ESPN still says we go 6-6

pualsline

poakley@safeoak.com
All of our percentages dropped about 1% except Kentucky went up by 1%

2.jpg

Also, ESPN has our FPI at 9.4 which is 33 in FBS. If you don't know what FPI is, here is what ESPN defines it as

Football Power Index that measures team's true strength on net points scale; expected point margin vs average opponent on neutral field.

Game Score on the right side of the chart also indicates how well ESPN thinks we played that game

ESPN predicts us in 2 different bowls

Bowl #1
Duck Commander Independence Bowl Against Pitt
They have Pitts FPI at 42. So ESPN predicts we win that Bowl

Bowl #2
Birmingham Bowl Against Memphis
Memphis has an FPI of 36. So they would predict that this is a much closer game, but still a win.

Reactions: 6 people
All of our percentages dropped about 1% except Kentucky went up by 1%

View attachment 85227

Also, ESPN has our FPI at 9.4 which is 33 in FBS. If you don't know what FPI is, here is what ESPN defines it as

Game Score on the right side of the chart also indicates how well ESPN thinks we played that game

ESPN predicts us in 2 different bowls

Bowl #1
Duck Commander Independence Bowl Against Pitt
They have Pitts FPI at 42. So ESPN predicts we win that Bowl

Bowl #2
Birmingham Bowl Against Memphis
Memphis has an FPI of 36. So they would predict that this is a much closer game, but still a win.

What the @#$# is the Duck Commander Independence Bowl?? ALso, I see no upside in playing the Memphis Kitties.

Pretty interesting. I think this is achievable, but man oh man the Offense is going to have to put something together. I'm still a believer in this defense and the direction it is going however they are getting worn completely out because our Offense can't stay on the field for longer than a few snaps.

Reactions: 1 person
If Worley can still walk when the O Line begins to click then things will get interesting very quickly. If the line continues to play at the level we have seen, we are going nowhere this year.

If Worley can still walk when the O Line begins to click then things will get interesting very quickly. If the line continues to play at the level we have seen, we are going nowhere this year.

Worley will be out of college when this happens

Reactions: 2 people
If this OL makes strides in the next 2-3 weeks, we'll go 6-6.

If they don't? I have a hard time justifying anything but Vandy as a win.

Pretty interesting. I think this is achievable, but man oh man the Offense is going to have to put something together. I'm still a believer in this defense and the direction it is going however they are getting worn completely out because our Offense can't stay on the field for longer than a few snaps.

Not every defense is Florida/Oklahoma/Ole Miss. After this weekend you will start seeing a lot more production out of the offense.

And yes I said Florida. For all their faults, their defense is stout.

Reactions: 4 people
Here's the deal...I was really excited about a 7-5 season that included a big statement win. I didn't expect our OLine to be this far behind the rest of the league. Beating Bama is the only chance left to make this year a success. I probably shouldn't let myself succumb to the feeling of hope but I'll be watching Saturday with optimism and belief. I would take a win Saturday over a &$@)ing Duck Commander Independence Bowl!!

Anything to send our Seniors off in style.

I agree with some of the others on this site that ANY bowl would be good this year as it means we would have won at least won 6 games.

Well 8-4 isn't looking as good as it did 4 weeks ago.

6-6 is a safe bet, 7-5 if we start playing a little offense.

What the @#$# is the Duck Commander Independence Bowl?? ALso, I see no upside in playing the Memphis Kitties.

Of course not. VN cannot be satisfied.

If CBJ does get us to a bowl, the bowl is not a major bowl. The opponent is subpar. So therefore there is no benefit to go to a bowl unless it's a big named bowl against a ranked opponent.

Yet if CBJ does not get us to a bowl, then it will be just more complaining about how Dooley squeaked into a bowl in 2010 and Butch didn't.

Bipolar at its finest.

Reactions: 2 people
Of course not. VN cannot be satisfied.

If CBJ does get us to a bowl, the bowl is not a major bowl. The opponent is subpar. So therefore there is no benefit to go to a bowl unless it's a big named bowl against a ranked opponent.

Yet if CBJ does not get us to a bowl, then it will be just more complaining about how Dooley squeaked into a bowl in 2010 and Butch didn't.

Bipolar at its finest.

Your eagerness to be a @#$ made you miss the point. I don't think they would be a subpar opponent, I just don't think we should give an instate team the exposure of playing us. If I'm not mistaken, UT even has this in writing in regards to the Liberty Bowl. But please keep being an obnoxious poster.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back