

my 0.02 $$

Last edited:
Too long, but there is a reason people are getting red shirted and that is to have more of the pieces together next year.

The UGA fumble is hard to put on Peterman without knowing the call. I could see benefit to red shirting Dobbs just based on reports and for depth sake.

From what I've heard on the radio, Dobbs is redshirting this year. However if Worley gets knocked out for the rest of the year, that plan goes out the window and Dobbs would be the starter. The only reason Peterman is coming in as 2nd string is to save the redshirt. The coaches know Dobbs is the future and sitting a QB a year to watch the game is always the best way to "groom" them into the position.

Reactions: 4 people
Redshirt......................just like we have the luxury of redshirting. We had better play whomever we can win with !!!!!

Reactions: 2 people
If I am not mistaken and I quote " TN will put the best players on the field, even if they are freshman". CBJ must win this year or the hot seat will creep up next year by media. Red shirting Robb's may bite CBJ in the a$$.

Unless there is an injury, Dobbs will not see the field this year. There is no point even thinking about it, Peterman is next on the depth chart. He regressed too much after the spring game to not red shirt him. Worley is the best shot to win games. That is who is going to play for the rest of the year barring, and I pray that it does not happen, an injury. Worley is the best QB we got, yes he makes mistakes, but he is our best chance. Once the level of competition becomes easier following Bama and the team gets the off week, the Vols will look a lot better.

Swain said that Dobbs has not looked good in practice...accuracy/overthrows. He obviously needs the year, and the coaching staff is trying to preserve that.

Surprised that we havent started talking more about playing Dobbs. Worley is tough kid and I have lots of respect for him but he isn't getting it done. May be its the hits, may be its the crashing O-Line but 2 out of 3 ints in last game were totally on him. Same with Florida game. In Georgia game too he made 2 critical mistakes but redeemed himself with 2 good TDs later.
In last 2 SEC games Worley has 5 Ints, 3 Fumbles and 0 TDs. The Petermanique.
Please dont even get me started on why not Peterman. Someone posted here about his thumb being broken on that Florida play, but before that dude was in that game for entire half and did nothing. Even last game he fumbled on that play we recovered. He fumbled another one against Georgia. I am yet to see a good play from him and have seem multiple bad ones. Give Dobbs a shot. What good is a Red Shirt if Butch won't be here to use it.
I haven't forgotten, we were still high on Dooley his second year at this point. We played bowl the first, beat (almost) LSU that first year. At this point we were blaming Hunter and Bray getting hurt that year ..few more losses and end of the year Team gave up on him. 2 loosing seasons and Butch won't get same energy from Fanbase (ala Dooley). Negative recruiting starts, recruits leave fearing coach not being here. 3rd year without winning season is a coach's nightmare.
Just saying ..lets put all in .. get some wins ..atleast it will keep fanbase optimistic and recruits intact.

my 0.02 $$

Dobb's had almost an entire half of a season last year and did absolutely NOTHING...He didn't even show promise in many peoples eyes...He threw for less than 60 yards against Vandy and when he needed to throw a hail mary at the end of the game he could not even throw the ball 50 yards..the ball ended up around the 6 yard line...There is a reason he is 3rd on the depth chart and was 4th before ferguson left...We have already seen what he can do and not sure why so many people are wanting him to burn his red shirt...He is being red shirted for depth at the position...Peterson will most likely be the starter next season with a freshman possibly taking over at mid season if he doesn't get it done.

Reactions: 3 people
Dobb's had almost an entire half of a season last year and did absolutely NOTHING...He didn't even show promise in many peoples eyes...He threw for less than 60 yards against Vandy and when he needed to throw a hail mary at the end of the game he could not even throw the ball 50 yards..the ball ended up around the 6 yard line...There is a reason he is 3rd on the depth chart and was 4th before ferguson left...We have already seen what he can do and not sure why so many people are wanting him to burn his red shirt...He is being red shirted for depth at the position...Peterson will most likely be the starter next season with a freshman possibly taking over at mid season if he doesn't get it done.

Peterman will not be the starter.

Dobbs has a lot of promise as QB, but he was a true freshman who wasn't even close to being ready to play in 2013.

He will have a full two years in the system by August 2015 and will be ready to go.

Reactions: 1 person
Dobbs couldn't hit a barn with the ball if he was standing in the loft!
tumblr_nd15u0OnEf1smmsbuo1_400.gif

Reactions: 3 people
Butch isn't going nowhere until at least after his 4th season.

Smh, he was a true freshman that started his college career against Bama and a very good Mizzou team.

Our receiving corps were also held together with baling wire and duct tape by the Vanderbilt game and with North getting injured very early, we had no playmakers except maybe Pig who was struggling.

Still almost won the game with the TD run that got called back.

As a true freshman he had a better completion % than Ainge or Bray did as freshman. His completion % was also better than Martins in 1998. He also had much less talent on offense.

So try again.
I'm calling BS . 256,789 Wr screens don't count. The 2 TD's and 5 ints looks impressive.

Last edited:
Dobbs is the 3rd string quarterback. That means that two quarterbacks (worley,peterman) consistently out perform him in practice, and therefore give us a better chance to win. He was playing against the 3rd string defense in the spring game. He obviously couldn't win the job in fall camp. He would be th 4th string qb if Ferguson had stayed. I look at these facts and then I wonder how some of you are calling for him to be the starter. I have my doubts that he will ever see the field again, let alone start.

Probably because he's third string, the two QBs ahead of him aren't injured to the point of inability to play, and we don't have mop up time in any of our games because we keep losing.

Dobbs couldn't hit a barn with the ball if he was standing in the loft!

i thought it had to do with a bulls rear and a bass fiddle ?

Dobbs is being red shirted till Dormady is ready to play,so Dormady can have some time to learn the system,Worley is still UTs best chance to win right now

I have to give Worley credit,he is getting the snot beat out of him every game and he still gets up and is ready to play

that young man needs a month off to get over the beating he is taking,I'm sure he is seeing defensive line men sacking him in his nightmares every night

he is starting to lose accuracy from the beatings or so i think,for what that is worth

VN Store

Back