My annual post

TIDELOVER

I will get blasted by some here as I always do this time of the year, but I always post football questions/comments to get the best football rival in the Southeast going. I am impressed with the Vols team this year, 4 points from being 5-2 and a much improved defense this year. The QB started strong and thought he had found the groove being in the same offense for the second year but the last 2-3 games has been a reverse.
I am worried about this game. We play terrible on the road and you have a stadium that is very loud. Some of my keys to the game:
Vol Offense: short screen passes and misdirection type plays. Limit the 3 and out, then if you punt put us deep in your end to make us drive the field.
Vol Defense: maintain sound coverage and not let Cooper beat you deep. Control our running game and make us beat you passing.
Bama Defense: put pressure on the QB and make him beat you passing the ball. Control Hurd and keep him running East and West, not North and South. Use our team speed on Defense to limit long runs and passes.
Bama Offense: RUN RUN RUN. We have 2 could be all American RB. Just keep pounding the rock. Short passes to limit AJ Johnson on the rush. HE IS A BEAST!
Speical Teams: for Bama hold onto the ball.
For UT: if you have to kick FG make them, don't have an empty drive.

Looking forward to my trip to Knoxville this year. Nothing like the 3rd/4th Saturday in Oct.

Reactions: 8 people
The fact that bama fans are being friendly and giving us tips shows that we haven't had much success against them in a long time,

Reactions: 13 people
I will get blasted by some here as I always do this time of the year, but I always post football questions/comments to get the best football rival in the Southeast going. I am impressed with the Vols team this year, 4 points from being 5-2 and a much improved defense this year. The QB started strong and thought he had found the groove being in the same offense for the second year but the last 2-3 games has been a reverse.
I am worried about this game. We play terrible on the road and you have a stadium that is very loud. Some of my keys to the game:
Vol Offense: short screen passes and misdirection type plays. Limit the 3 and out, then if you punt put us deep in your end to make us drive the field.
Vol Defense: maintain sound coverage and not let Cooper beat you deep. Control our running game and make us beat you passing.
Bama Defense: put pressure on the QB and make him beat you passing the ball. Control Hurd and keep him running East and West, not North and South. Use our team speed on Defense to limit long runs and passes.
Bama Offense: RUN RUN RUN. We have 2 could be all American RB. Just keep pounding the rock. Short passes to limit AJ Johnson on the rush. HE IS A BEAST!

Looking forward to my trip to Knoxville this year. Nothing like the 3rd/4th Saturday in Oct.

What's your honest score prediction? I've got Bama 38 to 10.

Our best chance in this game is run run run punt. I know it sounds crazy but our d is legit as long as the offense doesn't screw them with negative plays and turnovers.

Reactions: 1 person
Just stop! I appreciate the fact that your trying to be cordial. The only thing you should be concerned about is if you guys cover the spread and how much you win or lose on the side bet concerning the over/under sack total.

Cam Sutton And AJ Johnson are ready. Unfortunately our offense won't be ready till 2016. So see you soon.

Reactions: 3 people
Just stop! I appreciate the fact that your trying to be cordial. The only thing you should be concerned about is if you guys cover the spread and how much you win or lose on the side bet concerning the over/under sack total.

Is there a over/under sack total? I'd put it at 5.5

@GBO97 I respect UT. I hope the rival regains the level it was when we didnt know who would win. I like winning but wish it was more competitive.

The fact that bama fans are being friendly and giving us tips shows that we haven't had much success against them in a long time,

Every fanbase has been like this with the exception of Vandy this should tell us something..

@GBO97 I respect UT. I hope the rival regains the level it was when we didnt know who would win. I like winning but wish it was more competitive.

Finebaum said today Bama is not a rivalry.. Agree or disagree and what do most Bammers think.

I think it is a rival. With the closeness of the states and the fan bases being so involved with the teams it makes it a great one. Like I said earlier I respect the UT team, I HATE the cow college in Southeast Alabama!

Thanks for stroking my ego saban.

Thanks for the annual classy post. Despite recent history, I think the game will be a good one. We obviously need the offense that played at Georgia to return in order for us to have a chance, but our defense will give you guys some trouble. Have fun at the game! Go Vols, Beat Bama!

most vol fans or tide fans are also college football fans so we all know
we don't have much of a chance but i'll still be there in qq cheering for
the vols.By the way,WAR EAGLE will beat you all down

Reactions: 1 person
Finebaum said today Bama is not a rivalry.. Agree or disagree and what do most Bammers think.

Finebaum is a gimmick, no more, no less. Don't listen to him, don't care. He's a talking penis with massive ears and a big @$$ nose that gets paid to piss people off so they get him ratings and a paycheck.

Bama will always be a rivalry game, despite how lopsided the streaks are, or what that d***wad says.

Pretty optimistic.....how in the world do score 10 pts this weekend? Honest question.

My initial thought was 41 to 3, but I'm never exactly right so I gave us 10 for some reason. I don't know, maybe a fg and pick six.

Our best chance in this game is run run run punt. I know it sounds crazy but our d is legit as long as the offense doesn't screw them with negative plays and turnovers.

I actually agree with you, except I would work in some quick slants and other quick throws. We should be more conservative.

I am pleasantly surprised by this post. Pretty insightful. I think its a close one. You guys blew off some steam last week and we have some built up. If our offense can find some success our D will keep us in the game. We just have to contain Sims. Here's to both sides staying healthy!

Finebaum is a gimmick, no more, no less. Don't listen to him, don't care. He's a talking penis with massive ears and a big @$$ nose that gets paid to piss people off so they get him ratings and a paycheck.

Bama will always be a rivalry game, despite how lopsided the streaks are, or what that d***wad says.
Hey I agree jus had him on the network while I was on VN just thought it was interesting what he was saying.
Younger SEC fans listen to him and I'm sure he influnces that crowd

VN Store

Back